Penn State Sandusky scandal: AD arrested, Paterno, Spanier fired; coverup charged #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone mention how soon it will be before the date for his trial is set? TIA

Amendola stated in this article that he believes the trial will be moved to Philadelphia.
http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...-Private-Investigator-Attorney-134623048.html
I don't know if that is Amendola's wishful thinking or if he believes this for a specific reason. Clearly it won't stay in Centre County, but it could be moved into one of Pennsylvania's many other rural counties.

Honestly, the longer I review the circumstances of the "naked showering" the more ludicrous it becomes. I know I am not extremely prudish...but my own daughter has never seen me naked. Good Lord...why would a person seeing this man in the shower with a young boy not call 911 immediately. I firmly believe that everyone and anyone who saw it, knew about it and did nothing should be up for charges. This is beyond the pale. Jerry needs to be in jail.

For accuracy, I must state that my children have seen me in very teeny bikini's.

Did anyone mention how soon it will be before the date for his trial is set? TIA

Amendola stated in this article that he believes the trial will be moved to Philadelphia.
http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...-Private-Investigator-Attorney-134623048.html
I don't know if that is Amendola's wishful thinking or if he believes this for a specific reason. Clearly it won't stay in Centre County, but it could be moved into one of Pennsylvania's many other rural counties.

Bring it here to Lancaster!!!

Oh Emm Gee!!!!!!! Really? I mean, c'mon......

Wow just wow.

HLN is covering this and they just showed a clip from Amendola outside the courthouse this morning.

I swear - Amendola actually said "but I'm just a poor, country lawyer..." :eek: :waitasec:

Really?

I didn't even hear the question - didn't need to. A poor, country lawyer? Yea, right. Who just happened to get GWB as a client?

Just makes me wanna :puke:

JMHO

Philadelphia is almost a four hour drive from State College. Traveling to Philadelphia and waiting for a day or so in a hotel for their turn to testify will make testifying against Sandusky even more unpleasant for the victims. It will become problematic for the prosecution to manage all the victims if the trial is long and hours away from the victims’ residences. :(

If it is a Philadelphia jury, we'll skin Sandusky alive.

A crowd in North Philadelphia saw a man suspected in a child rape, "restrained" him, using a board at one point, and turned him over to the police.

Oh Emm Gee!!!!!!! Really? I mean, c'mon......

Wow just wow.

HLN is covering this and they just showed a clip from Amendola outside the courthouse this morning.

I swear - Amendola actually said "but I'm just a poor, country lawyer..." :eek: :waitasec:

Really?

I didn't even hear the question - didn't need to. A poor, country lawyer? Yea, right. Who just happened to get GWB as a client?

Just makes me wanna :puke:

JMHO

And who went to Georgetown Law School. :waitasec:

SPORTSbyBROOKS SPORTSbyBROOKS
Is there a DIFFERENCE between publicly standing behind friend AND calling friend's accusers, repeatedly in the media, 'liars out for money'?
7 minutes ago

2 Questions 1.) Whats is the predicted time line for this trial to begin and 2.) Will it be televised?

Sandusky paused outside the courthouse to say, "We fully intend to put together the best possible defense that we can do, to stay the course, to fight for four quarters... We want the opportunity to present our side."

This man is delusional, he still thinks this is a game.

I think that's Jerry trying to be clever. He doesn't need to hear the victims testify. He knows what he did and I'm sure he has recorded or can recall each and every incident.

I think I'm going to barf.
just my O

EXCLUSIVE: Denied job after background check, Jerry Sandusky still coached at Juniata
HUNTINGDON, Pa. -- Jerry Sandusky continued to coach football at Juniata College despite being denied an official coaching position there, CBS 21 News Sports Director Jason Bristol has learned.

Two Juniata College football players tell CBS 21 News that Sandusky was actively involved with the Eagles program in 2010, even though his volunteer coaching application was rejected because a background check revealed he was being investigated at a Clinton County High School.

