DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Jaycee Dugard case: Garrido filed to open home institute

By John Simerman
Contra Costa Times
Posted: 10/14/2009 07:47:53 PM PDT
Updated: 10/14/2009 08:53:04 PM PDT

"Whether Phillip Garrido meant to open a school for children — a claim careening across the blogosphere — is doubtful.

It appears Garrido never followed through on any plans he had for "The Phillip C. Knight Institute." He never applied for a business license from Contra Costa County and filed nothing with the state Department of Education, officials said."

"Contra Costa County records show Phillip Garrido, a convicted kidnapper and rapist, applied in Jan. 31, 2006, to name a business "The Phillip C. Knight." But he failed to publish legal notices, said Barbara Chambers, assistant county clerk-recorder. He filed another application seven months later and published notices in the East County Times, county records show. The $15 application does not require a description of the business.

"We have no idea what they're going to do," Chambers said. "This says 'institute.' Who knows what it is?"

Searches of records turned up nothing at the county collector's office and the state Department of Education. The secretary of state's office only has a record for God's Desire, a business Garrido started last year."

Hmmm ... I thought there was another article posted where it was stated that somewhere in the application he proclaimed it would be an elementary school. Guess that article must have been wrong or I'm imagining things.

Hmmm ... I thought there was another article posted where it was stated that somewhere in the application he proclaimed it would be an elementary school. Guess that article must have been wrong or I'm imagining things.

I saw it too...it said elementary and secondary. I've heard the CCTimes newspaper editor ... well need I say? I've written to them about missing information in their articles several times, but no response back. Makes me wonder.:waitasec:

Something is missing. The Veromi.net site says "THE PHILLIP C KNIGHT INSTITUTE Elementary and Secondary Schools
spacer.gif
". The site picks this up from some sort of database, but neither of the FBN forms ever use the phrase "Elementary and Secondary Schools". So this phrase exists somewhere in some database based on some other filed paperwork - what and where is it? Find the database and we solve this mystery!

I wonder if PG & NG were trying to start a school to bilk money out of the "Elementary and Secondary Schools Act", ESSA ???

I wonder if PG & NG were trying to start a school to bilk money out of the "Elementary and Secondary Schools Act", ESSA ???

Interesting! Both PG and Molino had nonprofits. Maybe that was their connection.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back