Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope the media give the Alexander family as much attention after this verdict as they have given the convicted murderess.

I do too, do you think they will want to talk about the media? That family has 100% touched my heart and it would be nice to have them drown out that vile specimen once and for all.

Anyone else think they had a verdict when they left yesterday....and, did the same "sleep on it" thing and will announce shortly after they arrive?

No. I hope I am wrong.

I think they will remain deadlocked and I am sick with worry over it.

I don't know much about Arizona law but it doesn't seem right to have to choose a new jury for just the penalty phase. If the jury is deadlocked it should go to the judge IMO. It just doesn't seem right to me.

Somebody on HLN.....didn't look up so don't know who said it....said if the judge gave the Allen charge to a jury who were not deadlocked....that would be an appeal issue. Makes no sense to me....

How do i sign up for the verdict alert that really didn't do me much good last time. but, i am tired and want to nap.

Hoping for a DP verdict today. If the verdict is Life though, I firmly believe that JSS will sentence CMJA to LWOP. She isn't pro defense. I went back and found a comment reply from AZLawyer in the verdict #2 thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt46 View Post

JSS cannot be trusted for one second! No doubt in my mind she would give the murderess LWP! She is pro-defense and most likely anti-death penalty. The jury has a real dilemma - none of them want JA to ever see the outside of a prison wall, but may not all agree on the DP. I''m sooooo worried!

AZLawyer response:

"Sherry Stephens was an AZ prosecutor for 20+ years. She is not pro-defense. Not a chance."

Back to me:

After all she's seen from Jodi, there is no way JSS would allow the option that Jodi be released back into society ever.

No. I hope I am wrong.

I think they will remain deadlocked and I am sick with worry over it.

I don't know much about Arizona law but it doesn't seem right to have to choose a new jury for just the penalty phase. If the jury is deadlocked it should go to the judge IMO. It just doesn't seem right to me.

if it goes to the judge it is automatically life with or life without parole. death penalty taken off the table completely.

I cant even imagine how a new jury could decide anything w/out hearing the entire trial all over again. there are so many factors as to why the present jury chose murder1. will the new jury even know all the factors and the months of trial information?

I think today is the day. I know people are up in arms about the supposed "deadlock" but I tend to think there was misunderstanding about that. To me it does not seem logical that they'd declare themselves "deadlocked" after just a few hrs. I think they might have been clarifying what to do in case.

This jury has worked hard and has "got it right" every time so far. I have faith that they will come back with the DP. No matter what Jodi will never be free, they've found her guilty of first degree murder. Life with Parole just isn't a realIstic outcome IMO. She will never walk out of jail again . I do hope for the Alexander's that the jury goes with the DP so Jodi won't subject them to anymore torment via interviews. But once this trials over the interest by the media will wane. She'll be forgotten but Travis never will be. Keep the faith! We're so close to the end.

Good Morning Peeps

I know today will be the day

They don't have court on Fridays & Monday is a Holiday

I believe the jury will bring it today for so the family does not have to wake until Tuesday

I also believe they will do all the interviews today-so they will have a quite weekend with their families & want to get back to their jobs & lives Tuesday

Today will be the day!!!

I admit I thought there would be a verdict in an hour. Then I said well, they want to all go home Monday night and sleep on it. Then last night I kinda gave up and today I am back on the TODAY bandwagon. I feel like I am jumping up and down on a trampoline!
Praying for the Alexander family!

Tuba, can you tell us anything about what may happen today ?

From ‘We the jury: Deciding the Scott Peterson Case’

“The autospy photos druing the penalty phase of deliberations were even more disturbing.”

During the penalty phase Sharon Rocha who quietly sat in the courtroom for most of the case, became the conscience of the trial. She shrieked at a man who had once called her “mom”. It was the primal scream. "She always wanted to be a mother; divorce was always an option,” she screamed at Peterson. “Murder is not.”“There was someone who knew all along and wouldn’t tell us,” Sharon glowered at Peterson. “Instead, you made us go through ever day.”“Laci had motion sickness very easily, and that’s the place you took her, the Bay. You knew she’d have motion sickness for all eternity,” Sharon sobbed...

Brent’s testimony was one of anger. He pointed at Scott and stated I trusted you..

How is it that Laci’s family was able to direct part of their statements at Scott Peterson but Travis' family was not allowed to do the same?

if it goes to the judge it is automatically life with or life without parole. death penalty taken off the table completely.