"I hear people saying, 'I'm glad the school did the right thing; not having (Sandusky) around my son,'" said one player. "He was around your son...very much so. He was around your son the entire football season."
---
the rest at whptv.com link above

Honestly, the longer I review the circumstances of the "naked showering" the more ludicrous it becomes. I know I am not extremely prudish...but my own daughter has never seen me naked. Good Lord...why would a person seeing this man in the shower with a young boy not call 911 immediately. I firmly believe that everyone and anyone who saw it, knew about it and did nothing should be up for charges. This is beyond the pale. Jerry needs to be in jail.

For accuracy, I must state that my children have seen me in very teeny bikini's.

Once again, Stilettos, you pose a question we can all gnaw on. Why would someone who saw Jerry shower with a youngster not tell? Well, my answer would be that they wanted to keep their job, if they worked with the University. It seems to me that Jerry has continued this behavior with children for years. The only reason that could happen is because everyone turned a blind eye or were told by high ups to "Shut up." And, high ups were trying to protect themselves for not turning him it all those years. It's like a fungus that stinks and kept growing. As bad as what Jerry did, those who would not step forward and raise hell loudly and often are just as guilty.

just my O

Bring it here to Lancaster!!!

West Chester! That Amendola is the Jose Baez of Pennsylvania. HLN says he talked to reporters for 3 hours in Bellefonte today. I wouldn't put it past him to have waived at the last minute knowing he would have all the media there to try and sway public opinion.

And comparing this to the 86 Miami Bowl game (which I remember very well since I was at PSU at the time)? Unbelievable. I was so disappointed this morning..had my twitter all ready, waiting to hear McQueary's testimony.:furious:

2 Questions 1.) Whats is the predicted time line for this trial to begin and 2.) Will it be televised?

Not sure of the time line for the trial...but PA does not allow camera's in the court room...

I read today late summer/early fall. And no cameras but the reporters were all set to tweet today so that's the best bet.

Philadelphia is almost a four hour drive from State College. Traveling to Philadelphia and waiting for a day or so in a hotel for their turn to testify will make testifying against Sandusky even more unpleasant for the victims. It will become problematic for the prosecution to manage all the victims if the trial is long and hours away from the victims’ residences. :(

Philadelphia will already have the Archdiocese sex abuse trial this spring/summer. The monsignor from my parish is one of the defendants for covering up the abuse. Two big sex abuse trials would be a lot!

Juniata College's current athletic director is Greg Curley

A native of State College, Pa., comes from a family well-rooted in central Pennsylvania and collegiate athletics. His father, Stephen, is the University Budget Officer at Penn State, and his uncle, Tim, is Penn State's director of intercollegiate athletics. Greg's brother, Kevin, is currently the head men's basketball coach at McDaniel College. His wife, Jen Frazier Curley, hails from Huntingdon and is the daughter of former Juniata men's basketball standout Pat Frazier '63.

http://landmarkconference.org/information/Conference_news/JUN_ADCurley_5_17_11

Just another example of how insular that area is.

I think Sandusky and his legal team figured the victim testimony would really hurt the case.

I really wonder if there is going to be a plea deal. I don't think Sandusky wants the world to hear what he did straight from the vics.

That's it to me, he was skeared for the world and Dottie to hear all the gross crimes he committed with these victims and chickened out. Poor ol country lawyer also realized he'd taken it to the brink and has nowhere left to go for JS without getting his bail revoked.

I've read all the way through and so thankful for all the posts that told the story of today...after all that buildup was so aggravated I couldn't be here this AM.

Somebody mentioned about them being afraid of additional charges and I agree. After all the testimony, the judge was very liable to add more charges, increase or revoke his bond, and send him to jail and a trial. They chose the only way to avoid that and to hang on to what is left of Dottie's public support, which she could NOT continue after hearing the witnesses.

They can talk about fighting all they want but both are big ol COWARDS!

I hope the prosecutors do not accept a plea deal and will let the victims still have a chance to tell their experiences at the hands of this ***** (fill in the blank) loud and strong like I feel they still want to do and deserve to do, so there is no doubt in anyone's mind what happened.

JS and JA will still try to avoid a trial but please don't let them be successful. All the ones who are in doubt or still backing JS need to know what he really is.

Just like the college that still let him 'informally' coach, he is still able to fool some people and he won't stop until he is in a cell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briankap