Post-Verdict:Jose Baez-Sanctions? Florida Bar Investigation!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Didn't Baez jeer later saying that everyone was tweeting that he was quitting or was fired when he simply wasn't feeling well? When the reporter caught JB and his wife at the airport a month or so ago, she sure didn't look like she'd recently had a baby - didn't look like she'd had one ever.

The Girl I saw at the Airport with Baez wasn't Baez's wife..more like his girlfriend..maybe u saw a different video.

The hand written notes of police talking to CFCA's BFF in jail said CFCA was upset finding out Mrs JB was pregnant. No idea if the information was factual or if she was confused about the other Jose.

The Girl I saw at the Airport with Baez wasn't Baez's wife..more like his girlfriend..maybe u saw a different video.

There was a photo of JB and Mrs JB at the airport, IIRC it was the day after the verdict or sentencing- he was on his way to NYC and they both smiled for the camera... she was a much younger Latina lady with long brown hair...

The hand written notes of police talking to CFCA's BFF in jail said CFCA was upset finding out Mrs JB was pregnant. No idea if the information was factual or if she was confused about the other Jose.

FCA was peeved that Mrs Jose Garcia was pregnant IIRC- he was the Jose she had the mad crush on,that she wrote about. He stopped visiting immediately that came out....

Is he facing charges related to his coutroom antics, or are they being swept under the carpet. Admittedly the result is a fiasco achieved through numerous violations. The murderer has walked, will the lawyer?

..detective edwards handwritten notes, when interviewing robynA, only mention 'wife is pregnant.'...it's not clear which wife he's referring to.

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/25605534/detail.html
---discovery 23081-----page 3-----

01/27/2010

'baez would bring letters to casey'.

'baez close to casey'.

'casey upset when found out wife pregnant'.

Why does everyone hold such hatred for JB and want his career ruined? He did not kill Caylee. If everyone thinks he such a bad attorney, then you must also think that he had nothing to do with the not guilty verdict. Why the vendetta against JB? Why would anyone take pleasure in seeing a man's career ruined because you did not like his client? Does this bring justice for Caylee? If you had a child Caylee's age, would you teach them to hate like this?

Because he lied. Because he is underhanded, and doesn't seem to care if he ruins other people's lives, such as Roy Kronk when he said he was "a morally bankrupt individual." Because his relationship with Casey was unethical and he had to be told many times to keep his hands off her. That is just a few of the reasons.

I don't think there is any way he will go on and have a wonderful, successful career, though. He lucked out this time, but he would have to get a lot better to make that happen. He comes across as sleazy, IMO.

Why does everyone hold such hatred for JB and want his career ruined? He did not kill Caylee. If everyone thinks he such a bad attorney, then you must also think that he had nothing to do with the not guilty verdict. Why the vendetta against JB? Why would anyone take pleasure in seeing a man's career ruined because you did not like his client? Does this bring justice for Caylee? If you had a child Caylee's age, would you teach them to hate like this?

I have two little kids. The eldest one was born 2 weeks after Caylee was. It often reminds me how she should be having the milestones my son is now. But, I digress.

I teach my kids tolerance. It's my second highest personal more and value.
But it is NEVER trumped by the first one I always try to hammer home: Self-Preservation.

I teach them: "ALWAYS listen to and trust that voice inside your core that hisses a warning. That alarm, that alerts you when something is off. We have that for a very good reason. ALWAYS heed it. Always.
You run if it's really strong, and if you do not see me right away, you go find another mommy"

As social beings, the value of our radar for others is unsurpassed. In all the positive sense. I love how some people here call it the hinky meter :crazy: :D

Right. So. I see someone like Baez and buzzers go off in my core. Would I want him as my OBGYN, say? As my boys' K-teacher? As my neighbour?

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

Now, someone like Mason is a whole other level of ~shudder~ altogether again. But yes. Someone like Baez, you run from or, at the very least, subject to constant close scrutiny. That is what I teach my boys. Is that Hate? maybe. But so far my kids are living to see the next school year, knock-on-wood.

Because he lied. Because he is underhanded, and doesn't seem to care if he ruins other people's lives, such as Roy Kronk when he said he was "a morally bankrupt individual." Because his relationship with Casey was unethical and he had to be told many times to keep his hands off her. That is just a few of the reasons.

I don't think there is any way he will go on and have a wonderful, successful career, though. He lucked out this time, but he would have to get a lot better to make that happen. He comes across as sleazy, IMO.

