Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please jury.....work together! If they give her life, it's out of their hands and into JSS's hands! Don't let that happen!

JSS may see something redeemable in that and give her LWP! NO, Jury don't let that happen!

Monsters like Arias DO NOT change. Please work harder and come together for the family of the VICTIM!

I watched that portion and juror#8 never said any such thing! He has been circumspect. These unfounded rumours are unforgivable.

Really .. so Dr Drew just reporting false information? I hope he gets a subpoena and has to go into court and explain himself and do a retraction because that's the kind of comment you just don't get wrong IMO.

assuming she gets LWOP, i really think any media outlet that interviews her should feel consumer pressure via boycotting their advertisers.....letters and petitions, saying: we don't want to hear from you ever again. you have had enough time in the spotlight. the ONLY thing you can say that might have value is to admit the "fog" is bogus and disclose where the murder weapons are. even then, immediately BACK INTO obscurity.

the pseudo-celeb interview reminds me of the movie natural born killers....and that sends the wrong message to anyone.... "kill with impunity, go from no-one to someone"

I would be alright with LWOP, but apparently that is not a given in AZ. This might be the sticking point for some jurors who don't necessarily want to impose a death sentence on Arias but want her to spend the rest of her natural life in prison. I would be skeptical about what JSS would do because I feel that she has been pro-defense in this case and would probably not give Jodi LWOP. :moo:

I don't know that she's pro defense but her lifting of the gag order on Jodi has me worried (very worried) that Judge Stephens would indeed grant her LWP after 25 years. I don't think it's an automatic that Judge Stephens would sentence her LWOP.

:twocents:

Here's what I just do NOT understand : NO ONE believed JA's "presentation" of LIES and BS yesterday ... her little show was ALL ABOUT HER !

She NEVER said she was SORRY ... NEVER said she was SORRY to Travis' Family ... and NO REMORSE whatsoever !

Good Grief ... it was like she was a "contestant" in a pageant !

YET this jury cannot seem to see through her BULL $LL$ and LIES with yesterday's "performance" ?

This jury did NOT buy her LIES before, so WHY all of a sudden would they buy it now ?

OMG -- I almost forgot that stoopid "Survivor" T-shirt ... what a JOKE !

I mean what was the jury watching yesterday ?

Oh -- and NOT ONE TEAR from JA's Family when she was up there giving her "presentation" ... NONE -- NADA -- ZIP !

Off rant ... I tell ya ... I just do NOT trust juries !!!

:please::please::please: Justice for Travis and his Family !

I agree with Curious In Indiana:

"If the jury is deadlocked this does NOT go to the judge. A new jury has to be impaneled for this phase. That is the law in Arizona. This will leave the family hanging forever and Jodi giving interviews for months."

:stormingmad:

Or the prosecutor can take death off the table and end it.

The Alexander family may disagree with that, I don't know. But I won't sit here in my nice, safe chair and tell a grieving family what is justice for them.

IMO

Justice is being held responsible for one's actions. Being convicted of 1st degree murder is the ultimate conviction one can obtain in this country. The DP is never a guarantee. Even if she were put on death row she would not be put to death for decades, if ever (likely never). So in the end it's still "life in prison," but with more restrictions if she's on death row.

Let's take a look at other heinous murderers who are spending life in prison with no parole:

- Diane Downs
- The Manson Family (DP commuted to LWOP in 1975)
- Jeffrey MacDonald
- Pamela Smart
- Jason Young
- Brad Cooper

Just to name a few.

How many interviews do you see them conduct? Not too many in total, some not at all. Are they queens/kings in their prisons? (yeah, right). Have any of them killed again? (answer: no). Is society protected? (yes). Is LWOP a harsh penalty? (I'd say it is).

I want what the family wants and it's my understanding that they want JA to get the Death Penalty, so I hope that's what she gets.

Seeing Samantha sobbing starting around the 5:20 mark and going through the jury leaving simply breaks my heart!

[video=youtube;bXvcrEx9T7Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXvcrEx9T7Y&noredirect=1[/video]

i don't know where this notion came from that 'liberal minded' people don't favor the DP. i'm as liberal as it gets----but i have ALWAYS believed in the DP. i think the punishment fits some crimes, and in fact, is far better punishment than they deserve.

it's like being put to sleep for surgery, for pete sake, which is actually very pleasant!

just don't assume all 'liberals' oppose the DP, because i assure you i'm not the only one who does.

Right on. I'm with you. I'm liberal and I'm for the DP when the situation calls for it. No problem there.

DEAR GOD NO! AZ has spent $2 Million dollars on this Killer so another jury will cost about 1/2 Million more. Then, Jodi can bask in the limelight of her supposed celebrity and Travis' family will be forced to endure another couple months with NO Justice.

The thought of a mistrial at this point is terrifying.

Not a mistrial, the verdict stands.

Cost about $100,000 and take about 2 weeks. Well worth it.

Imho there is no way Mr Martinez is going to do that, and I wouldn't want him to.
I totally agree with you .... trying not to panic but this is TOO MUCH!!!

Ugh.
She could even have a job.
0609_p54-perryville-call-center_398.jpg

l114235-1.jpg

Even join a writing group!
Women-prisoners-writing.jpg

And more singing competitions. No, no.

(Images from googling perryvilleprison)

I just don't get it. If the the murder one conviction is just lip service what is the point? Sorry, that just doesn't make sense to me. It was murder one and especially cruel. And the defendant has no remorse. In my opinion, victory is making sure this woman never has her freedom ever again.

I was just talking to my cousin about this. She brought something to my attention that I hadn't thought about...
It might not be that some of the jurors have sympathy for JA. They could just simply feel like she deserves to live with what she's done for the rest of her life. Maybe they think death is an easy way out.

I agree with you, LWOP will be pretty bad for her. the M1 verdict was the win win win for me.

I want DP, if however, JA gets LWOP, perhaps some of her fellow prisoners will enact their own DP. I am truly sickened.

I'm fine with LWOP and I think Travis would be too. Travis was a follower of Christ, despite his human nature and it's flaws, he loved the Lord and for the most part lived his life according to HIS Word. Yes, I think Travis would be just fine with JA getting LWOP.

Travis' family and friends have said otherwise when posed with the question as to what Travis would want. I don't think we should speak for Travis when we did not know him in life, unlike family and friends who did.

Boy, they didn't talk very long to decide they can't agree. This is a major surprise.

I agree.

Wonder what the split is and how many votes they have taken?

How many times will JSS send them back to try to reach a unanimous verdict?

I saw how shaken Travis's family was hearing this...maybe the jury did too and this might help figuring out that his family wants the DP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela