Possible Victim: Valerie Mack, 24, Manorville Jane Doe #6, missing 2000, found Nov 2000 & Gilgo Beach Apr 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I could be wrong but I dont think jane doe #6 is in the Doe Network. LE is hiding something. Fitzgerald turned down their help.

I could be wrong but I dont think jane doe #6 is in the Doe Network. LE is hiding something. Fitzgerald turned down their help.
You originally published this post in the wrong thread. I've moved it to the appropriate one.

All posters are asked to be sure they post in the correct threads.

Thanks.

Bessie

I think it's great what you guys are doing. I have followed this case on my own and on WS since Shannan Gilbert had disappeared. Once all the bodies started turning up during the search for her, I knew deep in my heart this was a serial killer and that Shannan also fell victim to this predator. The saddest of it is LE not believing that Shannan is a homicide victim, or most importantly a victim of the LISK.
The Jane Doe in this thread could be (or may not be) the key to all of it. Any of the UID's could be. I truly believe that.

I'm reposting here:

Hi Rachel & Josh here, some of you may have read we are partnering with Tricia & Websleuths on a docu-series covering 5 unsolved serial killer cases. LISK is one of them and we would like to work with websleuthers in helping to identify the Jane, John, and Toddler Does connected to the case. We definitely understand there's been a lot of time and energy put into this already by websleuthers and the community, we're hoping to inject new energy into identifying. We will have a access to wide television audience who in additional can hopefully help.

I'll be posting to the threads for the other identified, please don't be shy... contact us. We are looking for some lead websleuthers to work with us as well, please reach out. Already we've heard from a lot of you on LISK and other cases. It takes a village!

Best,
Rachel & Josh

This is the case where they suspect the victims were sex trade workers right? Is there anyway to access craigslist ads from that time? I'm sure its been done but maybe try to match these people up against postings? There is a suspect too right?

Susan Walsh missing since in 1996 from NJ. She was sober for several years then went back to the drugs, alcohol, and stripping. Possible prostitution. Ties to NYC. It appears she is not in NAMUS or CODIS. That would mean her DNA was never collected. Lifestyle, age, and height seem to match JD#6.

Susan Walsh missing since in 1996 from NJ. She was sober for several years then went back to the drugs, alcohol, and stripping. Possible prostitution. Ties to NYC. It appears she is not in NAMUS or CODIS. That would mean her DNA was never collected. Lifestyle, age, and height seem to match JD#6.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/9841

Susan is listed in NamUs, Her profile strength is strong. However she is not listed in the rule outs regarding Jane Doe#6 Could NamUs already compared Susan but not listed her as a rule out?

Hey,

what if this woman was much younger than 35?

What do you think about Colleen Perris?

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

She went missing from Florida on 9/30/2000 (google maps shows 20 hours by car to the place where this jane doe was found).

She had tattoo´s on both ankles.

I did outline her facial details. This is what I got:

attachment.php

What do you think?

Attachments

• NAT_8724_1.jpg
    NAT_8724_1.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 255
  • perris_colleen2.jpg
    perris_colleen2.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 253
  • Unbenannt.jpg
    Unbenannt.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 264
  • Colleen P.jpg
    Colleen P.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 258
Namus lists JD6 as 18-40 years old, so Colleen seems to be entirely possible. She's the right size and there's a pretty good resemblance. I would think if they found her torso only a few weeks after she disappeared, they would have found traces of her back tattoo, but maybe not.

There's a lot of travel up and down I-95, so it's entirely plausible she would find herself in the NYC area.

Colleen's Charley page: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/perris_colleen.html
Doenet: http://doenetwork.org/cases/3313dffl.html
Namus: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/8724/283

I think it's worth sending in.

I sent an email some weeks ago to the namus case manager. Nothing happened. I got no reply if someone got the email or not. I would´ve called the responsible detective (Plantation Police Department
Detective Joe Messina
), but I am not from the USA and my english is broken. I coudn´t find an email to send it to detective Messina. Any ideas?

Thanks

Update

Tonight I sent this email again to someone from Namus. Today I received an email that she sent the information to the investigators!

I recently found this thread, and I see that the previous poster dom87 contacted Namus in regards to a possible match with Colleen Perris. I wonder if the Plantation PD followed up the information, and just hasn't entered her as being ruled out in the Jane Doe #6 case?
I really hope I didn't step on anyones toes by contacting Namus and the Plantation PD.
I've added Jane Doe #6's side profile with what appears to be a high school picture showing more of Colleen Perris' unusual nose (from the Charley Project website). And also from the Charley Project website, the butterfly tattoo located at the bottom of her back. These images were not available on Namus, as well as, no information describing Jane Doe #6's tattoos.
Again, sorry if this has already been discussed over the past many years, and appropriated to the investigating units.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• doe profile.jpg
    doe profile.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 146
  • perris_tattoo.jpg
    perris_tattoo.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 222
  • gilgo-featured-image(2)1.jpg
    gilgo-featured-image(2)1.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 150
I recently found this thread, and I see that the previous poster dom87 contacted Namus in regards to a possible match with Colleen Perris. I wonder if the Plantation PD followed up the information, and just hasn't entered her as being ruled out in the Jane Doe #6 case?
I really hope I didn't step on anyones toes by contacting Namus and the Plantation PD.
I've added Jane Doe #6's side profile with what appears to be a high school picture showing more of Colleen Perris' unusual nose (from the Charley Project website). And also from the Charley Project website, the butterfly tattoo located at the bottom of her back. These images were not available on Namus, as well as, no information describing Jane Doe #6's tattoos.
Again, sorry if this has already been discussed over the past many years, and appropriated to the investigating units.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

I remembered with your post that Colleen had already been suggested and I remember why it skipped my attention at that time.

Let me recap.

Like I said Colleen's page says "DNA submitted, tests completed". I used to interpret that as "everything is done" about that case.

Around a year ago, I was trying to find a potential match for Peaches Doe, then I was curious about the notes on the pages
The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:

https://identifyus.org/cases/9680
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/11652

This was really curious because I always thought the database was automated. But it wasn't . Why would they specifically indicate eliminated suggestions?

I contacted Namus and I learned comparisons are not automated, which makes the information on Namus a datapile not really a database. Then it all started to make sense.

In my case, you did a real good job reminding Colleen's case. dom87 should be credited as well.

Keep up the good work.

I remembered with your post that Colleen had already been suggested and I remember why it skipped my attention at that time.

Let me recap.

Like I said Colleen's page says "DNA submitted, tests completed". I used to interpret that as "everything is done" about that case.

Around a year ago, I was trying to find a potential match for Peaches Doe, then I was curious about the notes on the pages
The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:

https://identifyus.org/cases/9680
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/11652

This was really curious because I always thought the database was automated. But it wasn't . Why would they specifically indicate eliminated suggestions?

I contacted Namus and I learned comparisons are not automated, which makes the information on Namus a datapile not really a database. Then it all started to make sense.

In my case, you did a real good job reminding Colleen's case. dom87 should be credited as well.

Keep up the good work.

Thank you so much for taking the time out to explain how the Namus system works!

At about 52 minutes: Jane Doe Number Six, most perplexing, part of the remains found in Manorville. Dismembered, torso found in Manorville. Hands and head removed probably to avoid identification. At the time, found 19th of November 2000, most probably picked up on the street, not through the internet. Possibly more of a chance that she may have been picked up more in the Queens area or Queens Plaza. There may be a tattoo recovered that LE has yet to share, which may help ID her all these 16 years later.

Rachel read the information she has about the unreleased tattoo.

Josh asks why it hasn't been released.

Todd Mathews encourages the idea, given the advances in data bases with images.

Very different from the GB4, not picked up online through car pick ups, more like JR.

Is there a specific thread for Jane Doe #6?

Peter Brendt, at about an hour in, discusses the possibility around the mom and the toddler who were so intentionally set apart. This person may have had some kind of relationship with the toddler, who was wrapped and laid down with some care, while the mother seemed dumped, just cast there.

Could the baby be the killers child? DNA test possible but very expensive, but LE there is very well endowed according to Josh, but seem reluctant according to Brendt. Discussion of scenarios of Asian male. See Mr. Brendt's profile on his site linked through the blog below.

Other males remains or bodies found dumped in the area, according the Mr. Brendt a possible gamblers, related to other crimes.

Adam31's question about why IP's not being traced? Josh explains that Johns use burner phones, check ads in libraries or otherwise untraceable IP's.

LE response to Josh and Rachel? Originally, not speaking to anyone, there were political tug of wars, lots of press, so they eventually decided to just stay silent. More to come on this in episode 8.

Any chance the LE would turn over a piece of cloth or clue, something for sleuthers to help identify. A blanket exists, Asian male's clothing exists, among other items that could possibly be assisted with.

Maybe LE will be inspired to release an image of the tattoo on Jane Doe #6's ankle. Mr. Todd Mathews of NAMUS encourages this, points to their capacity to work effectively with LE if more information that exist is logged into their system, etc...

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websle...-josh-zeman-and-rachel-mills-episodes-1-and-2

Again, great show Tricia, Josh, Rachel, Mr. Mathews and Mr. Brendt. Very informative, for newbies like me. Thank you so much for taking the time and effort.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websle...-josh-zeman-and-rachel-mills-episodes-1-and-2

(Very rough summary and paraphrases, some notes)

I emailed NamUS about Amanda Rae Carrol possibly being Jane Doe #6 and received a reply that Carrol hadn't been considered before, and enough similarities existed to forward it to the detectives. I know the chances are probably slim, but would be great if it were her and the family would know something about what happened to her. Doesn't seem to be much going on in this thread, but if I hear anything i'll post an update.

I know sometimes sketches can be a little off, so I'm suggesting Heather Jean Johnson, missing from Glen Burnie, MD. What peaks my interest in her as Jane Doe #6, is that she was last seen on August 4, 1999. She may have been seen in the Atlantic City, New Jersey area. (Connection to Atlantic City 4??) She worked as an exotic dancer prior to her disappearance. She fits the victim profile, 19 years old, 5'4", 105 lbs. To me, her eyes match Jane Doe #6. She is wanted as a fugitive.

One question I have about her was that she has had cosmetic surgery on her breasts and buttocks, do we know if Jane Doe #6, had an cosmetic surgery done? I suspect it is pretty common among exotic dancers.
attachment.php

I couldn't find any side view pictures of her.

Attachments

• Capture+li2.jpg
    Capture+li2.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 156
Fogu was last seen in Rimini, Italy in November 1996. She was living there with an Armenian man. The couple was often arguing presumably because the man was involved in criminal activities. Her family reported her missing in December 1996 after she failed to visit them in November as planned. Her boyfriend told them that they had had a violent fight and that she left the following morning and was going to Firenze to find work. He threw out all her belongings in the following days. The man has since been evicted from Italy and his whereabouts are unknown.
Maria Fogu was depressed at the time of her disappearance. She went to Rimini's hospital in January 1996 as she was suffering from depression. She had emotional problems in dealing with men, as she had been deceived by other men in the past. She left her job in July 1996. She seemed disturbed, walking in the street in a wedding dress. The circumstances of her disappearance are unknown.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture+6.jpg
    Capture+6.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 140

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads