Pets and Fireworks

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My 7 month old pup is afraid of fireworks. My hubby let off a few tonight and she was so scared she peed herself all over the front porch trying to get in the house. She ran in the house, right to her kennel and wouldn't come out until my hubby came in and sat down. Totally unlike her. She usually will come to me for comfort, but tonight momma wasn't what she needed. No fair, since he was the fart who let them off in the first place!
gardenmom,
Your poor baby, maybe she wanted to make sure that your husband was safe too. lol ;) Could that be why she settled down after he came in?

I had both cat and dog laying on top of me all night. The neighbors managed to stop their fireworks (legal and illegal) activity about 11:30pm, but my critters decided the safest spot was next to or on top of their Mama for the rest of the night...

my grandmother had a really cute mixed terrier and every fourth of july the poor thing would shake like a leaf, uncontrollaby--never seen anything like it--our cats were never bothered by the booms but I thought this poor doggie was going to have a heart attack every 4th of July--otherwise the rest of the year she was pretty calm although close thunderstorms would set her off also

This is what happened when someone let off firecrackers yesterday earlier than I was anticipating:

LibbyGate.jpg

LibbyGate2.jpg

We had gone to my friends house for the afternoon to swim and hang out. I went to my car to get something, and left Libby in the pool area (about 15 feet from my car.) Well, just as I was walking back to the pool area, someone let off firecrackers and poor Libby freaked. She used to be able to fit through the gate, but not anymore, so when she tried, she got stuck. We were afraid we were going to have to saw the bars to get her out, but I was able to calm her down and gently pull her out. I had been planning to take her home before dark, but someone decided to let off firecrackers early...

OMG...Glad Libby is ok! Poor baby. There were not many fireworks shot off around my house this years...thank goodness.

Melly, I am sorry, but I laughed. :p Poor baby. I can relate though, I try to fit into places I no longer fit too.:blushing:

I'm sorry I laughed too. Honestly, looks like the poor little thing would have fit! Our cats and a stay wiener dog have made it through our wrought iron gate!

We had one cat hiding under the bed during fireworks, one cat in his usual spot but crouched--not lying down in his relaxed position--and one cat that actually watched from a window with my daughters. But the last one...she's "special." If you know what I mean,. :rolleyes:

Poor Libby.

My dogs were terrified last night...and then again tonight. The neighbors across from us let their teens do another full fireworks show in their driveway.

lol Don't be sorry for laughing, I've been laughing about it for 2 days. I mean, I'm the one that stopped and took a picture of the poor thing while she was stuck. :innocent: My friend still can't believe I took a picture, but come on, that's a memory! She is perfectly fine, probably doesn't even remember it. Had she been hurt, I'm sure I wouldn't find it funny or wouldn't have posted the pics, but since she is fine, I couldn't resist.

She used to fit through those bars no problem, but she's bulked up just enough now that she can't get through anymore, which doesn't make her very happy. lol She's sound asleep beside me right now, not thinking a single thought about that gate. :D

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tinatrue
Back