Plea or Tip? Will there be an arrest?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not following about single or double murder charges. In admitting guilt by leading LE to Amber's remains his likely best case scenario for raping and killing a child is life without parole.

It doesn't make sense that they'd proceed with the hearings if he'd admitted guilt. While it's possible the lead came from something or someone surrounding JAG I think JAG's midnight trip to Pala has been ruled out at this point.

Case vs Gardner pushed out to August 8th. I'm not happy yet understand if it's really "needed" for prosecutors to get their case together then let it be. Should there be any significant development, please send me a private message.

Thanks

Case vs Gardner pushed out to August 8th. I'm not happy yet understand if it's really "needed" for prosecutors to get their case together then let it be. Should there be any significant development, please send me a private message.

Thanks

August? or April?

San Diego Superior Court Judge David Danielsen also issued a gag order in the case. It prohibits law enforcement and attorneys from releasing any information or opinion concerning the trial, or evidence that may be offered or on ongoing investigations related to Gardner.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/09/new-hearing-date-set-and-gag-order-issued-chelsea-/

I don't think (unless it wasn't related to Gardner) that we will be hearing about the source of that tip any time soon.

But reverse logic applies; if we don't hear about the tip or any other suspect the finger is pointing pretty squarely at JG.

Why why why why why are they holding off on the positive identification of Chelsea's body? Why why why? This has bothered me all last night. They could id her and not release COD - I know I know - I've said this already.

Why would they do this? LE has charged JAG with Chelsea's murder - they found a body - yet they are not positively identifying that body as Chelsea - the murder victim?

And that the ID won't be until the prelim hearing which is now the beginning of August!

Why?

Why why why why why are they holding off on the positive identification of Chelsea's body? Why why why? This has bothered me all last night. They could id her and not release COD - I know I know - I've said this already.

Why would they do this? LE has charged JAG with Chelsea's murder - they found a body - yet they are not positively identifying that body as Chelsea - the murder victim?

And that the ID won't be until the prelim hearing which is now the beginning of August!

Why?

Makes me wonder whether he did something to make dental recognition impossible, and they have to wait for DNA matching.

Why?
Way off in left field here. What if they found more than one set of remains at Lake Hodges, and they haven't ID'd the other set(s). Or, also in left field, he is charged with Murder, but murder of whom? If they originally said Chelsea (only), then they might have to have a second trial for a second murder. I'm not sure how the legal goes, but could he not be tried for 2 counts of Murder at once? Yes, I see the holes now that Amber has been found, but they may be working on definitive evidence that JAG is connected to Amber. You see the conundrum? One body found with definitive proof JAG was involved, one without, yet he is a suspect on the second.

Just a couple of left field thoughts.

Her father, Moe, attended today's hearing for Gardner and said he and Amber's mother, Carrie McGonigle, are the only people who represent the true feelings of their family.

The father was reacting to statements by others, including private investigator Bill Garcia, who said he was told that a tip that led investigators to Amber's body did not come from Gardner, who has not been charged in connection with the girl's death.

"The only spokesperson for Amber and Amber's family will be me or Carrie," he said.

http://www.delmartimes.net/news/266...e-murder-charge-in-aug.-4-preliminary-hearing

It's the same thing. In the law it is formally known as a protective order. In layperson's terms it's referred to as a "gag" order. They is no legal mechanism called a "gag" order in the law--only a "protective" order. They can't discuss Chelsea's case. Haven't seen the order so don't know if it extends to anything dealing with JAG outside of that case.

From below article
http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local-beat/Court-Appearance-for-Chelsea-King-Suspect--87117937.html

From what I understand a protective order is not the same as a gag order. Does anyone know for sure?

Protective Order -http://www.lectlaw.com/def2/p103.htm

Gag Order-http://www.answers.com/topic/gag-order

They signed a protective order for JAG to keep him safe from everyone who wants to do him harm. Often, they would keep anyone of his profile out of general population because he could get very hurt. (or dead--see Jeffrey Dahmer)

Makes me wonder whether he did something to make dental recognition impossible, and they have to wait for DNA matching.

I wouldn't think that DNA matching would take very long at all. I mean all they would need is DNA from her parents right. I do wonder as well what the hold up is.

be sure to take Chelsea updates and information to the chelsea forum and the topic of this thread is:
The source of the tip and will the tipster be arrested.

You guys are reverting to a general discussion format and we have this while forum to work with. I can make the Amber discussion one thread if that is what everyone wants.

where this post lands on the thread is random

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4902815#post4902815"]Source of the tip? #2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876