Photo Images inside Garrido Home

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There were frequent crossings of all of these cultures - at least, in southern CA, and for the poorer hippies. I'm not counting the affluent hippies that settled in Topanga Canyon of course.

Living in Antioch, I can tell you that this is typical of the meth culture, past and present.

Living in Antioch, I can tell you that this is typical of the meth culture, past and present.
Well, shouldn't that have been some sort of red flag to the Parole Officer that was "checking in" on him?

(Not directed at you my2sisters.)

I agree with Billylee. Where was CPS? It's been determined that LE usually has to see an infraction to be able to investigate but CPS had to have had some reports. If they got a report, it would have been staffed and I'm all but certain they would have sent out an investigator. I can't imagine tagging this one "unfounded" after listening to anybody's report. By the time someone has the gumption to make the call, they tend to maximize an issue rather than minimize it. The reports remain anonymous (until a trial, at least) and the investigator does not actually have to "see" the neglect or abuse occur. It is their job to investigate the allegation. So, where was CPS? Also, I've wondered why no school officials, local teachers, truancy officers, or Childfind (looking for children with special needs) workers had no questions about the girls. Would NG has truly been that convincing of her home schooling of the younger girls and of Jaycee, years ago?

looks like they're just redistributing the trash around...i will give that it was a little more organized in it's disgusting-ness before LE came in. thanks for the comparisons!

And, that was the point I was trying to make - it was definitely squalor, and many pictures are consistent with conditions that a cumpulsive hoarder, or drug addict, or person with mental problems, might live in. BUT - there were many elements suggesting that LE was indiscriminant in their search.

The most telling example is the before and after pictures of the above-ground pool. On the day the news broke the pool was intact, and the the yard surrounding it was clear (see my previous post). Within a week it looks like someone came in with a bulldozer and dumped a huge load of trash right on top of the ladder end of the pool, collapsing the walls.

I could care less, except for the fact that - IT'S A CRIME SCENE! There really has to be some level of control. Otherwise, defense lawyers will submit before and after photos and try to suggest that LE planted something.

I think this house shows just how the Garridos lived. He is a kidnapper, rapist, liar, fanatic, pervert -- so it fits, to me, he would live in filth. I have seen homes in the news that looked just like this that were owned by reclusive people. The LE may have made many mistakes and failed to manage this man, but I don't think they are going to go into this house and toss it this way and make it even harder to uncover evidence.

CBS News spoke with a private detective who was in the house before the Garridos were arrested who says it wasn't in disarray.

I am curious why a detective was in the home? Did he go room to room? Did he see any evidence of the girls? If he just stood in hallway or front room, he may have missed the real mess.

I am sure Jaycee and the girls are learning to appreciate a clean home, a decent bath and kitchen -- a houes with order.

Jaycee Lee Dugard Wants Her Pets Back

http://cbs13.com/local/jaycee.dugard.pets.2.1193796.html

Contra Costa County animal services Lt. Joe DeCosta said Friday that an advocate of Dugard has indicated that she wants her five cats, two dogs, three cockatiels, a pigeon and a mouse back in her possession.

I hope they get their pets back very soon.

And, that was the point I was trying to make - it was definitely squalor, and many pictures are consistent with conditions that a cumpulsive hoarder, or drug addict, or person with mental problems, might live in. BUT - there were many elements suggesting that LE was indiscriminant in their search.

The most telling example is the before and after pictures of the above-ground pool. On the day the news broke the pool was intact, and the the yard surrounding it was clear (see my previous post). Within a week it looks like someone came in with a bulldozer and dumped a huge load of trash right on top of the ladder end of the pool, collapsing the walls.

I could care less, except for the fact that - IT'S A CRIME SCENE! There really has to be some level of control. Otherwise, defense lawyers will submit before and after photos and try to suggest that LE planted something.

It does me wonder how easy is it to sort through and manage trash. The yard was and is a nightmare.

I hate the idea of having to listen to the lawyers defend this man.

