Possible Sketches of Caylee Skull Pics *WARNING - Graphic*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's really hard to make out the sketches with all the text over it.

I appreciate the pictures. I was curious if the Jurors really saw Caylee's precious head with the duck tape on her mouth. It looks like they did which gives me a lot of relief. I like everyone else on this board wants justice for Caylee and if it takes seeing a drawing I don't think that's disrespectful. I have to admit after seeing the drawing I don't think I could handle the real pics. My upmost respect for those Jurors. This will stay with them for the rest of their lives!! Very disturbing

Thanks for the link ~ I've been curious about the pictures since Headline News had them all blurred out.

I know nothing about this guy. Journalist or not, I appreciate his drawings. :twocents:

Woops .. intnded this to go to the sidebar thread ... my apolly's

In these past few weeks since the trial started, when out for dinner, shopping, at work ... I am finding it difficult to hear people speak about this case, commenting about it. It's almost offends me in a way. I feel as if they don't know a tenth of what I know from being a member here and I couldn't explain it all, even if I wanted to. I take it all to personal sometimes and want to use my "outside voice" to correct them.

Does anyone else here ever feel that way?

JMO but DK gives me the creeps and the idea of him sketching for his blog with the headline 'I was there' is distasteful.
If Caylee were my child, I'd be seething. Daves not an artist. He has no understanding of anatomy. His blog has never attempted to solve the case, just to report it from his personal perspective.
I'm a little sickened but I know I'm the minority opinion here on this thread so I'll stop.

Gotta wonder what he'll do with his idle retirement hours after the trial is over though. K now I'm stopping :)

I just want to say that we are all adults here (I would hope) and just like HHBP's warnings to the gallery...if you don't think you should look - DO NOT try to find and/or look at the photos....I am not trying to be snarky....just reality based. I understand people looking and then not realizing how they might react, but for me this helped tremendously to understand the orientation of the pictures.....as someone typing along during the trial....I am hanging on every word and trying to visualize what they might be viewing.....there were descriptions given during testimony about each and every picture. At least now, I have some frame of reference to what the viewer understood...I truly appreciate the extra sensory information to help me better understand the case the State is presenting.....a picture is worth a thousand words but I will settle for these hand drawn sketches. Thank you!

I'm an artist with a clear understanding of anatomy. "Marinade Dave" actually did a better job than most people would do with those sketches. Most people these days can not draw worth a damn, but Marinade got the basic shapes and scale correct. There would be no need to sketch them with the prowess of a medical illustrator. He got the idea across. I found it helpful. I didn't think it was disrespectful..but that's me. (MOO)

I appreciate the pictures. I was curious if the Jurors really saw Caylee's precious head with the duck tape on her mouth. It looks like they did which gives me a lot of relief. I like everyone else on this board wants justice for Caylee and if it takes seeing a drawing I don't think that's disrespectful. I have to admit after seeing the drawing I don't think I could handle the real pics. My upmost respect for those Jurors. This will stay with them for the rest of their lives!! Very disturbing

Yes, it will. My husband was an alternate juror on the Sarah Walker murder trial. She was the realtor who was robbed and murdered at an open house in Texas. They actually brought her bloody blouse into the courtroom, on a mannequin for the jury to see all the stab holes. He's never gotten it out of his head. Not to mention the crime scene photos…but the actual blouse soaked in blood. Ugh.

I just want to say a couple things here so everyone understands my reasons behind posting them.

Last night, when I found these drawing, I went straight to a mod and asked permission before posting. I figure that they would be allowed since the blurred images were, but I wanted to check first to be on the safe side out of respect for Caylee, Trisha and the forum and the case itself. I didn't remember Dave until Amanda had posted, but I also didn't pay much attention to the issue when Judge Strickland left because in my mind, I thought that he needed to leave the case and the judge that would be on it until the end would be best. Now that I remember who Dave was, I wouldn't have posted that part in the first post last night. I also would have titled the thread Sketches of Caylee's skull pics.

Most importantly, I did not post these sketches for any sort of sensational creepy gawker reason. I feel the same as one of the other posts above (sorry, I can't remember who) that there could be no more respectful group than this one to look at these sketches from a professional, justice needs to be served standpoint. But I also posted just the link and not a screenshot and stated they were of Caylee's skull pics as a warning so that those who did not feel that they could handle it could take a pass. I have always believed that having all of the information available is important and that you cannot defend the innocent unless you understand not only what happened to the victim, but also what the killer was capable of.

I am sorry to anyone who is offended by my posting them as that was not my intention. Just my intention to provide fellow sleuthers with the most accurate representation available of what we were not allowed to see without breaking TOS. For those that are offended, please know I had good intentions and forgive me! For those who are not offended, I hope that you find them helpful.

JMO but DK gives me the creeps and the idea of him sketching for his blog with the headline 'I was there' is distasteful.
If Caylee were my child, I'd be seething. Daves not an artist. He has no understanding of anatomy. His blog has never attempted to solve the case, just to report it from his personal perspective.
I'm a little sickened but I know I'm the minority opinion here on this thread so I'll stop.

Gotta wonder what he'll do with his idle retirement hours after the trial is over though. K now I'm stopping :)

If Caylee were your child she wouldn't have been "missing" for 31 days before anyone knew.

If Caylee were your child you would not be laughing in court.

If Caylee were your child we wouldn't be here in the first place. She would be an almost 6 year old little girl.

At least Dave can spell Mandible.

I agree w/ the judges decison to not publish the photos.

I see nothing wrong with these drawings. It's important to know.

I can't think of a better large group of people that respect Caylee more than many of the folks here......aside from the SA and her grandparents
i understand what your saying hun.. but i think if it were important for the public to know then the pics wouldve been released they werent out of respect for caylee ..we just need to know for closure because we have all grown to love caylee in our own ways .. the only ones that need to know imho are the ones doing the investigation.. i just hope the anthonys dont ever come across the drawings or the images .. that is where my concern is ..they have been through enough :( and so have all the people that have put time and money into helping to search for her and pray for her .a selfish person that did a selfish deadly act to the one person that loved her unconditionally ..it makes my heart hurt so much to know that ppl can be so cruel and selfish .. i guess i dont understand how a mother could do that to her own child and i never will

I just want to say a couple things here so everyone understands my reasons behind posting them.

Last night, when I found these drawing, I went straight to a mod and asked permission before posting. I figure that they would be allowed since the blurred images were, but I wanted to check first to be on the safe side out of respect for Caylee, Trisha and the forum and the case itself. I didn't remember Dave until Amanda had posted, but I also didn't pay much attention to the issue when Judge Strickland left because in my mind, I thought that he needed to leave the case and the judge that would be on it until the end would be best. Now that I remember who Dave was, I wouldn't have posted that part in the first post last night. I also would have titled the thread Sketches of Caylee's skull pics.

Most importantly, I did not post these sketches for any sort of sensational creepy gawker reason. I feel the same as one of the other posts above (sorry, I can't remember who) that there could be no more respectful group than this one to look at these sketches from a professional, justice needs to be served standpoint. But I also posted just the link and not a screenshot and stated they were of Caylee's skull pics as a warning so that those who did not feel that they could handle it could take a pass. I have always believed that having all of the information available is important and that you cannot defend the innocent unless you understand not only what happened to the victim, but also what the killer was capable of.

I am sorry to anyone who is offended by my posting them as that was not my intention. Just my intention to provide fellow sleuthers with the most accurate representation available of what we were not allowed to see without breaking TOS. For those that are offended, please know I had good intentions and forgive me! For those who are not offended, I hope that you find them helpful.
im certainly not offended with u hun im offended with that dave

Marinade Dave, aka Dave Kneckel is working as a journalist for the Orlando Magazine. He is an accepted journalist with a seat in the court room.
He has been blogging about the Caylee Anthony case from the beginning. His posts are well written and he writes about the facts of the case and does not rely on name calling or negative remarks to get his message across.
At times he does title his articles with catchy phrases and with this latest one, "I was there" is from my point of view something that a lot of us will be saying years from now when remembering this case. Having read Dave's blog for a long time I feel that he would in no way disrespect little Caylee Anthony.
JMO

Marinada Dave is working as a blogger for the Orlando Magazine.
He's not a journalist, never went to college and got a degree.
Big difference!
Like the big difference in trash versus garbage. LOL.

Marinada Dave have been calling many people all kinds of names...
Enough said
I'll stop here for now.

I'm an artist with a clear understanding of anatomy. "Marinade Dave" actually did a better job than most people would do with those sketches. Most people these days can not draw worth a damn, but Marinade got the basic shapes and scale correct. There would be no need to sketch them with the prowess of a medical illustrator. He got the idea across. I found it helpful. I didn't think it was disrespectful..but that's me. (MOO)
As someone with a smidgen of artistic ability and an undergrad criminal justice degree I appreciate Marinade Dave's sketches. It's the closest we/I will ever get to seeing the actual photos. I think they added to my understanding of the data that was provided for the jurers. Thanks, Dave and whoever it was that posted from his website. Shalom, Sharai

I have seen him every time they pan to the balcony so I'm sure he was there. So sad. I'm glad he said it was clear the duct tape was wrapped around the skull. I hope the jurors feel the same.

Marinada Dave is working as a blogger for the Orlando Magazine.
He's not a journalist, never went to college and got a degree.
Big difference!
Like the big difference in trash versus garbage. LOL.

Marinada Dave have been calling many people all kinds of names...
Enough said
I'll stop here for now.

I did not know that a college degree was required to be a journalist. I've seen some journalists that have a college degree who are lousy at there job. I won't comment on who is calling who names.

Please be sure you have the marinated ones ok to use his pics. The last time someone re posted his "work" he made a big stink of copyright infringement threatening lawsuits.

Here is my unsolicited advice.

If the heading of the thread indicates that the subject matter *might* offend me or disturb me (there are subjects I prefer not to contemplate: sex crimes against children is one of my personal ones)---Don't click on the thread.

If once on the thread and the OP took the time to post a subject for discussion and you as a member find it to be trivial or a moot point so to speak. ---Just leave the thread.

If there are pictures posted on any threads or posts that are in questionable tastes---Alert a mod and ask them to review, politely. They will when they have time.

Just how I cruise around WS hope that helps anyone here :)

(I was very interested in the OP thank you by the way)

No idea who Marinade Dave is, but the sketches helped me tremendously. :)

he's not a journalist, he's a blogger - but because everyone is blogging these days, the lines have become somewhat blurred IMO

the sketches didn't do anything for me ... neither appall nor inform ...

but thank you HRCODEPINK for posting the link (-;

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez
Back