GUILTY PORTUGAL - Valentina Fonseca, 9, found deceased, Peniche, 7 May 2020 *father, stepmother arrested*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The Madeleine McCann case has bothered me forever!!

the fact that they’re spinning two parallel stories to me is bothersome.. the door was unlocked and there was a strange vehicle but ALSO she took her coat and oh she also sleepwalks?
how would step mom even remember that she forgot to lock the door, why couldn’t Valentina have left that way and left it unlocked?
The extra details seem to be purposefully painting a picture and I can’t help but think somethings fishy!

The Madeleine McCann case has bothered me forever!!

the fact that they’re spinning two parallel stories to me is bothersome.. the door was unlocked and there was a strange vehicle but ALSO she took her coat and oh she also sleepwalks?
how would step mom even remember that she forgot to lock the door, why couldn’t Valentina have left that way and left it unlocked?
The extra details seem to be purposefully painting a picture and I can’t help but think somethings fishy!
They have a new baby in that home, would she really be able to leave the home so quietly that a couple who are most likely waking up a bunch of times during the night because of the baby, wouldn't even notice any noise? This is literally the hardest time to run away. The dad and the stepmother were probably constantly waking up and would hear literally every noise.

Okay so, this is the father's house from where she went missing:

IyZha8I.png

This is the house and a nearby dam:

2ADyXQC.png

This is the home and the closest beach:

zWHtWfK.png

Google Maps says it would take her 19 minutes to walk from the house up to the dam:

tH7tSe6.png

Walking to the beach would take 45 minutes:

bLhGGJG.png

As you can see, the general area of the house is surrounded by a lot of land and searching is probably a nightmare. In my opinion, it would be pretty doable for a 9-year-old to walk the distance up to the dam, but I don't know about walking all the way up to the beach. If she did ran away on her own, the dam is probably a big problem here. If she was snatched by someone or if there was foul play, there are plenty of places to hide her. There is a Fort at the beach.

The only other abducted from the bed case in Portugal was Madeleine McCann and we all now how that most likely didn't happen that way. In general, real abducted from bed cases are very rare. The father seems to believe she left on her own and wasn't abducted.
I tend to believe the father is responsible for her being gone. IMO

she was abducted from her bed but the abductor took the time to find and take her blue jacket??
um, no
The jacket doesn't fit the abduction theory or the run away theory. I just can't believe a 9-year-old didn't feel the need to change into regular, outside clothes and shoes that she could walk better in, but would remember to take a jacket. And, if she was abducted, I don't believe the perp would be like "oh yeah, better waste some time and look for a jacket for the kid".

I tend to believe the father is responsible for her being gone. IMO
I believe one or both of the adults in the home might have contributed to her disappearance in one way or another, even if it wasn't purposefully.

Valentina Fonseca, 9, went missing from her father's home in the early hours of May 7, between 1:30 and 8 AM. She was last seen at around 1:30 AM and was reported missing at 8:30 AM. The family went to bed at 11 PM, Valentina's father woke up at around 1:30 AM and, passing by his daughter's bedroom, tucked in her blankets. He realized she was missing when he went to wake her up at 8 AM.
Her parents are separated but have joint custody. She was living with her father and her stepmother at the time of her disappearance.
A neighbor reported that she noticed a suspicious red vehicle parked on the street at around 1:30 AM. She noticed the vehicle because it didn't belong to any of the neighbors and wasn't usually parked there. It was also reported that the stepmother forgot to lock the home's door on the night Valentina went missing.
Valentina was wearing her pajamas, a blue jacket that her father eventually noticed that was missing, and white slippers.
This is not the first time the 9-year-old went missing. She "ran away" last year around Easter time but was quickly found safe.

valentina_770x433_acf_cropped.jpg

PJ investiga desaparecimento de criança de nove anos em Peniche. Carrinha vermelha levanta suspeitas / LE investigates the disappearance of a 9-year-old child in Peniche. Red van raises suspicion

GNR procura criança de nove anos desaparecida em Peniche / LE looks for missing nine-year-old child in Peniche
Seems very young age to be a runaway in the past. There must be a reason she had run away from that home before.
Very convenient that the step mother forgot to lock the door that night.

Seems very young age to be a runaway in the past. There must be a reason she had run away from that home before.
Very convenient that the step mother forgot to lock the door that night.
She ran away last year, was found by locals crying and said that she missed her mom. That also happened under her father's care. She has been in her dad's home for 8 days, and was supposed to stay there for the whole month. Dad hasn't lived in this house/area for a year, Valentina couldn't have known the area very well. If she ran away, which I don't really believe she did, she's in big trouble.

She ran away last year, was found by locals crying and said that she missed her mom. That also happened under her father's care. She has been in her dad's home for 8 days, and was supposed to stay there for the whole month. Dad hasn't lived in this house/area for a year, Valentina couldn't have known the area very well. If she ran away, which I don't really believe she did, she's in big trouble.
I don’t think she ran away. I do think that there must be a reason besides just missing her mom that a 9 year old would feel the need to run. I also find it very strange that the night she goes missing the step mom leaves the door unlocked. I think if indeed she did run away something bad was happening to make her run.

It seems to me that she must’ve been afraid of being at her dads house when she ran away before and was crying for her mother. Then, to be looking at spending an entire month at his house could’ve been overwhelming for her. But I don’t think she ran away.
I suspect that she may have been asking , (or begging) to go back to her mom and made someone angry and something happened to her.
I don’t have any information but I’ll bet that when she ran away before she didn’t do it in the middle of the night. MOO

good catch @Lusitana! any link for that?
it gives me some hope that she is clever and did in fact run away. Any idea of how far mom lives from dad? if she's trying to get to moms house I hope she gets there unscathed! how nerve wracking
A link for what? I've been watching the news all day, they take a little longer to update online but I will try to find a link for everything.
Her mother lives 19 minutes away from her father's house, it would've been more than 4 hours walking though.

Normally I am the first to defend parents who don't call police immediately when a child goes missing, but is the timeline above accurate? Did they really search the house and call around for 30 minutes before calling police? I would think for a middle of the night disappearance, you'd call police for assistance sooner. The call to police would be interesting to hear.
How frantic were her dad and stepmother?
Has there ever been a case of a sleep walking child who left the house? (ETA and made it very far.)
Was her sleep walking medically documented?
Do people have those Ring doorbell style cameras there? On her street?
Do Dad and stepmother's cars have built-in GPS? Have their cars been seized?
I hope for a happy miracle in this case.

Normally I am the first to defend parents who don't call police immediately when a child goes missing, but is the timeline above accurate? Did they really search the house and call around for 30 minutes before calling police? I would think for a middle of the night disappearance, you'd call police for assistance sooner. The call to police would be interesting to hear.
How frantic were her dad and stepmother?
Has there ever been a case of a sleep walking child who left the house? (ETA and made it very far.)
Was her sleep walking medically documented?
Do people have those Ring doorbell style cameras there? On her street?
Do Dad and stepmother's cars have built-in GPS? Have their cars been seized?
I hope for a happy miracle in this case.
Okay so, the funny thing is, he didn't call the police, he went to the station which I really don't understand. We just got out of a 2 month lockdown, and have to wear masks in closed places so, why would he go there? Plus, he has a new baby at home. As far as we know, her sleepwalking was not medically documented. No ring doorbell cameras unless you have a big, fancy house worth millions. Us regular folks really don't use security cameras in our homes around here. I have no idea what cars they have or even if they have any.

Sónia Fonseca, Valentina's mother, the 9-year-old girl who disappeared in the early hours on thrusday, published a desperate post on Facebook.
"Another day has passed, my God, where are you, my love? My love, come back to us, we are desperate".
GNR continues to search in Atouguia Baleia, to find the girl who has been missing for almost 48 hours.
Mãe de menina de 9 anos desaparecida em desespero: "Volta para junto de nós" / Desperate mother of missing 9-year-old girl: "Come back to us"

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseDreams
Back