People Magazine

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it is a brilliant strategy. But no one talks about the elephant in the room - the money. Someone (mom or a professional?) is managing Jaycee's coming out to maximize profit.

For example, when I, or any company, want to "thank the public", it is with a nationwide newpaper spread - not by selling something the rags want as thanks.

This said, Jaycee deserves all the money she can collect. I'm just skeptical about the truth of the intentions. I'm not so sure Jaycee cares about thanking us more than the money made doing so.

You can be sure her managers will not "cross the ethics line" and allow the children to be used in the stategy.

its not really the elephant in the room. we all know they got money for this. good for her.....she is gonna need it. and obviously she didnt allow her kids faces to be shown.

I get crazed at that kind of thinking...They were already used.

I do not think they will ever be able to afford the heling needed if they dont take mony.
It is about survival - how can they get all the therapy required for this much damage?
without taking money.
I wish people would leave that topic alone. because they are not talking money to run around a splurge on a big life.
Just to heal so that they can live.

I personally think they should get far more money then a new baby announcement renders to the movie stars who already have money.
WHY on earth would anyone be so jelouse of them getting money that will help them cope, heal, live.
What else can they do????

im not getting why negatvivity has to be introduced into every thread, especially happy ones like this.

Im REALLY sure that JC isnt thinking about money at this time. Someone who has been thru this is living day to day im sure. But it does seem like someone has come in to help think this whole process out, which is good , hopefully they plan her recovery just as well. :cool:

Im REALLY sure that JC isnt thinking about money at this time. Someone who has been thru this is living day to day im sure. But it does seem like someone has come in to help think this whole process out, which is good , hopefully they plan her recovery just as well. :cool:

and im sure jaycee really does appreciate our love and support.

well brunettes just got one real smart addition lol
jaycee before you ask ;)
So, you finally admit "dark blonde" is not the new brunette???:waitasec:

[ame]http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/crime/2009/10/15/todd.dugard.age.progression.cnn[/ame]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*NOTE: Much more excellent info on this subject at link!

Jaycee Dugard Looks Like the Image Forensic Artists Created to Help Find Her
Hundreds of Missing Children Found Using Age-Progression Images
Oct. 15, 2009
<snipped>
The NCMEC has been creating digital age-progressions of missing children since 1989, because, Allen said, "the public has a hard time imagining what a two-year-old might look like at six or eight years old and these images help the public recognize and identify missing children who have gotten older."

The NCMEC updates age-progression images every two years for children under 18 years old and every five years for adults older than 18. Though the center previously used specially designed software, today forensic artists at the center typically use the popular photo-effects software Adobe Photoshop.

WATCH: Life After Captivity
http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=8832465

Article:
http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/Ah...found-age-progression-images/story?id=8830185
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
First Photo Released of Jaycee Dugard as an Adult
Thursday, October 15, 2009
<snipped>
Dugard is shown smiling directly at the camera on the magazine cover and her long, wavy brown hair is darker than the blond hair she had as a child. However the resemblence to pictures taken of the girl before her kidnapping is clear.

Family Spokeswoman Erika Shulte told NBC television on Wednesday that Dugard, her two daughters, mother and sister are close, comfortable and happy and says they "seem like any other family."

Video: Brave Smile 2:25
People magazine publishes first photo of Jaycee Dugard since kidnapping
http://www.foxnews.com/video/index....alObject=10664548&referralPlaylistId=playlist

PHOTOS: Missing Girl Found 18 Years Later
http://www.foxnews.com/slideshow/us/2009/08/27/missing-girl-years-later

Full coverage on Jaycee Dugard:
http://www.foxnews.com/topics/jaycee-dugard.htm

Article:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,565820,00.html?sPage=fnc/us/crime

:angel:

needed to stop at the store today.
looked at the people racks in the aisles.........every single one was empty
this left several possibilites. all but one being bad.
1) they switched from last weeks but dont have this weeks yet.
2) they dont have this weeks and might not get it.
3) they already put this weeks up and sold out. (yikes!)
4) they are about to put up this weeks but havent yet.
and the winner is........................4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
what an awesome bunch of photos! and yeah shayna towers over both terry and jaycee. ( i guess she gets that from carl0

needed to stop at the store today.
looked at the people racks in the aisles.........every single one was empty
this left several possibilites. all but one being bad.
1) they switched from last weeks but dont have this weeks yet.
2) they dont have this weeks and might not get it.
3) they already put this weeks up and sold out. (yikes!)
4) they are about to put up this weeks but havent yet.
and the winner is........................4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
what an awesome bunch of photos! and yeah shayna towers over both terry and jaycee. ( i guess she gets that from carl0
Oh! I wanna see, I wanna see!
I'm on my way to your house to read your mag!
If I jump in the car and leave now, I figure I'll be there in about... 5 days.
Never mind.

Oh! I wanna see, I wanna see!
I'm on my way to your house to read your mag!
If I jump in the car and leave now, I figure I'll be there in about... 5 days.
Never mind.

lol
southern california to central massachusetts commute can be a pain ;0)
i suggest you all, if you have the chance, check out your local stores today. they might be in already.

