Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The jury did not need to see anything more than they did. EXTREME CRUELTY...they even agreed on it. That's all it takes. If that doesn't influence them to vote death then her new interviews and headstands won't make a difference...

July 18, 2013 new trial date.
travisalexanderfund.com
please donate if you can, the need will continue.
God bless you all.
Someone on the jury CLEARLY should not have been there, as they could not vote for death penalty, imo.

Regardless, she is a convicted murderer and will spend her life in prison.
Dear God, please watch over this family tonite!

Does anyone know if Nurmi and Wilmott will be JA attorneys or will new ones be appointed and/or a new judge?

Someone dump a bucket of water on JVM. She's creating hysteria.

CFja is convicted of M1. She still will get Life or DP.
I'm still thinking DP.
Penalty phase trial again sucks, but she's still not seeing daylight ever again.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using Tapatalk HD

whoa! juror public statement now? i'd be too ashamed to show my face.

They did NOTHING wrong. That is really unfair. We all loved this jury a few days ago... remember? Give them some credit.

If the jury didn't give her death it's going to be hard to get another jury to sentence her to the death penalty. She freaking LIED to them.

Via CBS: Jury will not comment on verdict. Alexander family will not comment on verdict.

Did Jodi's family at least tweet an instagram from the Grand Canyon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arias really looks ugly today. I hope if they EVER show her pix again, they show this ugly one. I think the evilness is seeping out though her face.

I don't ever want to see that look of RELIEF on Jodi's face again.
:stormingmad:
The smile on Willmott's face. :stormingmad:
Being congratulated be the advocate. :stormingmad:

I think it is perfectly exceptable to be angry and frustrated and peeved over the situation. People are allowed to feel that way. There is a family that is great pain who deserved a verdict and the right verdict. They did not deserve this and honestly it's just shocking that they are getting it.

So yes, I will judge the decision of whoever it was with mud on their heel, I will be upset and then I will cry for this family and I will not listen to one person who lectures us on why we should not berate, judge, or think badly about this jury. This is terrible. This is not right and while not all of that Jury obviously dug their heel but someone did and that is my upset. The decision of those who dug their heels.

I agree with you. This is a tragedy. And someone on that jury is responsible for it, they were in control of the situation, it did not happen all by itself. And, yes, we do have the right to feel however we feel, whether it's disappointed, sad, angry, betrayed... I'm personally all of those things, including :stormingmad:

I wonder if Willmott's smiling because in her eyes, she saved her client from death, so now she's "winning"; and, maybe she's thinking she can get off the case, so now she'll be "free".

Typically, I do not get angry over these things, can't remember ever being mad actually. But I am beyond mad with this result. I tend to believe you are correct, there was one juror with an agenda. I have to stop at this point...prayers for the Alexander family, as many as I can muster.

Stealth juror for sure

F#%%## Cowards!!!!! if they couldn't uphold the Law as was CLEARLY laid out, then don't swear that you can All the way!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I'm sure it's much easier when you're not standing in their shoes.

They did great. It's either life or death, all most there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's really sad. It ALMOST makes me feel sorry for her.

Nope - I guess not. She has done them in, throwing them, too, under the bus even in the DT closing statement. Karma, baby.

Gah, her family not being there could easily be a ploy to show 'lack of family support' in the next penalty phase.

I think Dr. DeMarte and her BPD+ diagnosis was the mitigating witness that turned the tide in at least one juror's mind.

I agree.

Also, I think it probably helped that JW reminded the jury of some of Travis's own awful words to Jodi (many deserved if taken in context, but the jury doesn't know about all the stalking, etc) and even though none bought domestic physical abuse, those words could be seen by some as verbal abuse (especially without the context we have). (Not saying I agree with this) But that also may have helped turned the tide a little as a far as mitigation.

This jury did the best they could. They sacrificed months of their lives and in the end could not agree on life or death. They deserve our respect. To those of you bashing them...shame on you! I'm sure that some of you will attack me for saying that. Feel free. It says more about you then it does about me.

I'm worried about steven. He looked sooooo angry!
Thank goodness he has a loving family. They all need each other thru this.
Imo

Can someone please post the link to donate to the family?

TYIA

Clancy was just on NG show, she asks that donations go to the TravisAlexanderFund.com to help this family cope.

The Judges voice was cracking, that is sad. She is exhausted, the Jury is exhausted, Mr Martinez...exhausted.

And the family is just got to be torn apart. I just hope they can be strong, what a tough fight for their brother but she is gone, she is CONVICTED.. 1st degree murder, premeditation and cruel... excellent.

The finish line is in sight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member