Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
did someone say cashews?? *runs to jar of cashew peanut butter for toast lol*

Dr. Drew had a juror on from the Petit case (mom, two daughters raped and killed, dad beaten up, house set on fire).

This juror said there were a couple of jurors who didn't want to give the DP.

She said the other jurors very respectfully and slowly brought them around to feel comfortable giving DP.

She said it took a long time to convince them but in the end all 12 were unanimous for DP.

I bet that's what's going on. We may not even hear today, it may be next week...but I really hope it's today, for the Alexanders' sake especially!

Wow, good to know! In that case, the DP was most definitely richly deserved imo.

Make it holy water just to be sure.

If she gets the DP and she ever does get the needle she is going to have to have her head cut off and buried it at the crossroads.

:floorlaugh:

Don't know if it's the piece of cake that I just scarfed down or what, but I feel downright goofy today....this really made me LOL.

I've read this is JSS first death penalty case. I'm curious as to how and why this judge was assigned such a high profile case.

just like anything else, they have to start somewhere...

Is it me or does anyone else have a very hard time understanding hnl from the court house?

:seeya: It's not you -- it's them !

JMO but they have reached an all time low in their reporting ... the :drama: and "sensationalism" has gone overboard ...

Wish they would just give the FACTS and leave out the :drama: ...

:moo:

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 2m
Steven, Chris and Sky just went into the side room. Steven had an empty fedex box for some reason. #JodiArias

From WAT :

3m Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

It's very noisy up here, hwhere is Mario the security guy!? Media members linger around the doors but still nothing happening. #JodiArias

1m Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

Steven, Chris and Sky just went into the side room. Steven had an empty fedex box for some reason. #JodiArias

Expand

Hey speaking of "cloven hooves" what was with her one foot; does she have deformed toes or something? That photo was just so weird. I'm really happy that the media outlets showed her in her black n white stripes, knowing she didn't want that...Diva. I cannot imagine her being such a Diva, like Casey A she truly thinks she is a star. Isn't it sickening?

As much as it pains me, I need to go do something around the house. My poor hubby, who has supported my obsession with this trial since January, looked downright pitiful this morning when he asked me, gently, "um.. sweetie... are you going to be able to get anything done today?"

Assuming the court will give everyone-- (me too!!) time to assemble when they reach a verdict.

Hang in there..

The thing about her interviews that I don't understand is...Don't they have a curfew in there? "Lights out" time? Why were they allowed to go on so late?

Think of all the x-tra staff and security and exceptions that would require. I understand the whole 1rst ammendment rights thing but it seems like many exceptions were made in order to allow her to do all of those interviews.

moo

I've read this is JSS first death penalty case. I'm curious as to how and why this judge was assigned such a high profile case.

I believe judges are assigned in rotation or something random like that? And she has to start somewhere, right?

Chris Williams ‏@chriswnews 3m
#TravisAlexander friends Chris & Sky Hughes just walked to victim's advocate room. #JodiArias

The thing that always confuses me with people being empathetic to people like Jodi--as Dr. D was the other day. She may have human flesh, a heart beat and require air to breath but she is not human. She is a shell, and only that. The jury isn't killing a soul, or a heart capable of emotion or love. They are sentencing to death a body with the capacity to emotionally/psychologically/physically damage a real, living, breathing feeling being. The only feeling I have for Jodi, is the unfortunate burden of being born that evil just by simply existing. But even that is just recognizing that sad fact--which Travis and his family paid for. My empathy is for her victims, past, present, and future. I do not understand psychopathy because I am not one, but there is just an evil inside of her, none of us will ever grasp. And the only appropriate sentence is to take that kind of evil and to end it's exsistence.

:goodpost:

Maybe same judge who inadvertently "forgot" to send a VERY important part of the jury instructions with the jurors as they left for deliberations, but realized her mistake a day later??!!!

The pressure of this case seems to be getting to everyone involved!

I am still not clear on whether the instructions weren't in their packet. Are we sure they weren't in the packet, but the judge didn't read them?

Notice her posturing facial expressions and body positioning, she moves to face Ryan head on.....

I took it as a direct threat to him and anyone who dares to cross her

Right! and then that creepy smile when she says hater like she's seething underneath it...GROSS.

i wonder what's transpired between JA and the mormon church? someone posted a quote from an interview and it sounded like she's no longer religious.....she's now 'spiritual.' hmmmmm.....

i thought she claimed to be a mormon.

It's no longer required to achieve a goal in her life.

Caller on HLN saying JW might have gotten some of the jurors with her act of putting arms on Jodi and saying "Can YOU kill this person?' He made a very good point, that in effect JW made them think they're the executioners, when actually they're just putting her in line for the death penalty.

Hopefully the jurors WILL REMEMBER THAT JW WAS ALSO TELLING THEM NOT TO GIVE JODI ANY PUNISHMENT WHATSOEVER. So I wouldn't hold that comment for anything, if I was on the jury. If JW could have her way, Jodi would be walking around a free woman with the rest of us, wreaking complete havoc. Think of what she is able to do from jail, and what she could do out of jail.....aggghhhH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So hopefull hopefully the jury will realize this about JW and her little speech.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BEllis9801