POLL: Has the DNA evidence changed your theory on who killed Jonbenet?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Who do you believe killed Jonbenet?

• John and/or Patsy Ramsey

Votes: 104 53.3%
  • Burke Ramsey

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • A friend of the Ramsey's that they covered for

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • an intruder

Votes: 76 39.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Standard testing five years ago turned up the panty DNA, right?

Because we know JB's DNA was left that night, and it had the full 13. That's why, among other reasons.

Standard DNA tests are much more revealing than they were years ago.

10 loci is not a full profile. JB's had a full profile. This did not. highly unlikely it could have been from that night.

Lacy would look on the netherside of hell if she thought she'd find an intruder.

Exactly SD. 10 IS NOT A FULL PROFILE. 13 is. And we don't have 13. We have 13 with JB's though.

Because we know JB's DNA was left that night, and it had the full 13. That's why, among other reasons.

Yes, exactly. No problem whatsoever getting the full 13 with hers and since the murdered supposedly left his, why is it partial? It is partial because it is degraded; It is degraded because it is older. It is older and therefore was not put there the night of the murder.

It's easy to exclude a person if you can find NO PROOF that they were at the murder scene.

That's why most people while they believe this touch dna might be proof of a 'stranger'... are shocked that Lacy would pretend this is enough evidence to exclude a person she KNOWS was there.

Especially since Lacy herself once admitted it is possible the dna has NOTHING to do with the case. This 360 degree turn stinks to high heaven. And if she doesn't understand how illogical her new announcement was.... then she's UNFIT to be a dog catcher... let alone a DA.

She went to a seminar about this new technology. She thought enough to send out evidence to be tested. Open mind. That is a good thing.

Yeah.

The fact that they got 13 LOCI with JB's DNA gives no indication about the time in which the other DNA was deposited. There just wasn't enough DNA (or it wasn't in good enough condition) to get 13 LOCI with the other DNA. This doesn't mean that it was deposited earlier than JB's.

The problem, Tex, is that she's not open minded. She refused help from people who had worked the case, never even attempted to contact them, and on and on.

Alex Hunter was a lousy DA, but he'd listen to what everyone had to say. Even his detractors admit that. Lacy is like Paul Simon's "Boxer:" hears what she wants to hear and disregards the rest.

Yeah.

The fact that they got 13 LOCI with JB's DNA gives no indication about the time in which the other DNA was deposited. There just wasn't enough DNA (or it wasn't in good enough condition) to get 13 LOCI with the other DNA. This doesn't mean that it was deposited earlier than JB's.

Yes, but we have two different DNAs and the DA is saying that the murderer left his DNA in her underwear that night - yet it is degraded; JonBenet's is mixed with the DNA from the "murderer", Why is hers not degraded. Because hers was deposited there that night. Also, the DNA on the leggings has only 10 markers, that is also degraded.

No.

I havn't changed my theory - I still lean towards RDI.

We don't yet know (and we may never know) who's DNA this is - the 3 points of contact; two in the longjhons and one in the panties. It could turn out that it doesn't belong to the killer.

I don't particularly care for the Ramsey's. But at the same time I truly do not believe they killed their daughter.
I have relatives involved with dance/pagents...they spend obscene amounts of time and money doing this activity and make our little neice up to look like a 25 year old and it disturbs me that they encourage/allow the make up and costumes. To me kids should be kids for as long as possible....plenty of time to be grown up later!

IMO the Ramseys DID contribute to their daughters death in this fashion: a
stalker/pervert saw her, targeted her and murdered her after seeing her in her made up, costumed glory at one of these affairs.

So if you can believe that Patsy was a pageant diva mother and that that behavior is wrong, why can't you take it to the next logical step and believe that because JB was dressed that provocatively that it was John who went after her? As horrifying a thought as it is, incest happens all the time, far more often than stranger attacks.

Yes, but we have two different DNAs and the DA is saying that the murderer left his DNA in her underwear that night - yet it is degraded; JonBenet's is mixed with the DNA from the "murderer", Why is hers not degraded. Because hers was deposited there that night. Also, the DNA on the leggings has only 10 markers, that is also degraded.

Because hers was from blood:confused:

Yes, exactly. No problem whatsoever getting the full 13 with hers and since the murdered supposedly left his, why is it partial It is partial because it is degraded; It is degraded because it is older. It is older and therefore was not put there the night of the murder.
It is partial most likely because there was a much smaller amount (still enough to do STR testing thought). But even if it was more degraded doesn't mean its older. To argue that it is more degraded because it is older is a non-sequitur.

Yes, but we have two different DNAs and the DA is saying that the murderer left his DNA in her underwear that night - yet it is degraded; JonBenet's is mixed with the DNA from the "murderer", Why is hers not degraded. Because hers was deposited there that night.
Non-sequitur.
Also, the DNA on the leggings has only 10 markers, that is also degraded.
Where do you read that?

So if you can believe that Patsy was a pageant diva mother and that that behavior is wrong, why can't you take it to the next logical step and believe that because JB was dressed that provocatively that it was John who went after her? As horrifying a thought as it is, incest happens all the time, far more often than stranger attacks.

I have another point: since tex pointed out to me that pedophile killers exist (not that he had to, given the state I live in), he probably also knows that they don't just kill once and stop. They can't stop. You can't cure these people. And, since these pageants have not ceased since JB's death, you'd think there would have been an epidemic of crimes like this in the intervening decade.

Nope.

ONE!

Because hers was from blood

DNA is DNA, is it not?

Non-sequitur. Where do you read that?

Jayce Honey,

Your obsessed with Latin. We all took it, but lets not go overboard with its usage, it is very telling. Its similar to when someone finishes their first psychology course - everyone is getting analyzed.

SuperDave and Solace,

We don't know why they got 10 LOCI... its likely because there was only a small amount of DNA. There is no way, though, that one can argue that DNA degradation due to time is relevant here. There are many things that can cause DNA to degrade, time is one of them. But degradation due to time takes a long, long time. Way too long for there to be any difference between JB's DNA and the DNA found.

We don't know why they got 10 LOCI... its likely because there was only a small amount of DNA.

Well, fine. it's just that if he was pawing all over her, you'd expect a lot.

There is no way, though, that one can argue that DNA degradation due to time is relevant here. There are many things that can cause DNA to degrade, time is one of them. But degradation due to time takes a long, long time. Way too long for there to be any difference between JB's DNA and the DNA found.

Any better ideas?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back