Please Update George's Condition or New Developments Here

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
that would be incompetent --- I till have problems with how much of this is getting out.....all I keep thinking of is HIPPA laws....the hospital shouldn't even be confirming he is still there....this is just so against that law! :furious:

Not necessarily. He could have agreed to go to another facility. It would go to an incompetency hearing only if the family felt that strongly that he needed additional treatment and he refused.

I've dealt with this as well with my sister. It's very hard to get help for people, especially if they don't want it. So I was wondering too if George is staying voluntarily. I hope so. That's would be a good sign.

I feel so bad for GA. It must extremely difficult to deal with all that has happened. Just trying to accept the truth is beyond comprehension. Not even KC's possible guilt, even just the fact that he was unable to protect his Caylee must be tearing him apart. I'm not sure he will ever recover....:(

:blowkiss:Shamrock....I deal with the same thing with my sister, she's a terrible alcoholic. We have tried everything to convince to get help, but unless she wants it, we absolutely cannot force her. It's heartbreaking. I always think my phone will ring with bad news, and I love her so dearly. :( I know if the worse does happen, I will always wonder if I could have done more.

He is probably going voluntarily.

Orlando psychotherapist Dr. Linnda Durre, who is not at all involved in the case, is not treating the Anthonys and has never met them, told Eyewitness News, whether George's hospitalization is voluntary or on a psychiatrist's orders, he could be in for a long stay.

http://www.wftv.com/news/18568548/detail.html#-

BC on Today Show this morning re: GA's Condition

Meredith: Have they spoken to their daughter (in jail) since this happened?

BC: No, they have not been able to speak with Casey.

Why is that?..I know there are only certain times KC can make & accept phone calls (& visits) but under these dire circumstances (also when Caylee's remains were found) an exception can't be made?..I find that very hard to believe & have thought all along the reason why the A's haven't seen her since her arrest months ago is because she's REFUSING any & all communication with them..Just like she did a lot after she was first arrested back in July..Remember how many times they went to see her & were turned away?

If this is an accurate scenario it points even more to her GUILT in my eyes..What about yours? & do you think it's worthy of a discussion in it's own thread?
That interview really bothered me. For one, he pretty much says the reason why George is unable to get a job is because of what the media has reported (I assume over these many months), but yet he keeps running to the media. He shouldn't be biting the hand that feeds him...or strokes his ego. BC can't have it both ways...if he believes it's truly important for his client to heal...then IMO he should back out of the limelight and STOP calling attention to him. Oh...and for pity's sake, stop blaming evryone else for this famuly's ills.

According to JVM on tonight's show, they said that he is probably staying longer due to further evaluation and also the privacy. They mentioned that they didn't think it was a court order (which can be done), but that he may have avoided a court order by voluntarily staying. The panel said that they believe this happened, not only from the stress & heartbreak of losing his granddaughter and not being able to bury her, but that the public and media has played a big part in his breakdown as his whole life is in the media and is being scrutinize by everything. They imagine the media and public scrutiny will only get worse for him once he is released now that details of his suicide letter and details on his breakdown has been released and that this is probably another reason why he is choosing to stay.

that would be incompetent --- I till have problems with how much of this is getting out.....all I keep thinking of is HIPPA laws....the hospital shouldn't even be confirming he is still there....this is just so against that law! :furious:

Actually, under HIPAA (The Health Insurance and Portability Act), hospitals can normally release a one word condition, and confirm that a patient is there, provided that the patient has not said they do not want to be in the hospital's directory (meaning they are not there technically). Normally, mental health admissions and release of medical records are held much more strictly as are those for HIV and substance abuse, however, when it is common knowledge that someone has been admitted, and the family provides updates themselves, we are getting into a different area. I would imagine that permission has been given to update. Sorry to be so wordy but I teach ethics and privacy day in and day out for a large health care system, so I thought I would jump in here.

Sorry correcting myself Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, got to typing to fast. :)

That interview really bothered me. For one, he pretty much says the reason why George is unable to get a job is because of what the media has reported (I assume over these many months), but yet he keeps running to the media. He shouldn't be biting the hand that feeds him...or strokes his ego. BC can't have it both ways...if he believes it's truly important for his client to heal...then IMO he should back out of the limelight and STOP calling attention to him. Oh...and for pity's sake, stop blaming evryone else for this famuly's ills.

ITA. The family was out front and center in a NEGATIVE way from the beginning. Instead of looking for Caylee in a POSITIVE way they chose to behave in another manner.

With the news of the Caylee doll I think this might have been the last straw to tip GA into a clinical depression. If I hear of a hospital psych. employee trying to make money off of GA's hospital stay I'm finished posting for awile so I can heal my brain.

Just a thought---if GA is considered incompetent,will he be able to testify??? I think not.

Maybe just maybe ..George told the Doctors that Cindy is on my last nerve and I would rather die than go back to that house !!

I just had another thought...I hope George does not miss Caylee]s service ..hummm

I feel so bad for GA. It must extremely difficult to deal with all that has happened. Just trying to accept the truth is beyond comprehension. Not even KC's possible guilt, even just the fact that he was unable to protect his Caylee must be tearing him apart. I'm not sure he will ever recover....:(

:blowkiss:Shamrock....I deal with the same thing with my sister, she's a terrible alcoholic. We have tried everything to convince to get help, but unless she wants it, we absolutely cannot force her. It's heartbreaking. I always think my phone will ring with bad news, and I love her so dearly. :( I know if the worse does happen, I will always wonder if I could have done more.

We begged my sister to get help also, she developed throat cancer, almost recovered when she was found to have cancer of bone, brain, liver and kidneys. She passed away shortly afterward and never ever stopped the vodka . She was alcoholic since her teens and was 74 when she passed away. May she rest in peace. Her drinking affected her personality as well as her reasoning abliities , her children refused to help her until the end was near. Guess who went to help each week and took her to appointments , it was a difficult time, to say the least as I was having radiation at the time for breast cancer. I am happy to say I am a survivor.

We begged my sister to get help also, she developed throat cancer, almost recovered when she was found to have cancer of bone, brain, liver and kidneys. She passed away shortly afterward and never ever stopped the vodka . She was alcoholic since her teens and was 74 when she passed away. May she rest in peace. Her drinking affected her personality as well as her reasoning abliities , her children refused to help her until the end was near. Guess who went to help each week and took her to appointments , it was a difficult time, to say the least as I was having radiation at the time for breast cancer. I am happy to say I am a survivor.

Bless You, EasyGruuvin.... Vodka is also the drink of choice of my sister. She is only 42, but has been an alcoholic since we were teens (we are close in age). Too bad I didn't see it coming, maybe I could have done something. Such a helpless feeling, huh?

You did the right thing taking care of your sister, I believe that with all my heart. My sister has lost so much, our brother quit speaking with her a couple of years ago, but I will never desert her. :blowkiss:

Sorry for the O/T. Whether alcohol (a true demon) or mental illness, depression, it's all very difficult for those who love that person. God Bless GA and Yes, CA too.

George Anthony To Remain Hospitalized Another Week

http://www.wftv.com/news/18568548/detail.html

"ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- George Anthony's problems appear to be even more serious than first thought. According to the Anthony family attorney, Brad Conway, he'll stay in the hospital for at least another week after threatening to kill himself.

George Anthony can have visitors, if he wants, with prior doctor's approval. His wife Cindy has been there at least once.

The Anthonys are having financial difficulties, but even if they can't pay for his treatment taxpayers will not be on the hook. Baker Act visits are treated as all others. Either insurance pays or the patient, or the hospital takes a loss. "

There ya go. At least another week. IMO the funeral will be delayed for this as well as any and all questioning that LE desperately wants to do up to, and including, LA.

When is this merry go round going to stop? I'm getting dizzy!

I hope George gets the help he needs..I 'm like the other post
when is this going to stop seams like it's something coming up
everyday and other being brought into this mess Casey did it
put her away for life and leave her

Having been a crime victim in FL (nothing compared to the A's) the state usually pays for the mental health treatment of the victims of a violent crime. I was never hospitalized like GA but all therapy was paid by the state and the cost was supposed to be imposed to the perp. My perp went to school while in prison and worked as a dental tech. I am not sure if the costs for my therapy was taken from his prison pay or not. Even though I had therapy, I was still deposed and set for trial even though he plea bargained. My prayer is for healing for GA. It is a long and hard road. For me almost 20 years later it can seem like yesterday with the right trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro