Penalty Phase #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regards to Patti and Daryl, there were in court willing to talk last week, this all changed over lunch .. I think the Alexanders statements played a big part, this was before the horrible hate campaign started on FB and Twitter, I think reality hit and they couldn't do it, went to lunch together and talked about it and just decided no. At that time they could have done the statements in chambers, they chose not to.

This is a show. The DT couldn't find anyone willing to testify for JA. This is a cover up of that fact. Better to claim that the court/prosecutor/public/media is not allowing her supporters to testify than to admit that she has NO supporter willing to chance taking the stand for her. :twocents:

I haven't been around yet today, but heard the news on the friend Patricia not testifying. What happened to Darryl? This is incredible. Has there ever been a case where nobody wanted to testify on behalf of the defendant?

This is a show. The DT couldn't find anyone willing to testify for JA. This is a cover up of that fact. Better to claim that the court/prosecutor/public/media is not allowing her supporters to testify than to admit that she has NO supporter willing to chance taking the stand for her. :twocents:

Anyone that would testify on Jodie's behalf would be subject to juan and by that I mean! Like Jodie's childhood friend spoke to abc that Jodie had a wonderful childhood than she was going to testify for the DT that Jodie was abused or treated bad.
Than there's her mom who in the interrogation with Flores stated that Jodie had mental problems. So if she testifies juan can use that interview against her.
Than there's Donovan who is now probably not allowed in the courtroom. I don't know what happened to Daryl brewer but oviously juan could shoot his testimony down too?

If that was my daughter! I would be held in contempt of court if I wasn't allowed to say something to save my daughters life. wouldn't agree with what she did but I wouldn't just let her go to death row without saying something anything.

Are there guidelines for the Allocution? Does she only get to talk about herself, her life, her redeeming qualities, and why they should let her live? I don't think she gets to trash Travis or rehash her defense. Right?

The DT dragged all JA's family front row center for today's show. Instead of letting her relatives get on the stand and be impeached by JM (by referring to their previous LE interviews), the DT pitches a fit insinuating that they (and hordes of friends) really,really wanted to take the stand but were too intimadated by JM.

Does anyone believe that these witnesses were clamouring to defend JA? Really? It was all a DT ploy to cover her lack of witnesses. Or rather the lack of witnesses who could take the stand to try to defend her and still tell the truth.:twocents:

I haven't been around yet today, but heard the news on the friend Patricia not testifying. What happened to Darryl? This is incredible. Has there ever been a case where nobody wanted to testify on behalf of the defendant?

BBM
No official info has been given to why Darryl isn't going to testify, but IMO it almost seemed like KN, when denied his motions this morning, decided to just pull the plug on any witness. I hate to say this but it really came across as almost a fit of temper.

I do honestly though think it's kinda weird that people who want to speak on behalf of the defendant have to be crossed. Even though I don't care about this woman at all, and she should have no rights. But I just find it odd. They are making a statement, they should not be on trial of past mistakes.

Yes the CM makes an allocution. It doesn't look like they are normally cross-examined, according to Google but just about to ask in the Legal thread
I believe it is an "unsworn" statement. There is normally no questioning by either side.

In my experience, and I have seen quite a few, the D gets up there and can ramble on and on. I would usually leave the Courtroom and only come back in when the Judge told me it was over. Could not stomach it.

If the Alexander family has to endure it, then I will too. But only for them. NOT because I care one bit about anything CMJA has to say. JMHO

I'm sure these people would be willing to testify truthfully if it were not from the defendant, again, trying to manipulate witnesses.

If they testified truthfully, JA would be voted the DP in a New York minute. :scared:

Please discuss the Oklahoma tornado [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209875"]here[/ame].​

I do honestly though think it's kinda weird that people who want to speak on behalf of the defendant have to be crossed. Even though I don't care about this woman at all, and she should have no rights. But I just find it odd. They are making a statement, they should not be on trial of past mistakes.

IMO it goes to credibility! Would you want Donovan to be able to testify without Juan being able to bring up how the murderer and her became friends??

I wonder if Travis' family could get up and leave when she starts talking? That would make a powerful impact on the jury....Not sure it is allowed but I sure think it would show Willmott & Nurmi how their antics have affected the family and how whatever Jodi says doesn't mean anything....

So the only person testifying on Jodi's behalf in the mitigation phase is going to be Jodi?

Wow. That says a lot to me.

IMO, today's stunt was not a Hail Mary.

I believe this was done strictly for an appellate argument in the future.
They know that there is no hope, no mitigation witness in the world can undo the Jury's mind at this point. I think they 12 Premeditated and 7 Premeditated AND Felony, along with the fact that they returned within an Exceptionally Cruel verdict before 2 hours - along with their Emphatic "YES" when asked if it was their true verdict ... They know it's over. Now it's all about finding a way to get rid of either this jury, or appeal this case.

My question is: What motion can they file before the end of today?

So does that mean the defense, ANY defense, can "throw their game" because they are mad, losing/lost, giving up, don't like their client, don't like the prosecutor, etc. etc.??? I mean, is this just a big freaking game? Throw the case so there can be an appeal? If so, it is truly sickening what goes on in the courtroom. or at least THIS courtroom.

I am truly disgusted. However, I know I am not as disgusted as the Alexander family.

DFW, I get what you are saying but in my mind if there weren't some type of offsetting practices, mitigation in the courts could become a circus with all types of performers. It seems to me this proceedure would keep things honest and clean JMO

The DT dragged all JA's family front row center for today's show. Instead of letting her relatives get on the stand and be impeached by JM (by referring to their previous LE interviews), the DT pitches a fit insinuating that they (and hords of friends) really,really wanted to take the stand but were too intimadated by JM.

Does anyone believe that these witnesses were clamouring to defend JA? Really? It was all a DT ploy to cover her lack of witnesses. Or rather the lack of witnesses who could take the stand to try to defend her and still tell the truth.:twocents:

I often wondered if Darryl's ex had some information to share with JM about Jodi's behavior around her child. Young children can relay information to a parent that has no significance to them other than it was an "event" that they witnessed. I bet the ex-Mrs. B has some doozies.

What happens if Jodi gets up in front of the jury tomorrow and says "give me death"? Will her lawyers object or what their client is saying? Will they try to end her allocution?

If I had been isolated from trial info, I would have assumed the T-shirt referred to the TV show Survivor.

...another assumption re the sister wearing a "Survivor" shirt might be that she's survived abuse from Jodi Arias, her sibling

The DT dragged all JA's family front row center for today's show. Instead of letting her relatives get on the stand and be impeached by JM (by referring to their previous LE interviews), the DT pitches a fit insinuating that they (and hords of friends) really,really wanted to take the stand but were too intimadated by JM.

NO, I do not believe for one minute that any of them wanted to take the stand.
When Nurmi was talking it showed the brother smirking and saying something to the mother. I think she was on her best behavior thinking a camera might be on her as she actually did nothing. Honestly, I do not think any of them even care, they have seen her evilness. Probably thinking they are glad it was not one of them.

So the only person testifying on Jodi's behalf that in the mitigation phase is going to be Jodi?

Wow. That says a lot to me.

This^^^^ This is what the DT is trying to avoid. They do not want the jury to know just what a waste of space JA has been all her life. She made no friends, helped no one, loved no one more than herself, advanced no cause, contributed nothing to life, and did not make this world one whit better for having been born into it.

That is one of the saddest facts of this trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech