Plea or Tip? Will there be an arrest?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I tend to agree with you. If it's not Gardner, I think the person responsible must be in jail. That would explain perhaps the confusion about "someone" (the KFI email thought Gardner)was being brought to the area by police.
Tink56
This may be an already discussed item, but to anyone who knows, what is "the KFI email thought Garner"?? ... TIA to anyone that knows

The question I want answered is why start a search on an embankment, in a rocky desolate area, in the middle of nowhere, on Friday night? Why did LE feel it necessary to search in the middle of the night?????

Tink56
This may be an already discussed item, but to anyone who knows, what is "the KFI thought Garner"?? ... TIA to anyone that knows

John and Ken on KFI today received an email from someone who allegedly spoke to a Pala LEO who stated Gardner was brought into Pala Friday night by the police.

Julie.... You are brilliant and i think you are right in capital letters... This thing is an animal i grieve for what these girls endured.. How do the parents begin to heal .... His face and eyes are so evil...
i agree 100% and i am in no way familiar with this are (i've never even been to california). someone took them to this exact spot. I do not at all think this was a tip or a hunch given by someone. I still think that the "search" of kit carson? Park was just a ploy to keep media attention away from this area until everything was somewhat squared away. Who discovers a body missing for a year at 3 a.m.? It just doesn't happen that way from my pov, they knew early on last week that he was their man, and amber's family was aware of this too. My only question is why he gave the answers up so easily, since he doesn't seem like the type to break too easily. I'm sorry where this is concerned i don't see how this can be considered a coincidence.

The question I want answered is why start a search on an embankment, in a rocky desolate area, in the middle of nowhere, on Friday night? Why did LE feel it necessary to search in the middle of the night?????

My guess would be to keep the media frenzy down. And if they took JAG out to that area then maybe to keep him safe. Emotions are running high.

After reading in the news articles that someone decided to come forward and give information out because of the Chelsea King case, it would seem to me that someone associated with Gardner, and not he himself, led LE to the body.

? Could the tip have come from a victim of his that he took to this location and that got away. I know it seems far fetched but could that be the reason for the secrecy to protect the identity of the victim, and in anticipation of a testimony during trial. ?

I still think this came from JAG, but I am thinking of other ways that this could have come about.

John and Ken on KFI today received an email from someone who allegedly spoke to a Pala LEO who stated Gardner was brought into Pala Friday night by the police.

Has this been confirmed at all? Not finding any hint of this in this morning's news in San Diego area...it would explain the lateness of the hour depsite weather, etc...if they needed to get him out there safely...

I still think LE is bogging this all down, from the beginning by not properly identifying Chelsea's body, eto...I wonder if they know what they are doing, I hope so. And now they are saying March 19th for next hearing , instead of 18th? Other than one possibly today to figure out gag order status...maybe a ruling on that will free up some facts. Not sure how facts on tip, etc would hurt their case. If JG took them to Amber...come on, why should there be a trial, it will be a very expensive one...

One reason for the very public search at Kit Carson and the secretive middle of the night search might have been that they were concerned that somebody would sneak out to the Pala site to destroy evidence. Which I guess implies concern about an accomplice -- or was that before JAG was arrested?

I have been thinking the late night expedition to the area was to obviously avoid the media frenzy but I think it is possible JAG was with them and led them to the spot. It just seems way too coincidental he is not involved. Amber is gone for over a year, JAG is arrested for a very similar crime and within a few days Ambers body is found.

The issue that keeps me wavering back and forth in regards to JAG cooperating and leading them to Amber as part of a plea is this; If they did offer him a plea I don't know what they could offer him that would be fair. CA doesn't have the death penalty so they can't wave that for a life term so what - they give less than a life sentence for the deaths of 2 girls? Doubtful the DA would be willing to do that considering the publicity surrounding these cases and the backlash from the public.

? Could the tip have come from a victim of his that he took to this location and that got away. I know it seems far fetched but could that be the reason for the secrecy to protect the identity of the victim, and in anticipation of a testimony during trial. ?

I still think this came from JAG, but I am thinking of other ways that this could have come about.

I too believe they are protecting "someone". I don't know why or who, but it's kinda the only thing that makes sense to me at this point.

I have been thinking the late night expedition to the area was to obviously avoid the media frenzy but I think it is possible JAG was with them and led them to the spot. It just seems way too coincidental he is not involved. Amber is gone for over a year, JAG is arrested for a very similar crime and within a few days Ambers body is found.

The issue that keeps me wavering back and forth in regards to JAG cooperating and leading them to Amber as part of a plea is this; If they did offer him a plea I don't know what they could offer him that would be fair. CA doesn't have the death penalty so they can't wave that for a life term so what - they give less than a life sentence for the deaths of 2 girls? Doubtful the DA would be willing to do that considering the publicity surrounding these cases and the backlash from the public.

CA most definitely does have the death penalty. It just takes forever for someone to actually be executed. Some have been on death row for 20+ years. I think that someone was up there long ago that shouldn't have been and didn't report what they saw at the time. They felt guilty and at some point came forward with the information.

Morning all...waiting for news updates for today. Thanks to Nursebee & TravelingBug for great info!

I still think LE is bogging this all down, from the beginning by not properly identifying Chelsea's body, eto...I wonder if they know what they are doing, I hope so.

One possible reason for the delay in identifying Chelsea may be the state of the body, the head may be missing or badly damaged, in which case they would have to wait for DNA results to confirm.

One possible reason for the delay in identifying Chelsea may be the state of the body, the head may be missing or badly damaged, in which case they would have to wait for DNA results to confirm.

It does not seem likely to me that the body would be in very bad shape after 5 days of cool weather...i think they just do not want to disclose cause of death, for whatever reason, before they have to. Am very surprised media is not all over them for withholding this so long.

Oh and the Kit Carson search was either a detractor OR it came up in a GPS device that they found....

Kit Carson search came because of a tip that came in from hair being found in a bag last May by some kids. Parents thought nothing of it so didn't phone it in at the time but in light of Chelsea, called it in Thursday.

Judge Danielson signed a gag order today so I wonder if today's scheduled presser is still going to go forward?

I tend to think LE wasn't that calculating as far as working around media etc as to why search at night, I think possibly all the bad publicity they received as to handling Amber case would lead them to act in speedy manor to recover no matter what time of day, example.. if were notified as to location of amber Friday then didn't want to state didn't start searching till Saturday

Powayparent- thanks for the info that Cal. does have the DP.

Last night I wondered whether it was just a rumor or could it be true that
JG led LE to Amber's remains Friday night. Since then I've thought....

What if LE came to JG and his lawyer with evidence in hand they had found
in their search of his Mother's house, such as a ring or necklace belonging
to Amber?

I could see LE talking double murder charges!

Shouldn't that be enough leverage to get Gardner to take them to Amber's grave ?

Judge Danielson signed a gag order today so I wonder if today's scheduled presser is still going to go forward?

Judge Danielson also signed a protective order for Gardner at the close of the hearing.

Source: Chelsea King Suspect Appears in Court | NBC San Diego
From below article
http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local-beat/Court-Appearance-for-Chelsea-King-Suspect--87117937.html

From what I understand a protective order is not the same as a gag order. Does anyone know for sure?

Protective Order -http://www.lectlaw.com/def2/p103.htm

Gag Order-http://www.answers.com/topic/gag-order
At Tuesday's hearing, Judge David Danielsen signed a protective order barring attorneys and police involved with Gardner's case from releasing any information to the news media.
http://www.10news.com/news/22783378/detail.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member