Pierce Brosnan's wife

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I respectfully disagree SCM. I almost NEVER disagree with you. :) .....

Aw, Paladin - now I'm totally bummed!:)

I do hear your points. I'm just one of those people who doesn't lose a wink of sleep if I have to pay higher insurance premiums because of other people's bad choices.

I'm just not scared or or saddened or particularly concerned about body size and shape. Like everyone - I have a preference for what I think looks good and I'm much more personally grossed out by a skinny underweight body than a meaty overweight one.

Also, I'm more concerned with what is sold (particularly to women but men get it too) as physical perfection. In my experience, most fat people who are unhappy with being fat know that they aren't at their optimum weight. My experience has been that they have struggled with weight issues for much of their lives in a similiar way as an addict might struggle with drugs. And they have been taunted and jeered at and treated differently more than many addicts because you can hide a dope problem from much of the general public a lot more easily than you can hide a fat a$$.

Strangers who are overweight and not happy about that surely don't need John and Jane Public telling them to do something about their fatness for the sake of their health. That's nothing but rudeness in the form concern and it is gruesome behavior. Do we think we are telling them something they don't know? The only message these people hear when we say BS like that is "You're a weak person with terrible self control and you need to do something about your disgusting self.

We should be ashamed of ourselves. I'm teaching my boys what I was taught (and try to, but don't always, follow) - we don't comment about people's bodies.

I think weight and body size is affected by a confluence if influences - genetics, disease, spititual and mental conditions, willpower, gluttony, and on and on and on. Some of these are within our "control" and some of these are not.

I think the world would be Stepford-like :bang: if every single person had a perfect BMI. I like the different shapes and sizes. I want people to be happy with their bodies and minds and souls and strive every day to carve out a little more happiness for themselves.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thank you...I am down on myself a bit. I gained 60 lbs after quitting Methamphetamines. I know the drugs made me alot less unhealthy than the weight but man did I ever have a smoking body.

Girlfriend - don't you know that's like a requirement of getting clean off meth or coke!! I've watched so many people get clean, get fat and then get healthy again. I just wanted to let you know there is another side. I gained 30 pounds in 3 months when I first got clean, but within a few years, I was looking smoking again (you know - so I could pick up hot guys at the meetings!!!;) )

White Rain yes it truly is what I want I've done went through a psycological assesement and passed it. I have struggled with my weight problem since the age of 3 1/2. I have Cushings and I want to live I'll say it like it is. Once we start getting older the weight does start putting a lot of stress on our hearts and other organs and type2 Diabetes set's in and as we know that destory's our eyes,kidneys and limbs and I'm not one to sit around and waller in self pitty. I've always been able to carry my weight but since my auto accident and back surgery i find it harder to get around and I just have to much in life to live for I will not let myself get confined to a wheel chair down the road. Life is just to short and like I said I have to much to live for. Thank you though so much for your concerns.:blowkiss:

:-) It just worked out that way j2mirish if my doctor would not of ordered more testing to be done on me I would of had my surgery in Dec. and that would of given me plenty of time to of recovered from the surgery and to make sure the lapband wasn't going to slip or anything, but since I had to have more testing and a two night sleep study done which my doctor just got the results back last week my surgeon said there was no way he would do my surgery and then two weeks later I take off on a 6 day 5 night cruise. He told me to also enjoy my curise and call it My New Life Change Celebrating party. LOL And I told hubby hey that is a great ideal and then after I lose down to my goal weight then take another cruise for working hard and reaching my goal and maintaining it.

I LOVE cruises......have a wonderful time! :blowkiss:

I have no self control though...I gained 5 pounds with each cruise I went on...but I lost it within a week of getting home. :boohoo:

Southcitymom I sure will let you know. Once I have my surgery I already have my journal set up so that it's ready to go. Once I have my surgery and I let you all know if anyone would like the link I would be more then happy to share it with you. I want to be a inspiration to others who have struggled with a weight problem but might just be afraid to make this discission in considering having the lapband surgery.

I would love to have that link, Windchime, and to support you in any way I can. Thank you for being open to sharing your journey with us. I get so much spiritually by watching other people walk through their struggles and make positive changes!