This is very interesting how close they got with these two case with their artists renderings! As an artists myself I find this type of art work amazing. This is something I want to try to experiment on my own doing. :yes:

This image of Sara Eghbal-Brin shows the girl when she went missing at age 3 in France, left. The center image shows a composite of what forensic artists believed she might look like at age 7. The photo at right shows the girl at age 8 after she was recovered.
ht_sarah_eghbal_brinn_091014_main.jpg

Aric Austin went missing in 1981 just shy of being two months old, left. The NCMEC created an age-progression composite of what he might look like in his late teens or early 20s, center. A federal investigator recognized Austin and reunited him with his mother when he was 22.
ht_aric_091014_main.jpg

I checked, still not where I live.
Of course, I live at the top of the middle of nowhere (but the view is spectacular!).
I know patience is a virtue, but virtues just aren't my strong point.
I want to read it now.
I used to have a subscription to PEOPLE magazine.
Of course, now that I really NEED it.....

lol
southern california to central massachusetts commute can be a pain ;0)
i suggest you all, if you have the chance, check out your local stores today. they might be in already.
Thanks, I'll do that! I didn't hit the market yesterday, have to go today or we don't have dinner, but I'll probably also be going tomorrow for the other things I need to make.

I checked, still not where I live.
Of course, I live at the top of the middle of nowhere (but the view is spectacular!).
I know patience is a virtue, but virtues just aren't my strong point.
I want to read it now.
I used to have a subscription to PEOPLE magazine.
Of course, now that I really NEED it.....

loll. im persistant till i get what i want. if it didnt come in today i'd be there first thing friday ;)

This is very interesting how close they got with these two case with their artists renderings! As an artists myself I find this type of art work amazing. This is something I want to try to experiment on my own doing. :yes:

This image of Sara Eghbal-Brin shows the girl when she went missing at age 3 in France, left. The center image shows a composite of what forensic artists believed she might look like at age 7. The photo at right shows the girl at age 8 after she was recovered.
ht_sarah_eghbal_brinn_091014_main.jpg

Aric Austin went missing in 1981 just shy of being two months old, left. The NCMEC created an age-progression composite of what he might look like in his late teens or early 20s, center. A federal investigator recognized Austin and reunited him with his mother when he was 22.
ht_aric_091014_main.jpg

Wow! That IS amazing! Both of them, really, but especially the progression from infant to young adult!

Do you feel it is more of an art, as opposed to a science?
Or, is it a combination of both?
I'm wondering if there is mathematics and measuring involved, similar to the designing of blueprints?

Thanks, I'll do that! I didn't hit the market yesterday, have to go today or we don't have dinner, but I'll probably also be going tomorrow for the other things I need to make.

once again sorry about the ittle boy's dad :(

Wow! That IS amazing! Both of them, really, but especially the progression from infant to young adult!

Do you feel it is more of an art, as opposed to a science?
Or, is it a combination of both?
I'm wondering if there is mathematics and measuring involved, similar to the designing of blueprints?

the progressions really are quite amazing.
and here's two more cases and reasons why families never give up hope :)

once again sorry about the ittle boy's dad :(
Thanks, he seems to be holding up well, he's back in school. Not sure if it's denial, not getting it- he's only 6, or that he's had almost a year to adjust to his dad being sick...

It's supposed to come out Friday. Is it Friday where you live? I think I live near you and it's Thursday here.

still thursday here.
some people had it yesterday

Yes it is a brilliant strategy. But no one talks about the elephant in the room - the money. Someone (mom or a professional?) is managing Jaycee's coming out to maximize profit.

For example, when I, or any company, want to "thank the public", it is with a nationwide newpaper spread - not by selling something the rags want as thanks.

This said, Jaycee deserves all the money she can collect. I'm just skeptical about the truth of the intentions. I'm not so sure Jaycee cares about thanking us more than the money made doing so.

You can be sure her managers will not "cross the ethics line" and allow the children to be used in the stategy.

I think that Jaycee's public unveiling was orchestrated to maximize her recovery. She wishes to protect her minor children, who are also victims and they probably would like something that resembles a normal life once this dies down. I can fully understand the strategy.
Yes, she got paid for it. As well she should have. Jaycee has to take back control of her life. This is one of the best ways to go about that. It was reaching a breaking point, go public or go paparazzi, but the story was going to go, and soon. She kept her control, she managed the situation.
I'm sure that the need was seen for the story to break in a reputable publication, so that was done. And I'm sure that money is a concern, as the sheer amount of bills that will pile up from therapy alone is staggering. For some of these victims, there is the possibility of a civil suit down the line, but I don't see Jaycee going for that.
She is no longer a child, she is a woman that has been through a horrible prolonged ordeal. During that ordeal, she remained mentally sound, educated, socialized, polite, intelligent, and fully capable. I have no doubt that if she didn't approve of the money offered, or if she didn't feel that she was fully ready, she wouldn't have appeared.
The reasons behind this were not only to thank the public, that was one reason and it was the one given. The others, like the fact that she needs control to heal, have no need to be given.
In essence, People didn't use Jaycee, Jaycee used us to further her recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member