Penalty Phase #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Long story short, DT did an internet search for anything mean said about PW and used that as a pretext for her withdrawal, when it was really because she wanted to invoke the 5th over not reporting income from photos she sold to TV.

No explanation offered about DB whatsoever. It's like he never existed.

And Jodi punked everyone at the court again, says just kidding about speaking today, but come back tomorrow and I swear I'll do it then.

You know the jury has to be ticked! Get up, come to court all the time, only to be told to go home, time after time....Jodi/DT drama! That has to weigh on the jurors. It would me, everyone is sick of looking at Arias! and tired of the DT's games!

Thank you to the Jurors, feeling your frustrations!

Maybe his son's Mother weighed in... ;)

That would make sense. I'd probably feel the same as her. But do we know that Brewer actually declined to testify? Maybe the DT just declined to call anybody at all, to make their argument stronger. Did they say they're going to go over the judge's head on this issue?

strange that DB did not want to help CKJA out.. whats his reason for not testifying.

Sorry to people who feel otherwise, but that family has no class, what else can you think...

Don't lump everyone together just because they have the same last name. I don't think it's fair to ones who are truly victims of her...at the very least dad, brother, grandma. I highly doubt all of them are completely taken in by her.

I am trying to consider this. Who would threaten anyone speaking for the defense? She's already been found guilty, the only people who would be upset with how this trial is going is JA, her defense team, her family, so why would any one of them care who spoke up for JA?
It's a very underhanded way of insulting the public servants of Maricopa County. As if running up ridiculous expenses isn't enough, now they are accusing the State (District Attorney, law enforcement, concerned citizens) of threatening the life of a mitigation witness. Desperate defense at best.

IMO, the defense attys wanted JA's mother to testify. JA's mother would have said "something is wrong with her...she has mental problems...she has never been right...", etc. JA won't allow this.

That *advertiser censored* has a boatload of pride. She'd rather die than have someone criticize her.

I am trying to consider this. Who would threaten anyone speaking for the defense? She's already been found guilty, the only people who would be upset with how this trial is going is JA, her defense team, her family, so why would any one of them care who spoke up for JA?

We all know that DT witnesses only help the State! ;)

If I were on the jury, I would be SO ANGRY right now. Doesn't the DT think this will alienate the jurors even more?? Do they really think they can get a mistrial, even now??

Well, the convicted killer looked pretty pleased with herself. Put off the inevitable another day...w00t!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.
:stormingmad:

I don't really see what can be done about that.

Is it true that JSS said she could testify off camera? Ie, only the jury would hear/see what she had to say? I do believe JSS would accommodate that -- however, she would still be subjected to JM. And that, I believe, is her real concern.

MOO

Mel

smartest move the defence has made all trial, whatever the sentence she will have a chance to appeal for a new trial on ineffective counsel issues

I disagree. The judge said any defense witness could testify under seal. That removes the concern of intimidation/retribution for a witness. I don't think it will help their appeals at all.

The reason Jodi's family isn't testifying on her behalf is ~ JODI won't allow it. She's the one that made that decision.

The fact remains that throughout the entire trial, Jodi & her council painted Jodi's family as abusive to her. They've maintained for 4 months now that her family is nothing but a bunch of meanies, and that's why they can't put a single one of them on the stand to act like they now like her. Now, none if it's true, mind you... But, if they get up there now, it's going to be obvious that they DO in fact care about her, and Jodi will sit there seething and shooting them dirty looks ~ and none of it will sit well with that whole "my family's so mean to me" scenario. It'll just pull the lid off THAT particular lie, so what's the point?

This whole thing is such a farce...
I don't know about these lawyers! Of hers, I won't say what I'm thinking for fear of timeout! But I've never seen anything like it.:banghead:

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 1m

Court is recessing for the day. #JodiArias scheduled to speak to jury 930 tomorrow morning.#FOX10

BBM~~

Quoting this so we can all remember that court will be early in the morning.... 9:30am.

And now for something completely different. :biggrin: That is one pizzed off judge! And just think of the jury to have this done to them again. They aren't blaming Juan. They are blaming the defense and Jodi. What happened to good ole Darryll? And the jury is probably sitting there looking at Jodi's Mom, Dad, all her siblings thinking "Why can't some of them speak for Jodi and then we can do our thing and go the F home?"

Well, that's all I've got. I'm speechless. Never seen a trial like this in all my life, never. :waitasec:

Mark Eiglarsh ‏@MarkEiglarsh 28s

Attorneys for Jodi Arias just surprisingly announced they won't call witnesses in penalty phase. They r clearly setting up appellate issues.

But can't this set up be seen by the appellate courts? Won't they be able to call the DT on this & deny any appeals?

One of her mitigation factors is no family support, all of her family sitting there in court while her life hangs in the balance and not a one of them speaking to beg for her life is a rather powerful picture for the jury.
Then they should have stayed home. The ribbons and donning a SURVIVOR tee for penalty phase says to me she has plenty of family support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet81bet