I so have to agree with you. We beat ourselves up enough. I've always been so thankful for my loving parents and siblings and friends and that I was able to go through K-12 without cruel kids hurting me emotionally with the things some of them said to me.

I do hear your points. I'm just one of those people who doesn't lose a wink of sleep if I have to pay higher insurance premiums because of other people's bad choices.

I'm just not scared or or saddened or particularly concerned about body size and shape. Like everyone - I have a preference for what I think looks good and I'm much more personally grossed out by a skinny underweight body than a meaty overweight one.

Also, I'm more concerned with what is sold (particularly to women but men get it too) as physical perfection. In my experience, most fat people who are unhappy with being fat know that they aren't at their optimum weight. My experience has been that they have struggled with weight issues for much of their lives in a similiar way as an addict might struggle with drugs. And they have been taunted and jeered at and treated differently more than many addicts because you can hide a dope problem from much of the general public a lot more easily than you can hide a fat a$$.

Strangers who are overweight and not happy about that surely don't need John and Jane Public telling them to do something about their fatness for the sake of their health. That's nothing but rudeness in the form concern and it is gruesome behavior. Do we think we are telling them something they don't know? The only message these people hear when we say BS like that is "You're a weak person with terrible self control and you need to do something about your disgusting self.

We should be ashamed of ourselves. I'm teaching my boys what I was taught (and try to, but don't always, follow) - we don't comment about people's bodies.

I think weight and body size is affected by a confluence if influences - genetics, disease, spititual and mental conditions, willpower, gluttony, and on and on and on. Some of these are within our "control" and some of these are not.

I think the world would be Stepford-like :bang: if every single person had a perfect BMI. I like the different shapes and sizes. I want people to be happy with their bodies and minds and souls and strive every day to carve out a little more happiness for themselves.

:-) It just worked out that way j2mirish if my doctor would not of ordered more testing to be done on me I would of had my surgery in Dec. and that would of given me plenty of time to of recovered from the surgery and to make sure the lapband wasn't going to slip or anything, but since I had to have more testing and a two night sleep study done which my doctor just got the results back last week my surgeon said there was no way he would do my surgery and then two weeks later I take off on a 6 day 5 night cruise. He told me to also enjoy my curise and call it My New Life Change Celebrating party. LOL And I told hubby hey that is a great ideal and then after I lose down to my goal weight then take another cruise for working hard and reaching my goal and maintaining it.
you go girl !! I am so happy for you-

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Girlfriend - don't you know that's like a requirement of getting clean off meth or coke!! I've watched so many people get clean, get fat and then get healthy again. I just wanted to let you know there is another side. I gained 30 pounds in 3 months when I first got clean, but within a few years, I was looking smoking again (you know - so I could pick up hot guys at the meetings!!!;) )

Yeah I figured I'd gain SOME but d*mn not like this!!!! I wasn't skinny to begin with before I started drugs....but then I lost so much weight and got so much male attn. it was unreal...the best thing of all (for me) was being able to flaunt myself in front of my ex-hubby who once (while we were married!) called me a fat b*tch...
I swore on drugs I'd NEVER be fat again...but here it is, I'm clean AND fat. :(

Am I the only one who is thoroughly disgusted by the things that I have read on this particular thread? I understand that people have different views on different topics and I respect that, however a good many posts on here have been downright offensive and inappropriate. People make choices in their lives whether they are purposeful or not. It is a blessing to be thin and be able to eat whatever you want whenever you want, but the fact of the matter is that it is a struggle day in and day out for many people to keep their weight under control.

I have been blessed with a good metabolism and don't really have to watch what I eat in order to stay thin. I enjoy exercise and genuinely love fruits and vegetables and overall healthy eating. My mother is overweight and has been her entire life. She has been told countless times that she was fat and unattractive by both society and her own family. My mother counts calories, exercises etc and still the weight remains. Her problems have increased since menopause. Does this mean she has "let herself go" or that she is "doing herself a misfavour"? Overall statements like overweight people are lazy and unmotivated really are upsetting. Somehow all this translates into the message that these people are defective. Trust me, based on the things I have heard from countless patients, if it was about motivation there would not be a fat person on the planet. No one wants to lose weight more than the overweight. Wanting is not were the issue lies.

