Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He *may* have had as much as $45,000. Here's what was said on Greta last night re: the extortion sting:

Bo Dietl: ... "he wanted a quarter million dollars. The agreement was give him $20,000 up front, $10,000 CASH (which was given to him and this was all videotaped with all his statements), $15,000 was wire transfer. Why the wire transfer? This is where we have him on wire transfer of money on extortion." ...

It looks to me like he got at least $25,000 ($15,000 transfer and $10,000 cash). Maybe $45,000 - not sure about the $20,000 up front.

I taped this last night and typed it word for word from the DVR. Not sure what difference this makes in the general scheme of things but it might mean he had way more than originally thought.

(Does anyone know where to get the transcripts for the show?)

I heard it all word for word, too. The cash & the wire transfer. However, I am not sure I find it all credible (the cash amount exchanged) considering the wording of the U.S. Complaint. Another one of those things we will find out in due time, I guess.

I heard it all word for word, too. The cash & the wire transfer. However, I am not sure I find it all credible (the cash amount exchanged) considering the wording of the U.S. Complaint. Another one of those things we will find out in due time, I guess.
Not to mention that it was Bo Dietl who was "explaining" it.

i had read something the other day about the xpresident of Peru receiving 6 years for the first crime he was tried for, with more to come. I am wondering if they will go with more than one trial for the different charges that Joran is facing.
Like: 1st charge CAR THEFT 5 years. just an example
Then continue with the more serious crimes.

Would someone be so kind as to post a link to the video everyone is discussing with steph and Joran on it, please. I have looked on all 3 threads and can't seem to find it. Thanks in advance1

Thank you for such a clear translation :blowkiss:
8:00am Sunday - bought two cups coffee and returned to hotel
8:25am Sunday - back down stairs from room with one cup of coffee to pay for days left on hotel bill
8:45am Sunday - left with rucksack and brown handbag

It will be very interesting to see if Stephany's DNA is on the cup of coffee Joran brought back. This entire scenario with the coffee bothers me - it isn't like Joran to go to such trouble, there must be some reason he did this. MOO

If his story is true - that he didn't do this and someone did it while he was out buying coffee - don't you think the normal reaction would be to run out of the room, screaming...? Not casually checking out of the hotel? Even if he left (as has been implied may be his defense) because he knew he'd be pinned for a crime he didn't commit, seems like he would be visibily shaken that the girl in his room was brutally murdered while he was gone, kwim?

I think they've got him this time. :furious:

LAST MINUTE: Joran van der Sloot arrived in Lima amid tight security.

Read the 'Public Disclaimer'. Hard to understand but it looks like he got bonked on the head.

As it turns out, Van der Sloot, also a suspect in the murder of a citizen norteramericana in Aruba and pimping in Thailand, faces up to three days in the dungeons of the Dirincri and then be made available to the Peruvian justice. The judge who see the case will decide which prison the Dutchman.

Geeze! I bet he's chitting his britches. I would be.

http://translate.google.ca/translat...Q7gEwAA&prev=/search?q=el+comercio+peru&hl=en

I hear ya. I thought maybe the 10k wasn't mentioned in the complaint because it's not traceable or proovable (sic). Like you say, in due time. :)

CNN will have something on at noon. Which in NY is now...

:woohoo:

Joran was just paraded him in front of reporters. several times according to whatever i am listening too, i think cnn

sorry Foxnews

Just the headline alone ~ why should she be shocked? Has she really been in that much denial about what he could be capable of? :waitasec:

I have known so many parents who are blind to their little darlings' nefarious ways. I wonder if this event with VDS is the ultimate consequence of enabling kids. Not to blame his mother for everything, but maybe this could've been nipped in the bud years ago. Wonder if both mom and dad babied and excused everything he did when he was younger. I notice that JVDS is really huggy and clingy with his mom. I find that odd. It's not as though he were an abused child who never learned to bond with humans! I'm a firm believer in NOT enabling others. They need to suffer consequences of their behaviors without us parents trying to interfere with necessary life lessons.

Joran was just paraded him in front of reporters. several times according to whatever i am listening too, i think cnn

sorry Foxnews

Just saw it....Absolutely bizarre scene at the National HQ. They just paraded Joran in and out of the room 3x, upstairs on the 6th floor for 100 photographers and reporters. Joran had that classic stony looked.

I have known so many parents who are blind to their little darlings' nefarious ways. I wonder if this event with VDS is the ultimate consequence of enabling kids. Not to blame his mother for everything, but maybe this could've been nipped in the bud years ago. Wonder if both mom and dad babied and excused everything he did when he was younger. I notice that JVDS is really huggy and clingy with his mom. I find that odd. It's not as though he were an abused child who never learned to bond with humans! I'm a firm believer in NOT enabling others. They need to suffer consequences of their behaviors without us parents trying to interfere with necessary life lessons.

bolded by me.

I read that Mrs. VDS said that Joran had the whole family terrorized (or words to that effect). Maybe she is afraid to NOT hug him?

I wonder when those photos will hit the press.
I guess they are hoping the media frenzi will die down. Truthfully theres alot more going on in Peru than jVS.

Would someone be so kind as to post a link to the video everyone is discussing with steph and Joran on it, please. I have looked on all 3 threads and can't seem to find it. Thanks in advance1
You mean the last image of Stephany at the hotel?
Here is one link, there's more in this thread around post #170?

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5251524&postcount=174"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5251524&postcount=174[/ame]

Thanks so much ~ the video is very good!

I liked this part

"He's going to get a very long sentence in Peru," Black said. "By the time he gets out of jail, if he ever does, this would be a footnote in history."
The lawyer said, however, that the Holloway disappearance could be used "as evidence of proof in Peru," and the Holloway family may ask a Peru court "for a longer sentence because of Natalee's murder

I don't think it was. The 1st hour of Dateline was the oil in the Gulf. The 2nd hour was a crime but I don't think it was about Joran or Natalee or Stefanie. I watched the 1st hour but not the 2nd.

The first hour was on the gulf disaster and the 2nd was about the professor that shot 3 other professors at the beginning of the year...No mention of this case on Dateline last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teqtoshi