Possible Parole dates?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
i thought of a perfect job for her, 20 years of boxing up license plates
with duct tape.:seeya:

A sentence of 13-30 years means the sentence cannot be less than 13 years or more than 30 years. In Florida, there is a point system used to determine whether a person is eligible for the minimum. Casey would not be eligible for the minimum because of her prior criminal record (the six felonies). Each prior conviction, as well as each new conviction, adds points and the higher the points go the higher the sentence must go...up to the maximum of 30 years.

BBM. The figure of 13-30 was based upon a calculation by AZLawyer, which takes into account all relevant points which apply to Casey which she could see. IIRC, her view was that no points were added under the Criminal Punishment Code for the Cheque Fraud felonies because the date of the Cheque fraud was after the date of the alleged homicide of Caylee.

Casey will likely get credit for time served so if she were to get a sentence of 30 years, she has already served three years of that. (There is a possibility of sentencing in this current matter being consecutive to what she is currently serving time for, in which case there would be no credit for time served.)

Bill Schaeffer thought that the cheque fraud sentences had to run concurrent with any imposed on her for homicide or lying to an LEO.

In any event, even if this were not the case, she would have to get credit for time served since she has already served her time for the cheque fraud.

Michael Woodmansee got 40 years for murdering a child, eating parts, and keeping the bones in his bedroom. No parole.......but he got 12 years knocked off for good behavior!

Sickens me more and more when I think about it.

Yes he did, and he just recently decided to commit himself to a hospital for the criminally insane because the whole state of R.I. said they would kill him if he got out.

Michael Woodmansee got 40 years for murdering a child, eating parts, and keeping the bones in his bedroom. No parole.......but he got 12 years knocked off for good behavior!

Sickens me more and more when I think about it.

OMG why would they consider having this person out ever?

Don't forget she has multiple charges against her so they could add up. I also think JP would give her towards the max end on everything so if it's something that goes up to 30I would expect at the very least 25 and given the age of the victim it could be 30.

TBH, I think in the long run this is evened out in places that do that by altering the original sentences to take that into account.

I personally prefer prisoners serving less of the sentence (which can be made longer to take this into account) and being released on parole.

This way they are incentevized to behave and (at least ostensibly) reform, and you can keep an eye on them when they are released and recall them to prison if they violate conditions of release/commit further crimes.

Very interesting. I had no idea that this was the reasoning behind it. I could definitely see the benefits of it. The only bad part about it is that really and truly people here don't end up having to serve that much jail time. I know someone that was recently convicted of involuntary manslaughter and this was the 2nd time he has killed someone in an automobile accident. He was convicted of 6 years of which he will only have to serve 2. I don't see much justice in that. I would have preferred he be sentenced to 18 years and serve out the 6.

Don't forget she has multiple charges against her so they could add up. I also think JP would give her towards the max end on everything so if it's something that goes up to 30I would expect at the very least 25 and given the age of the victim it could be 30.

I really really believe that HHJP is going to give ICA the max on everything. I have no doubt in my mind he thinks she is guilty guilty guilty.

Agreed...I honestly believe that HHJP will give her the max for whatever charges she is convicted on, at least I hope so. I think HHJP knows what he is dealing with here, and knows that she is a danger to society. As we know, this isn't his first rodeo, particularly dealing with a female sociopath. :D

I feel certain that the four counts of lying to LE are a sure thing, but I think that they only carry about a year a piece max IIRC. Obviously AZ knows better than I do.

What I would like to know is: is it up to the judge's discretion to decide whether her sentences are consecutive or concurrent, and what is the criteria for deciding? And wouldn't 'time served' be off the table for her, since she is under sentence for six felony convictions at this time? (I honestly don't recall what her actual sentence was for the check fraud issues.)

I looked that up last night and from what I found she was sentenced to 412 days total, or time served already took care of that. It was a plea deal.

It depends on the sentence. Life would be life in Florida. Life w/o the possibility of parole. This went into effect around 1988-89.No gain time. With 2nd degree or less I believe the person is right that put 85%.

I would like to discuss parole but don't believe I'm able to. LWOP doesn't have a parole slot. But interesting to read the other posters comments, thank for the thread!

In my state we have parole, and most inmates get out after serving a very small portion of their sentence. I prefer Florida's 85% rule, personally. It guarantees the inmate will serve a larger portion of their original sentence.

As for parole being a safer option because the person is set free with conditions and under the watchful eye of a parole officer, that sounds good but it is not reality. Often parole officers have caseloads that prohibit them from watching over everything all their charges do. An argument against parole being a safer option would be Garrido in California. He was sentenced to 55 years but was released on parole after serving 11 years. For many years, Garrido's parole officer believed he was doing well, until Jaycee Lee Dugard escaped from his backyard compound. And I see people on probation and parole where I live that do all sorts of things they aren't supposed to be doing.

All things considered, I am more impressed with Florida's 85% rule than with anything in most other jurisdictions. I also like that Life means life in Florida...it doesn't mean that in my state!

I hope she never gets parole and I hope the sentence is LWOP. I odn't want her to ever have freedom again, to enjoy the things she took from her baby girl.

I won't be disappointed if she gets at least 30 years. LWOP is even better, but I'm not counting on it. I'm just thankful she didn't commit her crime in California where some people literally do their time measured in hours and minutes due to overcrowding, good behavior and your celebrity status.:maddening:

Cannot we wait for the verdict first, before talking about this? I am on pins and needles, as most of you, but won't discuss till the verdict. Seems we are jumping the gun here.

Day for a day isnt it? I know that Canada used to do something similar to that.

I thought the only U.S. Jurisdiction to enhance the time served credit was New York?

Canada doesn't do that under some circumstances. I know a fella who broke his bond recently by 'associating' with his ex and now, he must serve what is called 'dead time' till his day in court, time with no credit. They used to get credit for this time served before...not now. I was told the rules have changed in this regard...this is Ontario, not sure about other provinces.

Casey's Possible Parole Date? Hopefully Never!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back