My heart goes out to everyone who struggles with their weight. It is a rare sight now days to hear someone who is not at least 5 pounds overweight. Thats simply life. Sure we should exercise more than we should, but its hard. After I work a 14 hour shift at the hospital the last thing I want to do is exercise. Thats reality. I think its fantastic that some people are able to find the time to devote an hour a day solely to fitness. They, like those who are naturally thin, are a minority.

Day in day out I hear women talk about how they cant have this or cant have that because they don't have enough calories left over. They have a piece of fruit and a yogurt and call it a meal all for the ideal that they are thin. You may be thin but you are far from healthy. You are only given one body in this life and you must treat it well. That goes for both ends of the spectrum. We accept people who have addictions to alcohol, drugs, sex, cigarettes but we still don't accept people who have an addiction to food. We still find overweight people acceptable targets for humiliation and ridicule. You never know what a persons story is simply by looking at them. I personally think people who voice opinions such as the ones I have seen on this thread are no better than the bigots and the racists that we as a society so publicly denounce. The only difference is that their hatred is still considered socially acceptable.

Thank you for hearing me out.
Respectfully,
Chloe

White Rain yes it truly is what I want I've done went through a psycological assesement and passed it. I have struggled with my weight problem since the age of 3 1/2. I have Cushings and I want to live I'll say it like it is. Once we start getting older the weight does start putting a lot of stress on our hearts and other organs and type2 Diabetes set's in and as we know that destory's our eyes,kidneys and limbs and I'm not one to sit around and waller in self pitty. I've always been able to carry my weight but since my auto accident and back surgery i find it harder to get around and I just have to much in life to live for I will not let myself get confined to a wheel chair down the road. Life is just to short and like I said I have to much to live for. Thank you though so much for your concerns.:blowkiss:

If it's truly what you want I wish nothing but the best for you! I know nothing of Cushing's although I have heard of it...so I am off to do a little more research!
It's so great that you can find and/or have things to look forward to that keep you pushing on...me myself, I'd probably have gave up long ago. Folks like you are an inspiration to me!!!!
Best of luck....oh and I so envy you for that cruise!!!! But you will surely deserve it! Hope all goes well...may prayers...

Am I the only one who is thoroughly disgusted by the things that I have read on this particular thread? I understand that people have different views on different topics and I respect that, however a good many posts on here have been downright offensive and inappropriate. People make choices in their lives whether they are purposeful or not. It is a blessing to be thin and be able to eat whatever you want whenever you want, but the fact of the matter is that it is a struggle day in and day out for many people to keep their weight under control.

I have been blessed with a good metabolism and don't really have to watch what I eat in order to stay thin. I enjoy exercise and genuinely love fruits and vegetables and overall healthy eating. My mother is overweight and has been her entire life. She has been told countless times that she was fat and unattractive by both society and her own family. My mother counts calories, exercises etc and still the weight remains. Her problems have increased since menopause. Does this mean she has "let herself go" or that she is "doing herself a misfavour"? Overall statements like overweight people are lazy and unmotivated really are upsetting. Somehow all this translates into the message that these people are defective. Trust me, based on the things I have heard from countless patients, if it was about motivation there would not be a fat person on the planet. No one wants to lose weight more than the overweight. Wanting is not were the issue lies.

My heart goes out to everyone who struggles with their weight. It is a rare sight now days to hear someone who is not at least 5 pounds overweight. Thats simply life. Sure we should exercise more than we should, but its hard. After I work a 14 hour shift at the hospital the last thing I want to do is exercise. Thats reality. I think its fantastic that some people are able to find the time to devote an hour a day solely to fitness. They, like those who are naturally thin, are a minority.

Day in day out I hear women talk about how they cant have this or cant have that because they don't have enough calories left over. They have a piece of fruit and a yogurt and call it a meal all for the ideal that they are thin. You may be thin but you are far from healthy. You are only given one body in this life and you must treat it well. That goes for both ends of the spectrum. We accept people who have addictions to alcohol, drugs, sex, cigarettes but we still don't accept people who have an addiction to food. We still find overweight people acceptable targets for humiliation and ridicule. You never know what a persons story is simply by looking at them. I personally think people who voice opinions such as the ones I have seen on this thread are no better than the bigots and the racists that we as a society so publicly denounce. The only difference is that their hatred is still considered socially acceptable.