I'm going out on a limb here and posting a link to the abatement violation photos of our grandchild's other grandparents.

http://www.ci.medford.or.us/Files/1-9-09 Agenda.pdf

Nothing against you, of course - just that the person who invented bitmap scanning should be taken out and shot! I had many scans I paid good money for that ended up being worthless because they were bitmaps, and I couldn't convert them.

It does me wonder how easy is it to sort through and manage trash. The yard was and is a nightmare.

I agree and I'm hoping that we won't have to...

These are the two links to pictures obtained from the county inspector's office from KCRA-3:

http://www.kcra.com/slideshow/news/20972701/detail.html

http://www.kcra.com/slideshow/news/20972906/detail.html

Now, compare image 26 from the first link to this picture:

View attachment 5135

And image 1 from the second link to this picture:

View attachment 5136

It's clear that LE is trashing the place looking for evidence.

It is clear to me, too. I've actually seen "before" and "after" pictures of other scenes which were searched by police, and what we're seeing isn't all that unusual.

I see your point. In the first set of pictures, it looks like the first was taken after much of what was inside was removed. However, I would hardly say LE was trashing the place. That place was already trashed. Surely LE didn't put a monstrous stack of dirty dishes in the sink and on the counters, or fill the house and yard with all that crap. All that stuff came from their home and the property simply doesn't look like it could reasonably contain it all. Again, they did not conduct a raid. Nevertheless, in viewing your comparison photos, it does seem that the later taken set do not relfect reality as much as the first. Good catch.

The kitchen scene, to me anyway, looks as if dishes, etc. were just swept out of the cabinets into the sink and onto the stove. I just don't see food on the dishes!

I believe three people who have claimed to be inside of the home have described it as neat. (Not trying to defend the Garrido's, just trying to understand the actual facts of the case.) Chevy, a male customer of the printing business and a law enforcement detective are the three I'm remembering who claimed the condition of the house as they saw it was nothing like the pics. we were shown and led to believe were the actual living conditions. I know that some of the decorations in the home look as though someone tried to make a nice house---probably Garrido's mom.

To me, the pics. look exactly like what I've seen of "after" photos of police searches. Yes, stuff is tossed around. Stuff is even ripped open sometimes!

Posted in Media Links by Angel Who Cares: Authorities have also released the first photos from inside the Garrido home. Blackstone says they "gave another glimpse into life there -- "a mess" that "could show a household in disarray -- or the way a place looks after a police search. CBS News spoke with a private detective who was in the house before the Garridos were arrested who says it wasn't in disarray.

This answered one of the questions we all had. And (IMO) it shows the disrespect local LE has had for this case! I'm so glad other jurisdictions are now involved and it wasn't all left up to Contra Costa County LE.

I don't know if I would call it disrespect. Maybe it is.

What is so disturbing to me, besides the Number One Rant of how in the Hell this guy was able to keep Jaycee hidden for so long due to the extreme lack of "giving a care" on the side of the parole office, is that Phillip Garrido and Nancy Garrido actually looked normal at the time Jaycee was taken. If the home was kept in some sort of order and not totally trashed, then it would mean that PG and NG had continued to care about their living conditions----and that seemingly normal people who lived in a seemingly normal house could have hidden such depravity is just shocking and scary.

I can honestly say that I don't want to hear the defense for this man and woman, but TRULY am praying that the defense at least puts forth some sort of effort so we don't have to go through a mis-trial or give these animals any grounds for appeal.

May the "guilty" verdict be unassailable!

Sunnie, I've also been a home health therapist. I don't think a home health agency was ever in this house! I think Nancy- with CNA experience- was just taking care of her mother-in-law, paid or not as she knew to do! I totally agree that anybody who had come out from a home health agency would have called APS under these conditions! I really don't believe LE messed the house up this bad- I have seen residences this bad-I think this is how the Garrido's lived undetected!

I think that is the point I was trying to get across with my post. The only LE that had been to the house was PG's PO, but there were customers who had been in the house. I can't imagine that it was always in that bad of shape. I think it was dirty and cluttered, but I think there has to be more to the story.

I am in no way trying to defend the monstrosity of a horrible situation this is, but even the most heartless, clueless, ignorant PO in the world would not turn away from the squalor in those pictures. I guess I should say I certainly hope not!!

Also the front of the house, outside was cared for. It would be unusual for there to be that big a difference. As for back, I have nothing. It is beyond comprehension how or why he would allow children to live out there in the type of neighborhood it is.

Well, shouldn't that have been some sort of red flag to the Parole Officer that was "checking in" on him?

IKR? The first thing I thought of looking at these photos is one of the early excuses of the P.O that there was "no sign" of Jaycee and her daughters living there. Even if the house looked 50% better than this pre-LE HOW in the *#)@ could he tell who lived there? I don't look at the potential chaos as an excuse for that P.O either.

For a good overview of Compulsive Hoarding Disorder, check out this link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compulsive_hoarding

The photos tell the whole story.

ITA. Just seeing pictures of the back yard the first week of the case made me think CH. My DH has a relative who had this compulsion, and no joke, he came and sat by me as I was looking the pix for the first time, visibly shuddered and said, "What are you looking at? It looks just like XXXX's house!" Has no bearing on their mental state, I know, but it adds another (potential) disturbing layer to this case, as Jaycee and those precious girls had NO choice to leave that squalor.

As for back, I have nothing. It is beyond comprehension how or why he would allow children to live out there in the type of neighborhood it is.

Lol...you do realize that he was probably the most dangerous person in that neighborhood right? ;) The person the children had to fear the most was right behind them, not in some other house.

Looks a lot like the garrido house, both in the before pictures (of the yard) and after.

It really does.

My mother had a friend that suffered from this condition. She hoarded magazines and newspapers. To see her on the street, she was clean and neat and the yard of her house looked just fine, but when you went inside you saw stacks and stacks of newspapers. Over the years, the hoarding escalated until it was impossible to move around her home and she became estranged from her family. Tragically, her house caught on fire and she was killed.

I don't know if I would call it disrespect. Maybe it is.

What is so disturbing to me, besides the Number One Rant of how in the Hell this guy was able to keep Jaycee hidden for so long due to the extreme lack of "giving a care" on the side of the parole office, is that Phillip Garrido and Nancy Garrido actually looked normal at the time Jaycee was taken. If the home was kept in some sort of order and not totally trashed, then it would mean that PG and NG had continued to care about their living conditions----and that seemingly normal people who lived in a seemingly normal house could have hidden such depravity is just shocking and scary.

It is disturbing and it shows they had enough mental facilities for deception by keeping the front of the house normal looking. And yeah, that wedding picture kind of turns my stomach because (and it makes me sick to type this knowing what we know) if I saw it in any normal forum I would have thought they were both attractive and made a handsome couple "back in the day". I know there's the proverbial Bundy example, but each case still shocks me.

Lol...you do realize that he was probably the most dangerous person in that neighborhood right? ;) The person the children had to fear the most was right behind them, not in some other house.

Well for Jaycee and her daughters that is most true, but the neighborhood is not known to be safe.

I think that is the point I was trying to get across with my post. The only LE that had been to the house was PG's PO, but there were customers who had been in the house. I can't imagine that it was always in that bad of shape. I think it was dirty and cluttered, but I think there has to be more to the story.

I am in no way trying to defend the monstrosity of a horrible situation this is, but even the most heartless, clueless, ignorant PO in the world would not turn away from the squalor in those pictures. I guess I should say I certainly hope not!!

Also the front of the house, outside was cared for. It would be unusual for there to be that big a difference. As for back, I have nothing. It is beyond comprehension how or why he would allow children to live out there in the type of neighborhood it is.
Do we know for sure that the customers were actually in the house, or maybe just in the garage or one room fixed up? My husband has a friend with OCD whose house was so bad, you could one walk in one path through the house, there was so much clutter! He was growing plants in his bathtub. We think he didn't cook much.
Garrido kept up the front of the house as not to attract attention. Probably met the PO outside and convinced him there was no need to look any further...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mommysbabies24
Back