Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm concerned Jodi will get life and at some point down the road somehow become eligible for parole, State laws are known to change.

(BBM)
I'm concerned about that, too, and I believe this remote possibility of parole played a big part in hanging this jury. It would have been so much less difficult to get a unanimous LWOP verdict, IMO. I can't breathe. :anguish:

I agree. I'm not upset with the entire jury. I'm just afraid that some (one or more) bought into her domestic violence lie somewhat. A death penalty would have sent a clear message that no one believed it. As someone currently in a true DV situation that I cannot escape, I am livid. :stormingmad:

SunniTX; Please believe me, you can escape. There is help out there. I've been there, and I was very young and had no one to turn to, but I made it.

Don't be upset at this jury, we don't know what their reasoning is. Also, JA is still convicted, that will not change, only up in the air on her sentence. She will stay in jail no matter what.

You can't be mad at the idea of "Jodi winning" because she constantly changes what that means to defend her ego, her narcissism. Before, she couldn't be arrested which became, the prosecutor would have to take a deal, which also earlier was no jury would ever convict me, which became, no jury would ever convict me of murder one. Hours before the verdict she and her supporters were insisting that anything less than a mistrial, not guilty, or manslaughter would be a total loss and they believed anything else was IMPOSSIBLE. Now "Jodi won?" Don't get me wrong, I loathe her cocky attitude in the face of what she did. But she didn't think it would even go this far and is now forced to "celebrate" a hung jury on a possible DP sentencing. Yeah, she sure showed everyone didn't she?

She's won , she's back to her pod, and her cronies, instead of the big pen. Probably even interviews. All dolled up, a celebrity, with hope. She should be on a bus to the prison and that teeny tiny cell, left to rot. No hope for any kind of freedom, not even one day. Makes me sick. She's a cheater.

She's going to prison eventually.

you might want to check on the donation issue- there are several addreses and none are 503 donation registrations-I verified Monday after sending $50.

She found out her family wouldn't be there when the verdict (or what turned out to be the non-verdict) was announced because they were off sight-seeing at the Grand Canyon.

I'm tempted to say the family is weird and it's a shame anybody would go sightseeing when a jury could hand down a death setence for your child or sibling at any minute, but really, I just think this family is OVER Jodi.

I really can't imagine Jodi caring where her family is.

How would you guys feel if Juan would offer a plea…judge give LWOP if he drops the DP?

I'm thinking this would give some relief to Travis' family. They shouldn't have to live in limbo until July then go thru this again. Plus, AZ taxpayers wouldn't have to foot the extra expense.

We already know LWOP won't be what Jodi thinks it will be. I mean…ROACHES in the cells?

I know I could be good with this. :twocents:

Since the murderer thinks that life in prison = her life in the county jail, I'm perfectly happy with the rude awakening she'll get. She'll be in max security and alone anyways... at least in the beginning! I'm just happy she was found guilty. She'll never be paroled. The parole board would NEVER release her.

If the jury didn't give her death it's going to be hard to get another jury to sentence her to the death penalty. She freaking LIED to them.

Via CBS: Jury will not comment on verdict. Alexander family will not comment on verdict.

So, how many of us are now volunteering to be on jury duty for the NEW penalty phase?

:) . . . . . :) . . . . . :) . . . . . :)

I heard on my way home. :( I just got here and logged on!

I'm really proud of the jury. I appreciate their diligence for the last 5 months! They did the hard part! They sat there for 5 MONTHS and listened to evidence. They reached the most important verdict of ALL... GUILTY of first degree murder, premeditated. The rest will fall in to place. She will still spend her life in prison. I don't think she'll ever be paroled.

I appreciate that each juror was heard and respected, and that nobody felt bullied into changing their position. I appreciate that the people who voted death didn't just vote down to life, in order to bring the trial to a conclusion. Just be thankful we don't have a Casey Anthony jury that acquitted her even though they knew they shouldn't have.

We all have our convictions and if someone doesn't feel the murderer deserved death, that doesn't mean they don't believe in the DP or wouldn't have given it to another criminal. I choose to be thankful for our jury that delivered the GUILTY verdict and gave Travis his first round of justice, instead of just claiming that there must have been someone who refused to deliberate and/or would never apply the DP.

Thank you! Great post!

NO juror presser. makes more sense considering what they've just done. hope they have the night they deserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966