Possible Matches for Anna - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something else I remember is that my mother made me some dresses with smocking across the top of the front, and bloomers to match with elastic in the legs. In winter I had to wear longunderwear, and long stockings fastened by some sort of garters.

SherlockJr said:
I would like to start this new thread to post findings that may have been written by Anna. I've been reading an searching many blogs. A family member will have to respond if these things have happened or not. Here is my first find:

Not my earliest memory, but definately one of my favorites!!
I remember when I was about 2 or 3 my brothers had the coolest treehouse in the backyard. They had taken off the bottom rung of the ladder so I couldn't climb up there. Being the smart li'l kid I was, I went down to the basement, grabbed a bucket, brought it out to the backyard, turned the bucket upside down so that it served as a stepstool, and climbed up to the treehouse. I can still remember the look of shock on my brother's faces.
Good idea Sherlock. Could you please post the links to the blogs?

Gina_M said:
Great idea! I did a google blog search on childhood memories. Here's one:

getting attacked by a dog when I was three. I remember the blonde cocker spaniel barking and breaking free of his leash and knocking me down. After that…nothing.

More at:
http://jauntyquills.com/2006/06/03/childhood-memories/
Here is a picture of the person who posted that childhood memory in the blog. Her name is Cindy Kirk. Cindy Kirk is a lifelong Nebraska resident who started writing after taking a class at a local community college. But her interest in the written word started years before when she was in her teens. At sixteen she wrote in her diary, “I don’t know what I would do if I couldn’t be a writer.”

Another picture of Cindy. In this one her eyes appear to be blue. Anna's eyes are brown.

Here is the link to here web page http://www.cindykirk.com/meet.html

SherlockJr said:
I would like to start this new thread to post findings that may have been written by Anna. I've been reading an searching many blogs. A family member will have to respond if these things have happened or not. Here is my first find:

Not my earliest memory, but definately one of my favorites!!
I remember when I was about 2 or 3 my brothers had the coolest treehouse in the backyard. They had taken off the bottom rung of the ladder so I couldn't climb up there. Being the smart li'l kid I was, I went down to the basement, grabbed a bucket, brought it out to the backyard, turned the bucket upside down so that it served as a stepstool, and climbed up to the treehouse. I can still remember the look of shock on my brother's faces.
Sherlock, what a brilliant idea! And although this is exactly the sort of thing Anna might have done, this first one wouldn't be her--we never lived in a house with a basement. Her brothers did, in fact, have a treehouse, but she was four by the time they built it and could go into it with no restriction (it was a partly-fallen tree and didn't have a ladder.) This is a close one, though; even the photograph is startling.

Shadow, there's no specific links. They are are search results searching for key words.

Annasmom, the pic goes with what Gina_M found about the dog attack, not the treehouse story.

These are taken from a blogger in northern CA whose dob is 9-28-67. She homeschools her children. I have not found anything written about her family she grew up with besides what she wrote that she rather not remember. Only way to contact her is making a "comment" on her blog... no e-mail, no first name, etc. Here's the link: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MotherHen/

I am from a purloined family genealogy, never to be returned. From scant baby pictures of the youngest child. I am from unlabeled photos, old and faded, diaries and journals never kept.

I debated about whether I should write this...there are many things about my life/childhood that I'd rather not remember....many dreams unrealized and promises broken...but the more I thought about it the more I realized maybe I nedded to write this...

Toward My Own Education

The Greek Way by Edith Hamilton

Watercolors in a Weekend--Flowers by Jill Bays

Cape Cod by Thoreau

Formation of Character by C.Mason

Augustine's Confessions

The Pleasures of God by John Piper

Tabletalk by Ligonier Ministries

To School Through the Fields by Alice Taylor

A Thomas Jefferson Education by Oliver Van DeMille

Poetry Selections

Robert Frost--The Road Not Taken

Robert Louis Stevenson--A Child's Garden Of Verses

A.A.Milne--Now We Are Six

SherlockJr said:
These are taken from a blogger in northern CA whose dob is 9-28-67. She homeschools her children. I have not found anything written about her family she grew up with besides what she wrote that she rather not remember. Only way to contact her is making a "comment" on her blog... no e-mail, no first name, etc. Here's the link: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MotherHen/

I am from a purloined family genealogy, never to be returned. From scant baby pictures of the youngest child. I am from unlabeled photos, old and faded, diaries and journals never kept.

I debated about whether I should write this...there are many things about my life/childhood that I'd rather not remember....many dreams unrealized and promises broken...but the more I thought about it the more I realized maybe I nedded to write this...

Toward My Own Education

Cape Cod by Thoreau

Augustine's Confessions

Poetry Selections

There are many things on this blog which ring a bell. Anna's brothers were home-schooled the year before she disappeared. Some of the books on this list were books we used for home-schooling.

Annasmom said:
There are many things on this blog which ring a bell. Anna's brothers were home-schooled the year before she disappeared. Some of the books on this list were books we used for home-schooling.
Annasmom, maybe you might want to post a comment about homeschooling the boys... then possibly write about some things Anna would have remembered. This could lead into something. Kinda like putting the bait out there.

I also found it interesting that one of the books she used was "The Greek Way".

Amazing work, Sherlock... and just at a time we needed a new path to discovery.

SherlockJr said:

Cape Cod by Thoreau

Augustine's Confessions

Poetry Selections

[/font][/color]

I thought I'd write her regarding the books and our home-school experience, but I can't find this book list on her blog. Where did you find it? (And thanks again for this lead.)

Originally Posted by Shadow205
Here is a picture of the person who posted that childhood memory in the blog. Her name is Cindy Kirk. Cindy Kirk is a lifelong Nebraska resident who started writing after taking a class at a local community college. But her interest in the written word started years before when she was in her teens. At sixteen she wrote in her diary, “I don’t know what I would do if I couldn’t be a writer.”

In addition to Cindy's post on that page, there were also responses by 6 other people underneath it. I thought it would be a good idea to check responses and also other links that the bloggers have linked to, as that could also lead to something.

Originally Posted by SherlockJr

Great work, Sherlock! Sounds like a definite possibility.

Sherlockjr,

The woman who posts under the name of Motherhen is the one that I think we need to concentrate on. I posted a link to a picture of her. I have been sitting here comparing it to Anna's and I must admit there is a likeness. Something about the mouth and the nose.
I know her husbands name and the link that I posted with the picture is the link to his photography web page. That is why I cannot post the picture on here, his photo's have a copyright and cannot be coppied.

MagicRose can't open the link to the picture, anyonelse having trouble with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessicawilliams0