Poll: Was Shannan Gilbert Murdered?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Was Shannan Gilbert Murdered?

• Yes, and I have a POI in mind (and he's among those who can be talked about at WS)

Votes: 33 14.3%
  • Yes, and I have a POI in mind (though he's not presently among those who can be talked about here)

Votes: 15 6.5%
  • Yes, I think she was, and I have some theories, but no specific person in mind.

Votes: 59 25.5%
  • If I had to guess, I'd guess that "yes", she was murdered.

Votes: 65 28.1%
  • If I had to guess, I'd guess that "no", she was not murdered.

Votes: 32 13.9%
  • No, I firmly believe (think) Shannan Gilbert was not murdered.

Votes: 27 11.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole phone call thing from CPH to MG is fuzzy. I think its a key piece to this puzzle that needs to be layed out (facts) in a detailed timeline. Can anyone do that?

shadowraiths started a thread called "Let's talk about the letters." It might tell you a few things about the CPH side of things. Shannan's mom Mari first spoke about the calls on a radio show if I remember correctly - I'll try to find the link for you...
Scandi are you around? I know you remember the title of the show - something about sisters...Mountain Kat? Anyone?

The Foreigner started a thread called "Shannan Gilbert Timeline" that is an excellent place to start..post #1 speaks to the calls...

Still looking for the radio interview...

The interview was on Hear Women Talk on Zeus Radio. I have looked up this site but cannot find it. There is an archive section, but didn't find it. Maybe someone else will have better luck. Or it may have been removed.

(snipped a piece)
seems veryyyy likely that he did---loooong way to go for a "first-time" client, especially at that time of night, regardless of the $

Although in an interveiw (not sure which one but when I come across I will update this post) MP says that he didn't really want to go that far and kept asking SG how much longer they had to drive as if he had never been out there before. SG set up the dates I'm sure so who knows maybe she had been there before but then wouldn't she know where she was when calling 911?

The interview was on Hear Women Talk on Zeus Radio. I have looked up this site but cannot find it. There is an archive section, but didn't find it. Maybe someone else will have better luck. Or it may have been removed.

Hi Redbird,
HereWomenTalk.com on zeus radio. You are correct - that particular interview doesn't seem to be archived and is not available - at least I can't find it!!:banghead: If I do a search on W/S it directs me to post #42 on the Shannan Gilbert Timeline thread...part of it is quoted there...
You (not you Redbird) may want to search under a different spelling of Shannan's name - Shannon with an "O." The first media reports spelled her name with both an "A" and an "O."

I know there are some very in depth discussions on this board. But to be honest they are very crowded with heresay. SOme of the bigger accusations are not backed up by fact.
I based alot of what I thought on the fact that SGs body was being held/hidden and MG could not bury her. That turned out to be untrue.

I know there are some very in depth discussions on this board. But to be honest they are very crowded with heresay. SOme of the bigger accusations are not backed up by fact.
I based alot of what I thought on the fact that SGs body was being held/hidden and MG could not bury her. That turned out to be untrue.

Just curious. I know you feel mislead by the info out there about the release of SG body. Do you also feel mislead about the phone calls from CPH?

It pretty much comes down to this; Where is Shannan's body? That should be pretty easy to answer. The next question should be if the body is still with the M.E. is WHY. That has a lot of room for BS. One thing I do know is you don't keep a body on ice for a year because the family doesn't have the money to do an independent autopsy. If that is the case it would be much cheaper for the ME to cut a check to the family and allow them to hire their own pathologist.

Just curious. I know you feel mislead by the info out there about the release of SG body. Do you also feel mislead about the phone calls from CPH?

Not yet. SG went missing, Diaz and Pak showed up, CPH called MG 3 times, CPH denied it, then CPH admitted it.

Thats it right?

It pretty much comes down to this; Where is Shannan's body? That should be pretty easy to answer. The next question should be if the body is still with the M.E. is WHY. That has a lot of room for BS. One thing I do know is you don't keep a body on ice for a year because the family doesn't have the money to do an independent autopsy. If that is the case it would be much cheaper for the ME to cut a check to the family and allow them to hire their own pathologist.

I have never heard of a body being held so long. You cannot (or atleast I have not seen) get a straight answer from MG on this subject.

Not yet. SG went missing, Diaz and Pak showed up, CPH called MG 3 times, CPH denied it, then CPH admitted it.

Thats it right?

Seems pretty cut and dried doesn't it.
Without that lie would anybody think he was involved?
That lie is the only reason I had seriously considered him.
Why lie? Uggh thiis crazy making!

Good point Hawk!

Seems pretty cut and dried doesn't it.
Without that lie would anybody think he was involved?
That lie is the only reason I had seriously considered him.
Why lie? Uggh thiis crazy making!

What was said between CPH, PAK, and Diaz?

Sometimes I get more and more confused the more I go looking for answers. MG told the post this,

"We all heard the last 911 call," Gilbert's mother, Mari, told The Post at her home in upstate Ellenville. "[Shannan] was screaming the person's name [and saying,] 'He is trying to kill me!' She was saying, 'Help me! Help me! Help me!'
"She was trying to escape. We know who it is."

http://m.nypost.com/p/news/local/craigslist_murder_rampage_Zkktd4Se9WQoznhlUq4SzN

Really? I thought she hadn't heard the call which was why she was supporting the foil request for release of the tapes.

Also on Theforeigners timeline

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-159244.html

it says that MG got the calls from the doctor on may 2nd. (Do phone records support that date?) I thought I saw the phone records published somewhere before. Well then the timeline say AD and MP went back out to OB on the third. So where did we get the idea that MP and AD had given the Doc. the #? I know I have this info somewhere in the mass of mixed up files in my head.

Thats it right?

I'm not so sure about this. The clip were CPH denies calling MG is an edited clip that doesn't include the question asked, or what CPH said leading up to his words,"I never called her", or what was said after. Phone records show two calls to MG, the third call(first actually)was said to be made from SG's throwaway phone or a throwaway CPH had because there are no records of it.
If the question CPH was answering in the video clip was "Did you call MG the day after SG disappeared?", the answer in the clip is true, but we don't get to hear the actual question. The editing makes it more interesting but less informative.

MP says that he didn't really want to go that far and kept asking SG how much longer they had to drive as if he had never been out there before. SG set up the dates I'm sure so who knows maybe she had been there before but then wouldn't she know where she was when calling 911?

I place zero credibility in whatever MP says. If SG knew where she was going, and MP did not; how is it possible that SG could not tell 911 where she was. Obviously MP is telling us what he wants us to believe.

What was said between CPH, PAK, and Diaz?

This I believe is the key to the solution. MP claims he and Diaz returned to Oak Beach to look for SG. Now we know they did not visit every house in the neighborhood. How is it they selected CPH's? MP does not admit knowing or meeting CPH previously. Was it just a random coincidence?

CPH got Mari's phone number supposedly from MP and Diaz at the time of this visit. Why would MP give Mari's number to CPH. Just because CPH asked for it?

If Diaz and MP were really searching for SG, they would have spent many hours in Oak Beach. Trying to retrace SG's steps, maybe even looking on the paths in the marsh.

It is my understanding MP and Diaz left soon after meeting CPH. Why? because CPH had told them where SG really was and it would make no sense for them to search Oak Beach or the marsh because SG was not there now.

MOO

Does anybody have a link to the actual phone records? I thought I saw them published Somewhere before. @MCME so is what you are saying is that two of the calls were made from cph phone and the third from a different # ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RLP