Photos of the Couple - *WARNING: Graphic Images*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Were there any reports of two missing teenagers or young adults in this area at the time? Does anyone know if there are old newspaper archives online from this time period that might have this information?

I also realised something about John Doe's ring, that there are three names on it. I remember reading up on Spanish culture and they generally have three names, usually the first name and two surnames. I think the first surname tend to be the mothers maiden name.

Anyway, I realised that I may have posted in the wrong thread. So please feel free to move this post the correct one. I am still a newbie around here, so i was not sure where to post.

These suggestions may not be much help to you guys, but I just wanted to share my thoughts in case it does help?
Isn't this true for Mexican culture, too?

Hey, everyone! Check out this link:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/198umsc.html

The most interesting part is this tidbit:

"Months after the homicide, an employee of KOA campgrounds near Santee, S.C., called authorities, believing he had earlier made friends with the dead man, who went by the name 'Jock' according to documents in the case file.
Jock, or more likely, Jacques, stayed a few days at the campgrounds with his young female companion, then left for Florida. He and his girlfriend stopped at the campgrounds again on their way back.
The two men became friends. While shooting pool, Jacque told the KOA worker he was the son of a prominent doctor in Canada who had disowned him for giving up on his own career in medicine. He was taking a vacation of sorts, traveling the country aimlessly.
Before leaving, he tried to pawn an expensive ring to the employee, who later told authorities that the ring had looked a lot like the one found on the mystery man.
Inside his pocket was a book of Grants Truck Stop matches, which could only be found in Idaho, New Mexico and Nebraska. Authorities think Jacques passed through these places on his travels."

Elliottness...Good find.. this doctor was on the list with the first name Jacques...age would be right to have a grown son in 1976.
QUOTE:
Jacques Genest (born May 29, 1919, Montreal, Quebec) is a Canadian physician and scientist.
[edit]Honours

In 1963, he was awarded the Gairdner Foundation International Award.
In 1967, he was made a Companion of the Order of Canada.
In 1968, he was awarded the Royal Society of Canada's Flavelle Medal.
In 1991, he was made a Grand Officer of the National Order of Quebec.
In 1994, he was inducted into the Canadian Medical Hall of Fame.
In 1996, he was awarded the Quebec government's Prix Armand-Frappier.
[edit]External links

Jacques Genest at The Canadian Encyclopedia
This biography related to medicine in Canada is a stub. You can help
Wikipedia by expanding it.

Categories: 1919 births | Living people | Canadian physicians | Canadian Medical Hall of Fame | Canadian medical researchers | Fellows of the Royal Society of Canada | French Quebecers | Grand Officers of the National Order of Quebec | Companions of the Order of Canada | People from Montreal | Canadian medical biography stubs

Elliottness...Good find.. this doctor was on the list with the first name Jacques...age would be right to have a grown son in 1976.
QUOTE:
Jacques Genest (born May 29, 1919, Montreal, Quebec) is a Canadian physician and scientist.
[edit]Honours

In 1963, he was awarded the Gairdner Foundation International Award.
In 1967, he was made a Companion of the Order of Canada.
In 1968, he was awarded the Royal Society of Canada's Flavelle Medal.
In 1991, he was made a Grand Officer of the National Order of Quebec.
In 1994, he was inducted into the Canadian Medical Hall of Fame.
In 1996, he was awarded the Quebec government's Prix Armand-Frappier.
[edit]External links

Jacques Genest at The Canadian Encyclopedia
This biography related to medicine in Canada is a stub. You can help
Wikipedia by expanding it.

Categories: 1919 births | Living people | Canadian physicians | Canadian Medical Hall of Fame | Canadian medical researchers | Fellows of the Royal Society of Canada | French Quebecers | Grand Officers of the National Order of Quebec | Companions of the Order of Canada | People from Montreal | Canadian medical biography stubs
I already looked at this person. My gut feeling tells me that the unidentified man's name is Jacques Paul or Jacques Pierre. I believe that his initials are JPF as identified on the ring that he wore. A lot of French men have the name Pierre so I'm guessing it could be Jacque Pierre. Again, this is pure speculation but I'd focus on prominent French or Canadian doctors whose last name begins with the letter "F."

I just did a side by side and Maria and Jane look like twins. I see some similarities between the men but not like the women.

prd2bokie...I agree, the shape and thickness of their eyebrows are identical..Maria Vasquez Buenos Aires, missing with boyfriend or brother, since 14 May 1976
These 2 females look like twins or sisters...imo

prd2bokie & Mystery, I third it. They look like twins except wouldn't Maria be too old? She looks older than Jane Doe to me.

vtgirl, Rogers has a 3" scar on her neck. Doesn't match up with SC Jane Doe. I looked, and looked at Rogers myself. She went missing after SC Jane was dead, but that doesn't bother me. A girl with a 3" scar....probably no one kept close tabs on her.

