Post-Verdict:Jose Baez-Sanctions? Florida Bar Investigation!

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Have we got more special "Casey" treatment here?

nah, it needs to be addressed before she's due to show for probation. My guess is the order will be upheld but she will not serve it as she will be getting "help" and counselling and too busy to deal with this pesky probation issue.

Because he lied. Because he is underhanded, and doesn't seem to care if he ruins other people's lives, such as Roy Kronk when he said he was "a morally bankrupt individual." Because his relationship with Casey was unethical and he had to be told many times to keep his hands off her. That is just a few of the reasons.

I don't think there is any way he will go on and have a wonderful, successful career, though. He lucked out this time, but he would have to get a lot better to make that happen. He comes across as sleazy, IMO.

He struts around like a peacock preening, and in reality it was HHJP, CM and whoever else was the attorney texting him as to what to ask. It was quite obvious he was standing there stumped and ran over to CM all through the trial. Then he got SUPER lucky with that jury :sick: as did FCA.
That confidence will also be their undoing. As soon as she feels comfortable to be out and about, she'll be back to square one again, but this time she has a record. And if she stays in another state, it will be DeJaVu similar to Joran and OJ. People especially the jury, didn't see that she is a DANGEROUS person. Remember that chilling look she gave JB, then grabbed her neck. :eek:

nah, it needs to be addressed before she's due to show for probation. My guess is the order will be upheld but she will not serve it as she will be getting "help" and counselling and too busy to deal with this pesky probation issue.

Probation meetings are only 30 minutes average per month. I think KC can handle that.....she gets to talk about herself. She might actually enjoy it. jmo

Attorneys can say whatever they want in "Opening Statements", and they do all the time - whether it is true or not. Their job is to raise a reasonable doubt and save their client. The jury does not have to accept it, and they did not accept the sexual abuse allegations in this case and that is it.

Attorneys cannot say whatever they want in their opening statements. You cannot assert unprovable facts or interject an inadmissable matter. There are rules governing this. With some statements, opposing counsel must object, in others, it can be grounds for a mistrial. Opening statements are not a free for all.

Because the whole idea was to create as much reasonable doubt as possible in every single area. They had an "unwinnable" case in everyone's eyes including their own and they won and they were just as shocked as all of us. But they won the case and it happens. Worst jury in the world, imo. I think they disliked Ashton and Linda immensely.

BBM - No truer words,.......Solace. They won by "accident". :rolleyes:

snipped from : http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...-jose-baez-bar-invest20110817,0,3119012.story

"No attorney should conduct himself or herself in a way that impedes an order of the court. ... Our system of justice should never be in the position of rewarding someone who willfully hides the ball."

A spokeswoman with the Bar said no other information about the investigation into Baez is public.

It's unclear if the Bar initiated the inquiry on its own, or if someone filed a complaint against Baez.

Baez did not respond to requests for comment.

----------------------------------------------------------

Baez never misses opportunity to speak to the media ...

Awww ... :boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:

MOO ...

Attorneys cannot say whatever they want in their opening statements. You cannot assert unprovable facts or interject an inadmissable matter. There are rules governing this. With some statements, opposing counsel must object, in others, it can be grounds for a mistrial. Opening statements are not a free for all.

Baez did just that, and nothing happened to him.

Because the whole idea was to create as much reasonable doubt as possible in every single area. They had an "unwinnable" case in everyone's eyes including their own and they won and they were just as shocked as all of us. But they won the case and it happens. Worst jury in the world, imo. I think they disliked Ashton and Linda immensely.

BBM:

:rocker: I totally agree ... absolutely the "WORST JURY EVER ... MOO ...

:rocker: And I totally agree about your comment that they disliked Ashton and Linda immensely ... I have a "theory" about that ... but ya'll might think it's :crazy:

MOO MOO MOO ...

BBM:

:rocker: I totally agree ... absolutely the "WORST JURY EVER ... MOO ...

:rocker: And I totally agree about your comment that they disliked Ashton and Linda immensely ... I have a "theory" about that ... but ya'll might think it's :crazy:

MOO MOO MOO ...

Aw, come on! Let's hear it! We are all still sitting here talking about this! Who's to say what crazy is? :crazy: Lol!

Baez did just that, and nothing happened to him.

He was corrected on the issue, so the court covered their behind on that, but it was too late once it came out. The seed had already been planted. That may be part of the level of anger against this attorney. I know it is for me. Cheap shots and lies seems to be this guy's mode of operation. Dominic Casey even tried to expose his intent to manipulate evidence by reporting the find back to Baez first if he had found Caylee before anyone else did. That's about the most sneaky underhanded breach of his "oath" to uphold the law that I've ever seen. IMO, his actions and his disregard for the truth, no matter how minute is a blatant show of disrespect for the profession of which he "attempts to practice", yet the Florida Bar has continually given him a free pass. They should be embarrassed.

@VinniePolitan
Vinnie Politan
Florida Bar investigating ethics complaint regarding #JoseBaez
12 minutes ago via
Hopefully this means HLN will air this story...

With all of the utmost respect Aedrys, the jurors said they did not consider the sexual abuse. They did consider that George lied about the affair and the fact that he told River Cruz "it was an accident gone out of control" or words to that effect. The jury said the prosecution never proved their case that KC killed her daughter. The problem with the case was that on closing the prosecution did not go over "circumstantial evidence" and how it CAN BE used to convict. They did, in my eyes, but obviously not enough in the juries' eyes.

I also noted that the second juror to speak said "they" did not like the fact that Ashton never said good morning. That speaks volumes - they did not like the prosecution.

I see shows all the time on ID where the lawyers say whatever they want on opening statements and it is allowed because it is not evidence. They are allowed to present what they "think could have happened". It is our justice system

Respectfully, I know what they said, but I highly doubt they just forgot the penis in the mouth remark. They were bamboozled by an opening statement that was never proven. They may say they didn't, but come on, would they have looked at George as weird if he wasn't featured as a pedophile in the opening statement? Or if he wasn't put at the scene of the "accident" in the opening statement? They bought that statement. It affected everything presented in the trial after that. And Good Lord, if good morning is all it takes for a jury to choose one side over another and acquit, there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with our justice system.

Baez acted ineptly and unethically and not only won a trial, but doesn't seem to be in danger of sanctions. That is just wrong, wrong, wrong on so many levels.

@VinniePolitan
Vinnie Politan
Florida Bar investigating ethics complaint regarding #JoseBaez12 minutes ago via

:great: I hope JB is sanctioned for ALL of his "underhanded and unprofessional tactics" in the courtroom as well as ALL of his "ethics" violations !

:seeya: JB ...

:seeya: Pinellas 12 ... and you 12 "believed" his LIES ...

MOO MOO MOO ...

Respectfully, I know what they said, but I highly doubt they just forgot the penis in the mouth remark. They were bamboozled by an opening statement that was never proven. They may say they didn't, but come on, would they have looked at George as weird if he wasn't featured as a pedophile in the opening statement? Or if he wasn't put at the scene of the "accident" in the opening statement? They bought that statement. It affected everything presented in the trial after that. And Good Lord, if good morning is all it takes for a jury to choose one side over another and acquit, there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with our justice system.

Baez acted ineptly and unethically and not only won a trial, but doesn't seem to be in danger of sanctions. That is just wrong, wrong, wrong on so many levels.

Plus the foreman stated himself that defense started bringing in all those things they did not know about. They didn't know about it because it was not true and JB never proved it was true, nor did he try. jmo

@VinniePolitan
Vinnie Politan
Florida Bar investigating ethics complaint regarding #JoseBaez
12 minutes ago via

I have barely been able to watch HLN since the verdict. Vinnie is fine, but the others...

I have barely been able to watch HLN since the verdict. Vinnie is fine, but the others...

Oh sure, someone is expecting me to believe that JVM is going to discuss Baez and ethics in the same breath? Ha!:loser:

Jose tells us, he's "looking forward to the bar completing its investigation, so that it can be dismissed just like the 20 previous complaints."

http://www.tmz.com/2011/08/18/jose-b...mation-ethics/

That's really not something he should brag about. Having a lot of complaints, even if they've been dismissed, indicates that you're not coming off right in your work, whether it's professionalism, or how you communicate with your clients, etc. Furthermore, a complaint may be dismissed because they cannot contact the complainant, or because there's not a solid investigation - not because the complaint lacks merit. While some complaints are without merit, which is why we keep things private in the beginning while investigating, a large amount of complaints raise eyebrows. Even if they were dismissed, having so many people complain about him previously is not going to be regarded well when the Bar hears further complaints.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734
Back