Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Van der Sloot was taken to the maximum-security Castro Castro prison where, for his own protection, he will have his own cell in a small block near the prison director's office, said prisons spokesman Bruno Guzman.

The only other two prisoners on the block are a reputed Colombian hit man charged with murdering a Peruvian businesswoman and a provincial mayor charged with laundering drug money

It was not yet known when the trial might begin. A judge must first be assigned to hear the case.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5ivjZZz2WTj-nJ_lNzCNyFmuADWDwD9G97T301

so he is in a cell with a "reported Columbian hit man."

wow...just wow. and the only way this is headed for him is down.:furious:

he HAS to know it by now. all this hand wringing about his potentially walking out in a couple of years, and how light is sentence COULD be is, imo, based on what we have come to expect in the American judicial system,

but JVDS is in Peru, not Aruba, not America.

:furious:

I don't get it. Why would he fake getting locked out of the room?

If I'm remembering right it might be called humanity - something I'm thankful still exists, at least to some extent, in the United States.

Even prisoners have 'rights' in the US. We shouldn't assume that humane treatment is present in other countries. Joran broke a few of Peru's worst crimes, robbery being the biggest one apparently, then murder, and he might even catch a drug charge, if he had drugs on him when he was caught. Who knows?

jmo

abbie

If I'm remembering right it might be called humanity - something I'm thankful still exists, at least to some extent, in the United States.

Thank you ..I can not applaud the hopes of torture and rape for him. To me this is a criminal mind its exactly how criminals think, you did something wrong so I have the right to do with you what I want. Actually it is exactly what Joran thought apparently. I will hope for the longest sentence allowed for the crime committed.

I don't get it. Why would he fake getting locked out of the room?

Try this:

I went and got coffee and pastry, when I returned, she would not open the door. Trying to say she was alive then?

Thank you ..I can not applaud the hopes of torture and rape for him. To me this is a criminal mind its exactly how criminals think, you did something wrong so I have the right to do with you what I want. Actually it is exactly what Joran thought apparently. I will hope for the longest sentence allowed for the crime committed.
I hope he isn't tortured. I would feel bad if he was but that is the difference between him and us. He has been torturing BH for years without a care in the world.

You are a better person than me. IMO Joran gave up any right to decent treatment when he brutally murdered at least 2 people that we know of & also when he continues to torture Natalee's mother. He is not a human...........he is a monster.

I agree. I do feel bad for his mother though. I couldn't imagine watching my son going into that place.

If she had allowed him to go to a prison in Aruba he might not be going to a prison in Peru right now. I am not bashing her. My heart hurts for her as well. However, enabling a narcissistic psychopath is like planting kudzu in a cow pasture. You are just fertilizing the evil weed!

I certainly don't want him tortured and killed, either. Or even raped. All I wish for him is a long prison sentence, and for him to feel the loss of freedom and everything else that goes along with being detained. I do hope the food is bad, though. I am glad he's off the streets of this planet and unable to murder anyone else. I certainly think he should be locked up for life, if not a life sentence in Peru, then a sentence for extortion immediately following his release from Peru's prison, and possibly a sentence for murdering Natalee, if her remains are ever recovered. Its good, IMO, he won't have the cushy lifestyle afforded to American prisoners, TV's, and other priviledges, in Peru. At last I hope not. JMO

abbie

I certainly don't want him tortured and killed, either. Or even raped. All I wish for him is a long prison sentence, and for him to feel the loss of freedom and everything else that goes along with being detained. I do hope the food is bad, though. I am glad he's off the streets of this planet and unable to murder anyone else. I certainly think he should be locked up for life, if not a life sentence in Peru, then a sentence for extortion immediately following his release from Peru's prison, and possibly a sentence for murdering Natalee, if her remains are ever recovered. Its good, IMO, he won't have the cushy lifestyle afforded to American prisoners, TV's, and other priviledges, in Peru. At last I hope not. JMO

abbie

Totally agree....

Is there any article that quoted exact time (Peru time) that he was 'charged'? - I gave up at about 5 a.m. Peru time (had to get some sleep). I was sort of getting an impression that they would transfer him prior to sunrise (fewer crowds etc) and easier for security in transfer. I sensed there would be kind of a news blackout too for security reasons. A

Is there any article that quoted exact time (Peru time) that he was 'charged'? - I gave up at about 5 a.m. Peru time (had to get some sleep). I was sort of getting an impression that they would transfer him prior to sunrise (fewer crowds etc) and easier for security in transfer. I sensed there would be kind of a news blackout too for security reasons. A

I only recall reading that he was charged in the 'pre-dawn hours'...so, you should have waited up just a little bit longer...LOL!!

Also, let me commend you on your excellent web finds over the last few days!!

He is so trying to get sent back to Aruba here onto the safety and protection of home soil. Not going to happen, if he wants to direct them he can use a map!

I think you are exactly right and I wouldnt dismiss it! Joran is pulling
the 'colonialist slide' trick; me better than you, Holloway murder takes precidence over some Peruvian girl, 'get me the F___ out of here! HELP!
The Indians have me! The Pesantes-mestisos have me!

I am really concerned about international politics in this whole affair.

His next card may be: I sell women into prostitution and have lots of
info .... take me to Paris to the world court and I will tell all, which trumps anything these Peruvian mestisos are doing! I'm importante'!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse