Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Suzihawk ... in your post #582 you mentioned finding a translation from the infamous Pauw en Witteman (Dutch) television show in which Joran threw the glass of wine in Peter de Vries' face. Is there a link to that translation? I have searched high and low for an English transcript of that inteview to no avail. TIA!!!

btw ... thanks for the excerpt in your post.

Suzihawk ... in your post #582 you mentioned finding a translation from the infamous Pauw en Witteman (Dutch) television show in which Joran threw the glass of wine in Peter de Vries' face. Is there a link to that translation? I have searched high and low for an English transcript of that inteview to no avail. TIA!!!

btw ... thanks for the excerpt in your post.

Sure. Here's a link to a site that Lola so kindly provided. Go to the bottom of the page and click on 'Reference'. Then click on 'Media Transcripts & Articles'. It's under the heading of 'Media Transcipts (Joran)' - 4th down.

http://www.hollowaycase.com/

Sure. Here's a link to a site that Lola so kindly provided. Go to the bottom of the page and click on 'Reference'. Then click on 'Media Transcripts & Articles'. It's under the heading of 'Media Transcipts (Joran)' - 4th down.

http://www.hollowaycase.com/

Thanks so much Suzihawk ... to you and Lola both!!!

Know what? I put Stephany Flores' name in wikipedia.com hoping to find more information/background about her and the search took me to JVDS's info page. I'm so sick of seeing his mug everywhere. I know this is a developing current event ... but, if Wikipedia can update Joran's page ... WHY CAN'T THEY GIVE STEPHANY HER OWN SPACE APART FROM THAT CREEP?!? IMO ... it's an outrage!!!

LookingUp: You yourself could start a Wikipedia entry for Stephany.

Here's how: [ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:About[/ame]

and

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Getting_started[/ame]

It sounds like Anita and Paulus didn't want to deal with his disturbing behavior by sending him away OR maybe they were tired of his manipulation, lies and abuse to this family so they could only feel safe by sending him out on his own away from Aruba and the family.

It's possible. I think it could have been a fresh start on life they offered him by sending him to relatives in Nl and University. He soon found his own level again and continued to milk the Aruba case for easy dollars and it came very easy, alot of easy money. All his failures were blamed on Peter deVries and Beth though. Then on to Thailand where once again Joran couldn't stay away from crime. His having to leave the University being blamed on others, when he himself found elements to extract money from people in a criminal way. He was young, and I do believe he was given good advice and had he followed that advice he could have been on top, but that is hard work and for Joran it always seemed he needed quick and easy fixes.

While I felt admonished as to how I should think about lawyers, prosecutors, guilt, etc in reference to the American system, this trial of Joran's will be in Peru under the Peruvian system so I failed to see the reasoning discussing the american system.
Peru doesn't use the reasonable doubt standard which might be swayed by defense theatrics. A three-judge panel decides guilt on the basis of a preponderance of the evidence. That's the bottom line in Peru.

As parents we do our best to teach morals and virtue, right and wrong, to our children. Children grow up and make choices, some choices we don't agree with, some we do. cannot blame the mother by the child choices in life, she might have tried her best and he failed to follow advice. There comes an age and time for us all to be responsible for our actions. I don't think Anita is a bad mother, she just has a bad son, it happens to many people.
He is what I would call evil, and I have no doubt he will pay a price for his deeds. Furthermore I believe in karma, so he is in the right place, at the right time to pay the piper.

Take this with a grain of salt since I'm not sure how factual this report is, dated July 9:

"Joran van der Sloot is at it again, and this time he has 3 defense attorneys to stand behind him.

Joran van der Sloot's defense team arrived in Lima on Friday, and they have already began new tactics to get Joran van der Sloot free until his trial date. However, that could be highly unlikely in Van der sloot's case.

According to the Caylee Daily, lawyers for Van der Sloot are planning to argue that there was a third person in the room the night 21-year-old business student, Stephany Flores was murdered."

http://www.associatedcontent.com/ar...n_der_sloots_defense_team_pulling.html?cat=47

First of all, no other media has mentioned the arrival of the 2 additional lawyers on Friday and this article does not mention their names. We know Tacopina is not one of them.