I cant even imagine how a new jury could decide anything w/out hearing the entire trial all over again. there are so many factors as to why the present jury chose murder1. will the new jury even know all the factors and the months of trial information?

Seriously? if a new jury cannot come to an agreement then it goes to the judge and then the DP is taken away as a sentence? None of that seems fair.

Maybe the same reporter who claimed to have the exact question written by the jury, would be able to slip them THIS little ditty.....

http://abcnewsradioonline.com/national-news/jodi-arias-feels-betrayed-by-jury.html

"All I know is that, if I were given freedom again, I would handle it very, very responsibly," Arias said. "If you're not abusing me and attacking me and threatening to kill my life, there's no reason to fear."

WOW!! Now THAT scares me!! If she claimed "abuse" by being called a *advertiser censored* or a 3HW, she obviously has a plan for "the next time".

Note to men EVERYWHERE if she ever gets out....lock the bathroom door at ALL times, and do NOT let her use your camera!!!

A year after the convicted murderer's arrest, Judge Sally Duncan made a ruling limiting the State to the aggravator of cruel, discarding heinous, depraved. There is now a weighing process going on inside the jury room and I'm thinking that limitation is unfortunate. The jury has already found the cruel aggravator proven but now the Defense comes forward with its eight "mitigators". These are not only insignificant, not one is a statutory mitigator but that is not the format Defense used to present them. There was a huge courtroom display, each mitigating suggestion explained by Nurmi with his heavy emphasis. Analyzed, these eight suggestions amounted to a pile of dust but did the showy presentation have a visual and auditory impact? What we would like to stack up against the "mitigators" are all legal aggravators, just for numeric value. Since State wasn't granted all aggravators, I would like to hear once again, Juan Martinez stress the inconsequential nature of Defense's eight mere suggestions and their empty hands without one statutory mitigator.

I am sending light and strength to the Alexander family to NEVER GIVE UP! Do not settle. Far better you be absent from the courtroom when another jury takes up the evidence of the butcher's handiwork.

The average person, weighing this heartless preening shell of a human being against the life lost of Travis Alexander, someone who unselfishly helped people (AND incidentally was the only one who believed in HER for a long time)... no contest.

And the average person, weighing the cruelty administered balanced against the kindness given...

Or the average person, weighing the scope and depth of the lack of support as represented by caring, crying parents and family struggling to control a headstrong, mean-spirited teenager and then an uncaring, distant adult,

Well, I trust the average person as represented in the peanut gallery, the howling mob, the moral majority, is instinctively repulsed by a person who applies the death penalty to a person who called her names, and then has the gall to fail to apologize because no one believes her anyway, and then offers her self as the victim instead of the perpetrator.

She is hard to get out of the spotlight and as hard to kill as a cockroach. And just as human.

:goodpost:

Morning Sleuthers!!!!!!!!
BF was watching JVM just a while ago.........kinda wished this was going on in mid June when the temps are around 115 and JVM was out there chasing down potential trial watchers....:floorlaugh:

Someone should seriously write a book "See Jane Run: the Do's and Don't's of Trial Correspondence". Of course it would have to have pictures, LOT'S of pictures!

"See Jane.
See Jane at the Courthouse.
Jane has a microphone.
Jane is a reporter.
Jane has a crew.
Jane has running shoes.
Jane likes to run.
Run, Jane, Run!"

Today will be a good day........NOT in a "Law of Attraction" kind of way, noooo......Today will be a GOOD day! Justice is coming.

You know the whole thing yesterday was just weird.

First the judge reads instructions that she forgot to read the previous day?
Then reporting is that the jury has a question.
So Judge states that jury cannot reach a unanimous decision and gives them the "dynamite" (Allen) charge to go back and apply it to their decision making process.
Reporting is that the jury was deadlocked after 2.5 hrs of deliberation
Then written information comes out from AZCentral and Maricopa County courts that the jury asked a question with IF they are not able to reach a unanimous decision, not made a statement they were deadlocked.
The above written information also states what juror asked the question (#18)
Finally, KCL reports yesterday on her thread that the info AZCentral reported was unusual because Media IS NOT privy to juror questions and there were strong suggestions of information being leaked.

Anyone who can add more please do. I personally found the whole thing upsetting. IF it ,is true they were just asking for clarification on how to submit (documentation) in the event they are unanimous, someone should be held accountable for putting the Alexanders through all that.

Hi everyone. I heard deliberations started at 9:30 and then read on another thread that they are beginning at 11 today? Does anyone know? TIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654