I guess I'm going to harp on the disparity of the photos 'til I get some answers or some forensic artist takes pity on us, and does yet another sketch of each, based on the roadside photos, and the mouth open, head shot only photos.

Personally, I believe they're from Canada, most likely Quebec, considering the man's name of Jock/Jacques. I wish this was in Canadian papers or maybe even featured on The Fifth Estate. That might generate some clues.

I found a famous Canadian physician who looks like our UID Jock. Has this been covered before elsewhere on WS? Can I mention a deceased person's name without getting banned? Can I mention the whole name in two separate posts? There's gotta be a way to get this out there.

If Maria is said to have given birth in December 1976, logically she ought to have been pregnant from March 1976. Would people around her have been aware of her pregnancy at the time of her disappearance in May?

She could have miscarried or had an abortion (especially as a result of mistreatment in detenion) but if Maria were Jane Doe, she'd have been pregnant within the last three months at most, and probably still pregnant at the time of her death. AFAIK there has been no comment on Maria's status.

I do think however that the disappeared of Argentina or other south American regimes may explain why there has been no missing persons report for a couple that surely would have been missed by someone. In that environment, a politically conscious couple that disappeared without a trace would have been assumed to have been taken by security services even if there were another explanation - and even if the security services denied doing so, it would be very dangerous to draw attention to the case even if you believed them.

Guys,
With the two 2-inch scars on Jacques shoulder, could he have played Ice Hockey in Canada?
I suspect some of his teeth were knocked out and/or injured in whatever sport he played..crown on front tooth.

aficionado:
a person who likes, knows about, and appreciates a usually fervently pursued interest or activity.....:Banane49:
Quote:
Unidentified White Male
Located on August 9, 1976 in Sumter, South Carolina.
An autopsy showed that the victim had been shot at close range in the back, chest and throat.
The couple had been dead for less than 24 hours.

Vital Statistics
Estimated age: 18 - 22 years old but possibly older.
Approximate Height and Weight: 6'1/4"; 150 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown eyes; brown hair.

Two 2-inch scars on his right shoulder area.... 4" appendectomy scar.
Tall and athletic looking.

Although both the woman and man were white, investigators described their skin as smooth, with olive undertones.

The man in particular was tall and athletic looking, possibly an aficionado of contact sports, judging by the suggestive scars on the BACK of his shoulder.

Clothing: He was wearing a pair of faded Levi blue jeans, a red t-shirt with Coors America's light beer on the front and Camel Challenger G-T Sebring 75 across the back.
It most likely came from the 1975 Coor's sponsored Sebring Races in Florida.

DNA: 6/2007 body exhumed for DNA testing.
Dentals: Available. Extensive dental work. Very elaborate dental work with crowns and bridges. Crown on left front tooth, acrylic or porcelain. Fillings in most of upper teeth and has some missing teeth in top and bottom but noticeable in top back left. He is missing his wisdom teeth on the bottom in the back.

Does anyone have a clear black and white crime scene photo? The one I have is of poor quality, and the woman's head is blurred beyond recognition.

Injuries that required teeth to be replaced and left scars on shoulders could also have been caused by car racing (wrecks).

Hi

I know i have been quiet in here but I have been reading both threads.

Although I still like the argentina angle for these two dear souls... the other thread that is going re these two has a guy whose likeness to jock is pretty amazing

BUT the one thing about jock is his hair is a definite side part

Hi Jane,

I don't know about that part being right. In the morgue photo, his hair has been parted on the side,
but in looking closer, his hair is awfully uneven, one side much longer than the other. I'm not sure
how to account for that. I read that he had shoulder length hair, and in the lousy photo I have of
the crime scene, his hair does look that long, but it also looks bushy.

Here's something else that's really interesting. If you take the retouched morgue photo of Jock Doe
with his "blue" eyes open, and change the eyes to dark brown, you get a very different looking Jock/
Jacques Doe, I don't know who did the eyes open photos, but I've never seen Jock listed as having
any other eye color than brown. I think most likely he had dark brown eyes if you can rely on the
sketches at all.

Now that is a serious resemblance. Can anyone do a side by side of the photos? I dont have Photoshop or else I would. I see the similairty in the jaw area the most. Too bad the long lost son is uncooperative b/c if he did a dna match VS the dead woman found in SC it would reveal if this is her or not.

I'm gonna add this here because I don't see them in this post.

I found these 2 images, thought I left open where I found this one but must have closed it. I did save it..

Then there is this version which I wish I could find larger

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat
Back