Poll: Do you think LE will allow Casey 8 hr long visits with JB again?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Do you think LE will allow the long visits to JB's office again?

• Yes

Votes: 206 81.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 18.6%

• Total voters
Yeah think about the brownies........wtf is up with that? I am sorry but that is something a elementary school student would do for a birthday or for the teacher.......I really think Casey has the mind of a child at times or at least wants everybody to believe that.

I really think she is a nympho

A law degree later and Jose' Baez is running a daycare center for wayward sociopaths.

Who is footing the bill for his time. Where I live a defendant gets a Public Defender if they can't afford a lawyer. The State funds the Public Defenders Office.

I realize this may not be the case in Florida. If he is a court appointted attorney is the State footing his bill. How can he possibly bill the State of Florida when he is merely babysitting his client. If the State is footing the Bill what is Rate per Hour, State Funds are a matter of public record. As I am not a resident of Florida I would have not standing in request a Freedom of Information Request for his Billing Hours.

I have worked for Defense Lawyers in the Federal System and am very well aware of the records they are required to keep.

Well while Casey may not actually be working on her case, or seeking advice from counsel the whole time, I am confident some of the time is spent regarding her seeking legal counsel.

If LE tries to limit her time, particularly in the future where it appears there may be impending charges, she could argue LE impeded her time with counsel and therefore their defense is insufficient. So it's a catch 22. Really, she's on bail and has every right to be there with JB.

She could meet with her attorney at HER house. She is the one who broke the laws and is therby sentenced to be on HOME CONFINEMENT. She has a right to talk with her lawyer, but NOT to be surfing the web at his office. THAT is not her CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT...The lines are getting oh so blurry in this case.

I don't think she was ever told that she couldn't use the internet. Why wouldn't she be able to ? She's still innocent til proven guilty, the only reason she's on house arrest is to make sure she doesn't try to skip out on her bail/court.
The internet/phone was related to the phone lines being open to monitor her home confinement. If she has internet through her cable or service that doesn't interfere with the phone lines, I don't think there are any restrictions on her internet or her ability to use a cel phone or any other phone that doesn't interfere with her monitoring device.

Well while Casey may not actually be working on her case, or seeking advice from counsel the whole time, I am confident some of the time is spent regarding her seeking legal counsel.

If LE tries to limit her time, particularly in the future where it appears there may be impending charges, she could argue LE impeded her time with counsel and therefore their defense is insufficient. So it's a catch 22. Really, she's on bail and has every right to be there with JB.

I completely agree -- LE can't/won't limit the house arrest conditions re: Casey's time with Baez. It's interesting though, because using the most modest estimates -- 6 hrs/day with Baez, Baez billing 300$/hr-- each day at the office would normally cost 1,800$ a DAY. Not including all the other fees/costs usually included in the bill (copies, research fees, etc.)

I tend to think at some point Casey believed everything she did within the office walls would be protected by atty client/work product privilege. However, if she was making calls/emailing/instant messaging/interacting with any non-attorneys, records and documentation of those communications would be fair game as evidence against her at trial. I can't imagine she was able to restrain herself from contacting people while sitting in Baez's office all day, under the cloak of illusory protection, so I hope this behavior is brought to light and used against her.

I think the extended visits she was having before may be cut and she be allowed a normal visit. I thought Baez already was somewhat reprimanded for the last long visit because he kept calling in to get permission for her to stay longer.

From what he's said, they are spending all this time together to go over that 400 page report with a fine tooth comb to prove who's lying and who isn't.

What about spending that time to tell where Caylee was dumped????? Do something productive with your life, Casey.. for the first time ever!!!

What's his phone number? I can clear that up for him in about 20 seconds... ;)

I am almost positive that the terms of KC's first bail was that she stay away from the internet- someone here at WS posted the requirements but it's so far back in the old threads it would take hours to find them.

My feelings are that the only reasons KC wants to spend so much time at JB's office is 1) so she doesn't have to stare at her parents all day, and 2) so she can skirt the requirements of her bail.

It is the court's decision on the bond requirements. LE does not have anything to do with it unless she violates the conditions and then the court will issue an order to pick her up.

I am almost positive that the terms of KC's first bail was that she stay away from the internet- someone here at WS posted the requirements but it's so far back in the old threads it would take hours to find them.

My feelings are that the only reasons KC wants to spend so much time at JB's office is 1) so she doesn't have to stare at her parents all day, and 2) so she can skirt the requirements of her bail.

She is allowed on the internet. There is nothing in the house confinement handbook in regards to the internet.

If it was a condition of bond, it would be on the bonding documents. Which it is not.

yeah, LE will allow it, they have no choice. Maybe it's JB telling them that they need 8 hours a day to discuss her defense.

Blech.

Why does this poll exist? Is there some doubt that she can meet/has the right to meet with her lawyer? I don't understand this thread???

Yes, they will allow it. They can't stop it. It would look bad if LE tried to stop a client from meeting with their lawyer even tho the whole world can see this is just a sham to get her out of the house and enjoying herself at his office. It would look like they were taking away her rights to councel etc etc.

Yes, it is annoying and so clearly a violation of the spirit of the provision.

But you are right....LE or DA cannot touch that with a ten-foot pole since it would create an issue for the defense (whine, whine). All LE/DA can do is go tsk! When KC goes beyond her allotted time, they have also cut some slack.

Consider: It's all good--feed the feelings of invincibility and overconfidence since it may create really useful missteps!

I too would prefer attorney in-house visits...that way at least, her computer use would be subject to a warrant.

KC must be going nuts knowing now that her txts etc are being surveilled.

Ha ha ha.

: )

I'm hoping they confiscate that computer also. She's been very busy online since her last chunk of freedom. Maybe she's spending her time here like her mother and reading what everyone is posting about her. :chicken:

KC has no life except the virtual one now that she has been under home confinement terms.

LE has probably installed a keystroke monitoring program. But they can take out and duplicate the HD again, just as before.

I hope she keys to her little coal black heart's content.

Why does this poll exist? Is there some doubt that she can meet/has the right to meet with her lawyer? I don't understand this thread???

Have to agree. But it's Friday night and maybe we WSer's need our version of the Fusian Ultra Lounge....:crazy:

LE can not limit her time with her clown oops my bad , I mean her attorney.

I suppose it is considered prepping a client?
Getting her ready for the trial?
Dunno why the she won't be getting on the stand anyway.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roiana
Back