Penalty Phase #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I put the motion for mistrial and objection on this thread? They are dated yesterday and today.

BBM
No official info has been given to why Darryl isn't going to testify, but IMO it almost seemed like KN, when denied his motions this morning, decided to just pull the plug on any witness. I hate to say this but it really came across as almost a fit of temper.

Holy moly! I'm off to find the video!

Oh my word. What on earth happened today?? Is there a youtube? Will the case ever end?? I'm starting to worry it won't.

Cece, the vids were posted by Ransom (?) in this thread. I'm not sure if this will work but here goes

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9466025&postcount=1378"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Penalty Phase #12[/ame]

I had to laugh when Nurmi went on about JM intimidating the Defense wits. Like he's supposed to give them a group hug and some kisses or what?

OT... So many of the talking heads sound like Gilbert Godfrey as they squawk... Hurts my ears!

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

Wow this wine throb lady on Hln is off the hook with snarks for martinez.

The death threats are BS, IMO. Patty Womack is a welfare recipient, as well as a drug abuser, and she has too much to lose by answering questions posed by Juan Martinez.

Where was Darryl? No word about why he didn't show up.

Nurmi threw a huge temper tantrum & looked like an idiot.

Jodi has no mitigation witnesses because she is a life-long loser, grifter, manipulator and liar.

Nurmi & Willmott were P.O.ed that they were left looking stupid with no witnesses bothering to show up or call them before court. Jodi has no friends, her family is for some reason showing up in the gallery, but not speaking for her.

It's not Juan's fault that the defense looked like total clowns today.

Exactly, exactly, exactly!

I don't know whether someone was joking but it was posted that Sheriff Joe was letting her say goodbye to all her inmate friends because it is expected this will be her last night there. Don't know how true it is.

I can see it all now...she'll be like St. Joan of Arc bidding fond adieu to her few, but loyal, supporters before beginning her slow final trudge, stoic head held high, towards the waiting wooden stake. :coffeews: ....whatever

JVM just said that Darryl was staying in the same hotel as she today. She and her producers saw him, he was waiting to be called to testify and the call didn't come.

Oh my word. What on earth happened today?? Is there a youtube? Will the case ever end?? I'm starting to worry it won't.

here they are again
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDXopWnFUqA"]Jodi Arias Penalty Phase - Day 2 - Motion for Mistrial - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxmpCSptl9s"]Jodi Arias Penalty Phase - Day 2 - Court in Recess - YouTube[/ame]

IMO it is desperation. This client has thwarted any effective defense possible right from day one with all of her lies and changing stories. Now it's the eleventh hour, and the DV defense didn't fly, and they have run out of options to save her life. And she STILL continues to tighten the noose despite what they may be advising her to do or not to do. An interview 20 minutes after conviction of murder in the first degree is not an Einstein move. It speaks to her self absorption, and her determination to be the orchastrator of her own biography. I honestly think she is delusional enough to think that this is nothing more than her own life story. Her script, her way.

I agree that some of her mitigating witnesses destroyed any chance they may have had to help her by putting themselves out in the media, although her family hasn't done that, so I don't understand why none of them will speak for her life. Potential witnesses like PW and MM, however, have definitely done or said things in the media that are detrimental to her case. I find it a bit appalling though that the DT would turn that around and point the finger of blame for that on anyone other than the person who is directly responsible. Nurmi reached a new low today IMO. He insulted every single facet of the justice system in this case with his little tirade and blame game, when he should have been looking in the mirror.

Sucks to be Nurmi and Willmott today don't it.

JVM just said that DB was at the hotel she and crew were at, and he was ready and willing to to take the stand for Jodi but the defense did not call him.

And that mitigation lady....exactly what the heck was she doing all this time besides just SITTING there in her hoochi-mama outfits?? Darryl and patty are ALL they/she could come up with???

Imagine from all the restaurants JA worked in there is not one manager, supervisor or co worker that the DT could drum up to speak of something good JA did as an employee!

Good questions. I wish one of the Websleuth attorneys could shed some light on this debacle today.

I checked the legal thread a little bit ago...but haven't seen any commenting on today.

I guess...ugh...it's HLN for me to find out some answers as to what the he!! the defense was trying to pull today...coz I do not trust Nurmi...thou doth protested just a little too much today, if ya aske me. And I know, I know, no one is asking me!

AZ is responding on that thread right now.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I hear what you're saying. But I would be more inclined to give them the benefit of my empathy if they weren't so willing to plaster their faces all over Nancy Grace and the other tabloid shows. Just saying, and MOO.

Not to mention selling personal photos of themselves with the killer. Not only does it seem she is looking for her 15 minutes but a few shekels for her trouble, as well. With friends like these the killer doesn't need any more enemies. It seems like the only people who are willing to be aligned with her have other then friendly motives. Once it is no longer profitable to be her friend they will scatter like cockroaches in the light.

BBM: bingo!! They knew what would happen with patti. That's why they did it. It set the stage for everything we saw today. MOO.

I keep asking my DH why the defense goes to such ridiculous, dishonest lengths like what they did today. I don't care that "everyone deserves a defense"--it doesn't mean that total dishonesty, lying, disparaging the prosecutor & judge and making every single objection in an exasperated, angry tone is a good thing.

Since today's performance was obviously a ploy, I have to think that at least some defense attorneys are little more than paid liars and sham artists. I really have no respect for that at all. It makes me sick.

I hope JVM interviews Darryl B. I would love to see him speak, and get a read on him...

Darryl Brewer is all they have and he can be effective in speaking for Jodi Arias. He's a former live-in boyfriend and he still cares about her even though she dumped him. He was with her for four years, he saw something in her, whether it was real or not, he believes it. If Nurmi didn't call him because he was having a tantrum, then IMO that really IS ineffective counsel. I can't see it making any difference to the outcome because I think this jury will go for the death penalty, but it's the DT's job to try to save her life!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member