Respectfully,
Chloe

Say it again, sister!:blowkiss:

Oh Windchime, I never knew! Good luck with your surgery... I bet you are so excited!!!!

Respectfully,
Chloe
Chloe you are not the only one disgusted. I too have been appalled at some of the things posted. Thank you for your sensible and empathetic post!:blowkiss:

Respectfully,
Chloe

Chloe, I have to say that I agree. But then again there is also an attitude in society to "give me a magic pill" and make the weight melt away. Look at the commercials on TV. There is a culture here in the USA that we are dealing with. I think that is what is fostering a lot of the reactions here. I also think that a lot of people immediately compare thin to healthy, so to say bigger is bad seems plausible.

I don't think that the people posting here on WS are comparable to bigots and racists.

However, I do know that some people don't want to loose weight... how shocked I have seen some people be when I suggest to them that they have to help their child loose weight, when their BMI's are off the charts - even to the point where they have to have a referral to another center for care and evaluation because of it. Often, THE CHILD wants to loose weight but the whole situation may be lost on the parent. How backwards is that? In those situations, I often see this be more of family culture than anything else.

And this is coming from someone who, TRUST ME, personally - I am dieting right now and I am exercising to loose a signifigant amount of weight. Yes, believe me, no one wants to loose the weight more than those of us who are overweight. I won't EVEN begin to post how much I weighed at my most - but it was a LOT! No one could ever guess my weight because I always carried it well. But I still have wayyy more to loose.

I'm sure I probably came off as offensive in my post. I didn't mean to. I realize that some weight problems are genetic. I also don't believe in using health concerns as an excuse to decry people who are overweight.

The only reason I brought it up was because I felt people were advocating throwing caution to the wind about one's own health.

I feel the same way about frighteningly skinny people. It's equally unhealthy in my opinion and just not attractive for me (I know it is for others, and that's fine).

What a beautiful post and to hear a doctor say this means a lot. The reason being is that you are being so honest. Would you agree with me that they are just finally breaking through with the rule that the pitutary,thyroid,adrenal and ovaries that have to do with our weight problems? I was just telling a member that woman who are going through the change of life start putting on a few pounds here and there due to one's hormone levels dropping. Have you ever had a pt. with cushings Chloekins? Do you agree that woman that are starting and going through the change of life even though their thyroid level is low but still in that low normal range should be put on the lowest dose of thryroid meds? Thank you in advance.
WindChime

Respectfully,
Chloe

What a beautiful post and to hear a doctor say this means a lot. The reason being is that you are being so honest. Would you agree with me that they are just finally breaking through with the rule that the pitutary,thyroid,adrenal and ovaries that have to do with our weight problems? I was just telling a member that woman who are going through the change of life start putting on a few pounds here and there due to one's hormone levels dropping. Have you ever had a pt. with cushings Chloekins? Do you agree that woman that are starting and going through the change of life even though their thyroid level is low but still in that low normal range should be put on the lowest dose of thryroid meds? Thank you in advance.
WindChime

Well, I know you were addressing Chloe but as a person with PCOS (completely aside from all that nursing jazz)- I can tell you yes - endocrine issues can effect your weight... just so happened that my large weight gain within a VERY short time period along with severe acne was how I got diagnosed with my PCOS when I was 18 years old and in college after the birth of my 1st child.

I'll let her address the rest.

I'm sure I probably came off as offensive in my post. I didn't mean to. I realize that some weight problems are genetic. I also don't believe in using health concerns as an excuse to decry people who are overweight.

The only reason I brought it up was because I felt people were advocating throwing caution to the wind about one's own health.

I feel the same way about frighteningly skinny people. It's equally unhealthy in my opinion and just not attractive for me (I know it is for others, and that's fine).

I can't speak for others, Paladin, but I wasn't offended by your post - I just responded to you cause you gave me a shout out. :) Hope you didn't think I was being preachy at you - I was just mounting the general soabox and being preachy at the great unknown everyman!!:crazy:

I feel like I know you well enough to know you are not insincere in your beliefs about throwing our hands up in the air about health! I'm with you about that as well!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Senor710
Back