Second, how can they possibly state a third person was in the room? :furious: Wouldn't the hotel video tapes disprove that? I'm sure the hotel has round the clock videos for each day. And, even if there was a third person, how is the defense going to explain Stephany's blood all over Joran's shirt and other clothing??

So, I'll wait until I see this reported elsewhere before I believe anything in this report.

MOO

Take this with a grain of salt since I'm not sure how factual this report is, dated July 9:

"Joran van der Sloot is at it again, and this time he has 3 defense attorneys to stand behind him.

Joran van der Sloot's defense team arrived in Lima on Friday, and they have already began new tactics to get Joran van der Sloot free until his trial date. However, that could be highly unlikely in Van der sloot's case.

According to the Caylee Daily, lawyers for Van der Sloot are planning to argue that there was a third person in the room the night 21-year-old business student, Stephany Flores was murdered."

http://www.associatedcontent.com/ar...n_der_sloots_defense_team_pulling.html?cat=47

First of all, no other media has mentioned the arrival of the 2 additional lawyers on Friday and this article does not mention their names. We know Tacopina is not one of them.

Second, how can they possibly state a third person was in the room? :furious: Wouldn't the hotel video tapes disprove that? I'm sure the hotel has round the clock videos for each day. And, even if there was a third person, how is the defense going to explain Stephany's blood all over Joran's shirt and other clothing??

So, I'll wait until I see this reported elsewhere before I believe anything in this report.

MOO

I'm holding my breath also. We've heard talk of the mighty 3 for the past few days, yet no mention of "their" names for the other two.

As far as the third person in the room...NOW WHAT, Joran? Someone is plotting a movie.....has to be ....

Waiting to exhale..........................

Shrink weighs in on van der Sloot's sanity

Last Update: 7/08 9:12 pm

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localn...der-Sloots-sanity/50R14uzvPUC4vi4nQKQGng.cspx

snipped:
"There is so much evidence of Van der Sloot’s guilt that I expect he will use a psychiatric defense at trial. He certainly fits the criteria for antisocial personality disorder."

I had to go look up the blog that was referenced in the article you linked nums.

Because I was scratching my noggin trying to figure out how ASPD and psychatric defense can be used in the same sentence :)

Now unless Peru lets them use a diagnosis of ASPD as a psychiatric defense, I've never heard that one play before---at least not in US courts :)

Here is the blog FWIW-

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...r-sloots-confession-is-it-admissible-in-court

The author of the blog says at the end of her piece that the court ordered psyciatric exam of JVDS (she interprets it to say) that he is competent to stand trial.

That's why his lawyers want the confession thrown out I would guess?

Can't wait to see what possible defense strategy they could come up with.

All JMHO :)

Joran Van Der Sloot Finds Loophole that Might Get Him Out of Prison

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/5570656/joran_van_der_sloot_finds_loophole.html?cat=8

snipped:

The lawyers of Joran Van Der Sloot, the 22-year-old Dutch national being held in a notorious Peruvian prison on a suspicion of murder charge, are attempting to use a legal loophole to free their client from the Miguel
Castro Castro Prison in Lima.

Sorry this is off topic and I probably shouldn't even post it but my response to that legal loophole working for him is ---FAT CHANCE Joran.

MOO

Thanks for the post. What's happened to all the news reporters??? Seems like things have gotten too quiet -kind of scary!!! Lawyers coming in yesterday, but no one knows who they are - I DOUBT THAT!!! Mystery lady going in and out of prison for days and no one has followed up on who she is??? DOUBT THAT TOO!!! (and in spite of what of the latest reports say - I don't believe for a minute that JT isn't assisting some way, some how!!!) All of this is JMHO.

Sorry this is off topic and I probably shouldn't even post it but my response to that legal loophole working for him is ---FAT CHANCE Joran.

I mean really, who is he going to stay with if he would get out and didn't RUN? His lawyer's family has been moved and I know if I were him I wouldn't sleep well knowing he was out. Not only that, but if JVS would be snuffed...there would go his fat income and many others depending on his antics.

Maybe the mysterious lady? Was this someone just hired by the Dutch journalist for the sake of AVS? To have a surrogate mother in Peru? I'd bet anywhere from a sister from a local parrish to a street corner prostitute.

He's not going anywhere....except hopefully to LuriG.

MOO

Ohhh... I've been waiting for the third person in the room defense! :dance:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads