Penalty Phase #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
patti herself isn't saying her life was threatened! i don't know where the 'death threat' thing started but even from what was said in court today, i never heard there were death threats and i don't believe it.

I don't buy it either...me thinks Patti got paranoid about telling lies.

SUPERIOR COURT OF ARIZONA
MARICOPA COUNTY
CR2008
-
-
001 DT
/14/2013
Docket Code 029
Form R000D
Page
10:36 a.m. ex parte hearing concludes.
All parties are now present.
LET THE RECORD REFLECT Lisa Allen and Deputy Chief Brian Lee from the
Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office are present. Also present are the victim’s next of kin.
Discussion held regarding media interviews with the Defendant.
IT
IS ORDERED there shall be no further media interviews with the Defendant pending
further order of the court.

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office shall not approach
the Defendant with any media requests pending further order of the

court.
Discussion held regarding Defendant’s Request that Victim Impact Evidence be
Presented via Videotape.
IT IS ORDERED denying the Request for reasons stated on the record.

Discussion held regarding Defendant’s Motion for Discovery of Victim Impact
Evidence.
IT IS ORDERED denying the Motion.
Discussion is held on Counsel for the Defendant’s Motion to Withdraw.
IT IS ORDERED denying the Motion.
10:59
a.m. Status Conference concludes.
11:00 a.m. Ex parte hearing with Counsel for the Defendant and
Defendant present.
Discussion is held.
IT IS ORDERED sealing the proceedings this date not to be transcribed without prior
order of the Court.
11:01 a.m. Matter concludes
http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/052013/m5770706.pdf

I can't see her getting called again to a high profile case after sitting there like a stunned mullet for 5 months and delivering nothing .. how is she even going to justify it to her line manager (or whatever they have)?

A "stunned mullet"? Does that equal Billy Ray Cyrus?

So it was also the Victim Impact Statements .. well we thought that here too at the time, I remember people discussing that it was too hard for them to stand up after hearing what she did to the Alexanders.

Love that she went to the media, the court can get something about her real thoughts on the record to stuff up the appeal.

I was thinking that very thing, CLEARLY she is not afraid to be in the public, if she is granting interviews and releasing press statements. She is, in the words of Mr. Martinez, my hero, "Courting the media."

Juan Martinez will have a field day with this little gem come appeal time.
Meanwhile, for the judge, I know this makes her grin. Nurmi can huff and puff, but he'll never blow the house down.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Penalty Phase #12

I'm so sorry, and I am praying for all in the path of these tornados, BUT, can we PLEASE stick with the trial...I just don't want to have this thread closed and get thrown into the SideBar like this weekend.

Again, I do apologize and hope I haven't offended anyone!

Hard to do when trial keeps getting hijacked. As katiecool said....blame it on JA!

Has JA's sister stayed out the media? If so, she could speak on her behalf. I know about the "stupid" comment, but that is what young people do, so maybe the sister could overlook that. What about the Bishop (is that the right name) of the Church she joined?

I'm sorry Patti, but you can't go on Nancy Grace's show and maintain your anonymity. IMO, you want your own 15 minutes far more than you want to speak up for your sweet friend you haven't talked to in years.
I guess she would have to weigh which was more economically beneficial...to take the stand or not take the stand.

I get it, especially for the convicted murderer. What can thwart the process though, is when everyone online and in the general public starts mobbing and digitally thrashing any person who dares step up to speak on behalf of the one convicted.

If someone wants to stand before the court and share their experience of time with the Murderer they should be reasonably free from having their personal lives and details picked apart and posted as they are unrelated to the case at hand.

Why should her personal issues matter if she's only wanting to share some simple statement with the court? For example:

"While the things of recent are rotten and bad in my former friend's case, the convicted person didn't seem like this when we hung out long long ago. You see, during the month of April in 1986, Jodi was my BFF and we played hopscotch and zelda till midnight during a slumber party. She didn't try to stalk and kill anyone during that month. I never thought we would be here today. Thank you."

We all know Jodi exceeds the boundaries of vileness. Thrashing anyone associated with her: family, friends, teachers, coworkers, boyfriends, even her former childhood era friend(s), seems like an example of less than polished form. IMHO. We can respectfully doubt, disagree with and even ignore sources of info without crossing over the line that differentiates acceptable civil activity and hostile abusive behavior.
:truce:

She was impeached by the prosecutor. What Jodi did when she was 10 years old has nothing to do with what she is being charged with now. Problem was PW claimed Jodi had a wonderful childhood and she did also but that PW always wanted to trade places with Jodi because her childhood seemed so much better. Thursday she was changing her statements to Jodi was abused as a child by her parents. It wasn't that PW was planning on stating a fact as she knew it but was fabricating a story to benefit her friend with no proof or basis for her statement. That could get her a little more than a timeout. You are talking jail time.

I don't think it is abusive behavior to discuss what is going on in this trial. It's a DP case and people do have a right to voice their opinions. The majority have been respectful of her parents and siblings from what I see with those rare occasions when someone from the Arias camp makes an inappropriate statement. All of which is up for discussion if it's made to the public. And, after all, this is a crime forum who is victim friendly. Jodi's family does not want to see her die and we can all respect that.

Has JA's sister stayed out the media? If so, she could speak on her behalf. I know about the "stupid" comment, but that is what young people do, so maybe the sister could overlook that. What about the Bishop (is that the right name) of the Church she joined?

That is what just baffles me. NO FAMILY MEMBER speaking up for her. None. Not Grandma, mom, sister, brother.....none. I simply do not get it.

Oh well I tried a few times to ACESS chat house where Donovan commented. I see where you can. Click on things not seen on dateline but just blank underneath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver