Poll: Date of body disposal?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What day do you believe KC disposed of Caylee's body?

• on day of death (June 15-June 17)

Votes: 53 8.6%
  • June 18

Votes: 112 18.2%
  • June 19

Votes: 114 18.5%
  • after June 19

Votes: 336 54.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope at some point we finally get to hear the story that KC and JB had cooked up that "would make us all go ahhh.... now we get it!". The one that would also make us nominate KC for Mother of the Year. I betcha' a dollar to a doughnut that HP's alien spacecraft and their threats to the entire planet will make more sense than whatever the real story was going to be. :waitasec:

I can't see the initial burying in the backyard... I like how it fits the timeline, but I can't see her leaving her there. We don't show Casey spending much if any time at the house between the 16th and the alleged gas can incident. If someone found the body - a little piece of bag sticking out or a shred of clothes, or the dogs started digging at it... I just don't see KC leaving her for several days where it would be so easy for something to go wrong.

I do think she considered burying her there, and the work was too hard and time-consuming. You'd have to dig a big hole and then camoflage a big hole in a fairly small yard with not many available spots. Now I don't know what their dirt was like but digging a hole big enough to plant a small tree would take a while and in the heat - and the parents due home from work possibly before she made it look "normal" again... I think she gave up that plan fairly quickly, got Caylee into the trunk and left. I also think GA did not see into the trunk... didn't need to because he got what he was after. He has given a couple of versions of this, but I think she flew past him, got the cans and slammed the trunk down without him getting close enough.

So let's say she double or triple bagged the body and covered it with clothes in the trunk. I think the smell would be contained mostly... it would only be when the bags got moved or torn that the smell would be unbearable. So she could have gotten the gas cans and if he wasn't digging around in the trunk, he would never have known the body was there.

My point being, I think she dumped the body after that incident, whatever day that actually was. I think she was worried he would want to get those "wedges" or whatever out to rotate CA's tires. I think at that point was when the decomp leaked onto the car making it pretty obvious she needed to ditch the car for a while until it cleared up. So I picked after the 19th.
I agree with your thoughts. Body was all bagged up on 24th when the GA and gas can incident happened. That inspired KC to dump the body ASAP. Not sure what she would have done otherwise? Probably the same anyway.
I don't think KC actually buried the body, but I am intrigued that she may have tried and given up and that G & C doing landscaping was to coverup signs of digging?

The weather for June 18th, the day she borrowed the shovel, and the first day she backed the car into the garage was supposed to be "heave rain". Maybe that is why the neighbor took notice of her current and subsequent behavior.

I have to agree with the others that she considered the back yard - hence backing the vehicle in the garage, the borrowing of the shovel, the dogs hitting on the smell. The breaks my heart to write this but I think she had Caylee in bags in the tire well, under the floor board. I read in one of the post the dogs had hit specifically in the tire well and consintrated chlorform was found in the well - were the spare tire goes. i would be curious to know - if they found anything as in a spare tire in the well of the care. If I remember right she had probably used the spare when she got the flat off the freeway. So, there was probably an available space there - this would be why GA did not see anything coming up to the car that day but I think this scared Casey enough into dropping Caylee off on that day. I can only hope that karma comes back in ten folds for such an unspeakable act. After the conviction I am curious to see what happens in Prison - You cannot piss the police off this much and not expect for them to accidently turn there back for a brief moment one day.

So far, I think the death late on the 15th or 16th is accurate. I remain undecided on whether I believe accident or premeditated, but that doesn't matter in this thread. I think the body remained unbagged in the trunk until the 18th. Also I find the burial attempt and subsequent bagging on the 18th to be reasonable.
I realize that my opinion (and I stress Opinion) is in the distinct minority here, but I believe the body was placed at the crime scene on June 23.
I really think that it was a poor and risky location, and therefore Casey put the bag there in a panic mode, thinking that she would come back later, retrieve the bag and put it in a more remote area. I don't think that location was planned by Casey. I think the "pings" down by the airport were scouting trips, both before and after the 23rd.
On both the 23rd and 24th, Casey had reason to panic. On the 23rd, she ran out of gas and risked the body being noticed in the trunk, and of course there was the incident with George on the 24th.
I tend to rule out the 24th, despite this being LP's theory. (Also, I think many here might be influenced by his proclamations.) Casey left George quickly, and there was great tension between them. I don't think Casey would have (when she exited) driven up the street, turned right and parked a 100 feet from the intersection, opened the trunk and grabbed the bag to toss out into the thick vegetation. There was far to much risk that George might have chased her (afterall, she couldn't be certain he didn't get a whiff of the smell) or he might have left the house for work or other errand right after her. If that were to happen, there would be no way he'd miss seeing her. Even if it took her only 90 seconds to do the deed, she wouldn't risk it.
There has been some speculation that Casey ran out of gas on the 20th in that area. This might be true, but the only documentation that I have seen is the text to Amy claiming to run out of gas 2 Fridays in succession. We know she claims the 27th at Amscot, and by subtracting 7 days brings us back to the 20th. I think that text may be inaccurate. TL claimed in his statement that it was the 23rd, and goes on to state that this was the day that he used a tire iron to break the lock on George's shed to take the gas cans. In the Greta interview http://www.foxnews.com/video/index....ralObject=2963763&referralPlaylistId=playlist Greta asks George when was the last time he accessed the shed.
GA: Could have been that Sunday the 22nd
Greta: As best you can tell, it happened between the 22nd and the 24th?
GA: Uh huh.
I think Casey ran out of gas close to the corner after leaving her house on the 23rd. Instead of turning left as she might normally do, she turned right and coasted as far as she could. She had to decide what to do. One choice would be to walk home and try to figure out how to break the lock to get at the gas, and then lug (I use "lug" instead of "carry" to emphasize Casey's laziness) the gas 4 tenths of a mile back to her car. With this choice she only had to worry about her car being unattended while she was gone. Her second choice was to call TL and have him come running to fix her problem. BUT, she did not want TL to see the bag inside the trunk, and actually didn't want him close to the car at all. She decided then to temporarily remove the bag, thinking that she would retrieve it later. But she didn't, and now regrets that.
Anyway, those are my thoughts, and if this case continues to take twists and turns as it has, my thoughts will probably change. (Won't change as much as LP's though:rolleyes:)

TL claimed in his statement that it was the 23rd, and goes on to state that this was the day that he used a tire iron to break the lock on George's shed to take the gas cans.

I thought TL's statement was that he stayed in the car and KC got the cans on her own? I could have missed something though...?

I think Casey ran out of gas close to the corner after leaving her house on the 23rd. Instead of turning left as she might normally do, she turned right and coasted as far as she could. She had to decide what to do. One choice would be to walk home and try to figure out how to break the lock to get at the gas, and then lug (I use "lug" instead of "carry" to emphasize Casey's laziness) the gas 4 tenths of a mile back to her car. With this choice she only had to worry about her car being unattended while she was gone. Her second choice was to call TL and have him come running to fix her problem. BUT, she did not want TL to see the bag inside the trunk, and actually didn't want him close to the car at all. She decided then to temporarily remove the bag, thinking that she would retrieve it later. But she didn't, and now regrets that.

I like this theory. Does TL say her car was out of gas near there that day?

I have been thinking about how the "where" fits into the "why" and the "when". I believe she knew she had to dump it because the smell was getting worse and GA might come back for the wedges... But I was assuming she had gas in the car at the time of the drop-off so she could speed away in case of a problem, like one of those crazy teenagers who "hang out" there in the woods :rolleyes:. I would think she would probably be sweaty and smelly after the drop off, and not really want anyone to get too close to her until she had a chance to clean herself up a little.

I think I will go back and look at TL's interview again and see if that fits.

I think it may have been the 20th. She told Amy that she ran out of gas on the 20th. It has not been disclosed where she ran out of gas, only, nearby her home. If she ran out of gas in that spot, or drifted as she was running out of gas, she may have disposed of Caylee at that time. She would certainly not want to be caught with the body in her car. The neighbor saw the car backed in the driveway late evening on the 20th so she may have left there after dark. I read somewhere that TL picked her up jogging on Chickasaw after she had run out of gas. She may have waited till the 23rd to get the gas cans,, because that's when the neighbor saw KC and a male get out of a dark green truck and enter the garage. I know she would probably not have left the car in that spot, so she may have somehow gotten the car moved over toward the school so no one would be suspicious. I am sure the LE has asked TL where the car was when they put gas in it and that has not been disclosed.

I just thought of another theory! What if she ran out of gas in that spot on the 18th and called GA to bring the gas can. He may not have thought to mention this to LE at the time, but now he knows she was right there!

I have to agree with the others that she considered the back yard - hence backing the vehicle in the garage, the borrowing of the shovel, the dogs hitting on the smell. The breaks my heart to write this but I think she had Caylee in bags in the tire well, under the floor board. I read in one of the post the dogs had hit specifically in the tire well and consintrated chlorform was found in the well - were the spare tire goes. i would be curious to know - if they found anything as in a spare tire in the well of the care. If I remember right she had probably used the spare when she got the flat off the freeway. So, there was probably an available space there - this would be why GA did not see anything coming up to the car that day but I think this scared Casey enough into dropping Caylee off on that day. I can only hope that karma comes back in ten folds for such an unspeakable act. After the conviction I am curious to see what happens in Prison - You cannot piss the police off this much and not expect for them to accidently turn there back for a brief moment one day.

I also think she dumped the body on the 24th, after the scare with George. I think Caylee was in the trunk then. As far as backing the car up. I think she laid Caylee on the ground in the back yard to wrap her up in whatever else might be in the bag. Bedding, whatever. Or just to put her in the plastic bag (s).

There is no access into the backyard through the garage. There is a service door to the side of the garage, but it is in the front yard. There is a service door into the house, as well.

I thought TL's statement was that he stayed in the car and KC got the cans on her own? I could have missed something though...? [snipped]
I like this theory. Does TL say her car was out of gas near there that day?
I think I will go back and look at TL's interview again and see if that fits.

http://www.wesh.com/download/2008/1126/18155354.pdf
Page 2316
(Synopsis of TL's statements by Law Enforcement Officials)
"Anthony also added some details about the day he and Casey went to the Hopespring address to get gas cans. This was the first time Casey had called him about running out of gas somewhere near her residence on Hopespring Drive. This happened on June 23rd.......The shed with the gasoline was locked, so he used a tire iron to pry the lock open....... They returned to her car where she insisted on putting the gas in her car. All he did was hand the gas cans to her."

I really hope LE has something masterfully shocking up their sleeves...I really really do....because otherwise KC is going to walk.....More people on here believe the LP theory than the body farm evidence....

Caylee is last seen on the 16th....body farm says 2.6 days....which would be around the 18/19 which is the time frame she was borrowing the shovel....clearly she is trying to dispose of the body at this point...the last day she backs her car into the garage is the 20th....this behavior ceases after that date...evidence-wise, what things point to her being in the car longer?

I really hope LE has something masterfully shocking up their sleeves...I really really do....because otherwise KC is going to walk.....More people on here believe the LP theory than the body farm evidence....

Caylee is last seen on the 16th....body farm says 2.6 days....which would be around the 18/19 which is the time frame she was borrowing the shovel....clearly she is trying to dispose of the body at this point...the last day she backs her car into the garage is the 20th....this behavior ceases after that date...evidence-wise, what things point to her being in the car longer?
KC was very nervous about GA getting anywhere near the car on 24th. Perhaps indicating she had something to hide in her trunk (Car's trunk)

Could it be that she was trying to hide the stain? Just wondering.
It could be, but I can't imagine her being very worried about her father finding a smelly stain in her car. Easily explained as something spilled and started to go off in the heat. Just one example from my life, (I just did the math and it was 40years ago!): A friend of mine had a bottle of milk break in the trunk of his car. (We had glass milk bottles in olden days). He cleaned it and washed it several times, but after a few days the SMELL started! It was diabolical and remained in that car for as long as I can remember. Point is, such a thing can be explained.

I do not discoun t the 2.6 days but, the day with GA and not wanting him to get near the trunk makes me wonder. I am sure this has been brought up before but depending on what she had wrapped/put Caylee in or (as others have mentioned) sprayed on Caylee ...would that not alter that time time frame?

I do not discoun t the 2.6 days but, the day with GA and not wanting him to get near the trunk makes me wonder. I am sure this has been brought up before but depending on what she had wrapped/put Caylee in or (as others have mentioned) sprayed on Caylee ...would that not alter that time time frame?
I think that after 2.6 days is when KC wrapped, double bagged, and sealed tight with duct tape. Body certainly continuing to decompose, but little or no vapours escaping into the trunk. That done 19th and body could have been dumped right away. I can accept it may well have been dumped on 19th or 20th, but I think the fact that KC was so nervous about GA coming near her car suggests the body was still in the trunk. My hypothesis is that after the near miss of GA seeing in the trunk, KC dumped the body ASAP 24th June.

GA says in one of his interviews how meticulous he is about cleaning all their cars, as he is a former "car guy" back when they lived in Ohio...also, she knew her dad was former LE....put those two things together and that makes him the last person on Earth she would have wanted to find that stain in her trunk....

I think around the 18-19. I really do not think in the Florida heat she could have been driving around with a decomposing body in her trunk for a week . I have read a post/w link about the stages of decomp. Things happen pretty fast, even after three days it is pretty bad. After a week I could not even imagine.

She didn't want GA near the trunk because it was smelling. Why GA didn't smell it I have no idea. Either way if it was just the fluids smelling or the body itself in that trunk he says he didn't smell anything. Maybe the breeze was taking the smell in a different direction.

We know she was in there and fluids were left behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez