Possible Victim: Shannan Gilbert, 24, missing May 2010, found Oak Beach Dec 2011 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If a LI person explaining to someone unfamiliar, I think you would say “by Jones Beach” because it’s so well known. Just Jones Beach has name recognition & a big landmark

If you are local, you would name specific beaches by name.
Like pre-2010, how would Gilgo Beach's notoriety fare against Jones Beach? Would Gilgo be more widely known to a New Yorker? Or not really?

For her to say by Jones Beach, she'd almost have to think the entirety of Long Island was on-- Jones Beach. Possibly am making way too much of a thing out of this, but it's just weird to me that when pressed, the first thing that comes to her mind is Jones Beach. Lost Girls says she'd done a "few calls" in Long Island. I wonder where they were, and who were the clients. There was supposedly a Chris in Massapequa noted in her records per John Ray. And per John Ray witness, Shannan had an incident with a client believed to be RH in Sayville Motor Lodge. Am hoping that in the huge collection of electronic devices they've amassed from RH, there may be something positively linking him to SG.

Last edited:
Like pre-2010, how would Gilgo Beach's notoriety fare against Jones Beach? Would Gilgo be more widely known to a New Yorker? Or not really?

For her to say by Jones Beach, she'd almost have to think the entirety of Long Island was on-- Jones Beach. Possibly am making way too much of a thing out of this, but it's just weird to me that when pressed, the first thing that comes to her mind is Jones Beach. Lost Girls says she'd done a "few calls" in Long Island. I wonder where they were, and who were the clients. There was supposedly a Chris in Massapequa noted in her records per John Ray. And per John Ray witness, Shannan had an incident with a client believed to be RH in Sayville Motor Lodge. Am hoping that in the huge collection of electronic devices they've amassed from RH, there may be something positively linking him to SG.
I have her phone bill, I will message you. That night she called CVS and her and Brewer kept calling each other back and forth, some missed calls, some for 1 minute. I never looked at the other pages and have to find it. I got it from the court docs on Unicourt, but there are so many, it may take a while to find.

Gilgo Beach would be unknown to anyone not local.
SG and Pak drove to client house. As they got closer, those big signs on the highway would have said JONES BEACH, they would have passed many big signs saying JONES BEACH, driven past JONES BEACH to get to Gilgo.
Agree!! and, had the operator asked what the troopers first question was "are you in a house or car" something like that...she would know that there are ZERO homes in Jones Beach and only one road for Jones Beach, so she could have just said, the police are coming, tell me when you hear the sirens....The SCPD would only come from the direction of towards Jones Beach and she would hear them lower to higher...and there are very few communities on that road. SCPD failed to train that person IMO, she was gruff and seemed excited to transfer it to the Trooper, who ONLY handle parks and beaches...so at 5am, she thought that Shannan was outside on the beach?

I absolutely believe RH is behind the murder of SG.

There is no doubt in my mind. Were others? No idea, unfortunately. The others who are involved might just have been so concerned about protecting the reputation of Oak Beach that they convinced themselves it was okay to turn a blind eye, or maybe just not look too deeply into anything disturbing occurring in their community. Some within "the system" might have been very displeased that SG's fam "lawyered up," too, and things might not have proceeded as (just speculating) they may have otherwise.

And Bittrolff was actively involved with them, too. We're wondering now about the striking similarities between the murder of Sandra Costilla-- which is RH's handiwork-- to the murders of Colleen McNamee & Rita Tangredi, for which Bittrolff was convicted. Some feel RH stalked or tracked Bittrolff so Bittrolff would be charged (which happened). I've in the past wondered if there's not some cooperation between the two. Unless it can be proven, though, we'd probably have to veer towards the RH stalking of Bittrolff. So... was RH perhaps also stalking around after someone in this situation with SG as well? We don't know, but it certainly seems possible. Without knowing more, I'm going to continue to assume RH had some prior contact w/SG. But if one really believes he stalked/tracked Bittrolff, we can be assured Bittrolff's quite possibly not the only other client he stalked.

Everyone's always saying SG's case is different. SG's case may only be different because she's the only one that made a lengthy 911 call and screamed at the top of her lungs with multiple witnesses before she also ended up dead. I have no doubt that such significant departures from this SK's "routine" (911 call, screaming with witnesses) would have an impact.
I can't make an official response yet, but I think he was connected to at least one, but I will do my due diligence before stating anything. I am not sure if he was there, I haven't seen anything that convinces me yet, but there are so many court docs to look at still, the depo from Gus Coletti is very interesting to me though. He seemed to know something and actually says "don't make me tell on my friends"/...something like that, not the exact quotel. I am finding that I am getting more legit info that way then from all posts, articles etc...I see some youtubers are starting to read them online (THANK GOD) and I don't think I can say here, but if you want those channels, LMK, you are a truth seeker and I love it!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BurgoPI
Back