May I add to your post?.........Because he ignored JP's court orders knowng it would create an issue during the trial.
Because he included horrendous statements in his opening that he knew he had no evidence of.
Because he constantly accused the SA's of with holding discovery ,when he was the one not willing to reciprocrate .
Because he created hell for the judges with his poorly written motions and arguments ,his multiple hearings on any given subject and his character assasignations of innocent people ,including Judge Strickland.This is especially heinous ,given the opening statement that Caylee drowned in an accident! He's just a vulgar human being IMO.
Oh,and lest we forget ,he brokered Caylee's pictures in order to get his "fee",tried to keep it hidden and then required all the other "dream team" lawyers and experts to work pro bono. :loser:

Correct me if I am wrong...but wouldn't JB have been required to complete an IRS form 8300 for the ABC money??

Bet ya ABC reported it in their tax filings and JB ummmmmmm didn't.

Baez behaved badly from the very beginning, and double-dog-dared anyone to do anything about it. So far, he has gotten away with it. He has zero respect for the man sitting on the bench, zero respect for the witnesses that were called, not to mention no self respect. His record is hardly spotless. As far as calling Roy Kronk "a morally bankrupt individual", well Baez, it takes one to know one. The only clients that he seems to want are ones who wil blatantly lie to give him the ammunition he needs to win the case. The truth does not serve Jose Baez very well does it?

Caylee wasn't the only victim in this case. Between Casey Anthony and Jose Baez, many innocent people were victimized. Baez is a poor example of an attorney and I do so hope the Flordia Bar addresses these issues. If they don't, then it puts all Florida attorneys in a very poor light. And that would create yet more victims......it seems as though the list will keep on growing.

The Judge threatened him, and I am waiting to see if it was an idle threat.

Correct me if I am wrong...but wouldn't JB have been required to complete an IRS form 8300 for the ABC money??

Bet ya ABC reported it in their tax filings and JB ummmmmmm didn't.

You are not wrong. That is most likely how the IRS determined that KC had taxable income that year...ABC claimed it on their return as a business expense.

Please leave JB's family out of this. Do NOT post pictures of them, post their names or involve them in this situation. If a family member is named in MSM, IN REGARDS to THIS CASE, then they may be discussed in that context and that context only.

There is no reason to hurt innocent people here.

Thanks,

Salem

Baez behaved badly from the very beginning, and double-dog-dared anyone to do anything about it. So far, he has gotten away with it. He has zero respect for the man sitting on the bench, zero respect for the witnesses that were called, not to mention no self respect. His record is hardly spotless. As far as calling Roy Kronk "a morally bankrupt individual", well Baez, it takes one to know one. The only clients that he seems to want are ones who wil blatantly lie to give him the ammunition he needs to win the case. The truth does not serve Jose Baez very well does it?

Caylee wasn't the only victim in this case. Between Casey Anthony and Jose Baez, many innocent people were victimized. Baez is a poor example of an attorney and I do so hope the Flordia Bar addresses these issues. If they don't, then it puts all Florida attorneys in a very poor light. And that would create yet more victims......it seems as though the list will keep on growing.

I often wonder how the FLA Bar can justify keeping him as a member. Is this really the person you want being the poster boy for your association? I'd cut him loose in a NY minute. How many complaints does he have now? They should have gone with their first instincts and not admitted him. I don't care what the verdict was, he is not a good attorney AT ALL.

ETA: and with all the talk about how great our system of justice is (never doubted it until recently) the fact that the man is even allowed to practice law is mind-boggling and that he is a representative of this great system is totally absurd. JMO

Baez should be investigated for his 9 hours a day spent with his client before trial. FCA was permitted to leave home only to see her lawyer or for a court proceding IIRC. She quickly caught on to hanging out at Baez's office all day everyday.

Baez's opening trial statement, one big horrendous lie IMHOO, Baez should be held accountable for single handedly ruining the rest of George A's life IMHOO.

I doubt there will ever be any sanctions recommended and even if there were I doubt the FL Bar will care.

I can remember a time during the Natalie Holloway case when we thought Aruban courts were not being fair because they said there was not enough evidence. Must be catchy. jmo

I often wonder how the FLA Bar can justify keeping him as a member. Is this really the person you want being the poster boy for your association? I'd cut him loose in a NY minute. How many complaints does he have now? They should have gone with their first instincts and not admitted him. I don't care what the verdict was, he is not a good attorney AT ALL.

ETA: and with all the talk about how great our system of justice is (never doubted it until recently) the fact that the man is even allowed to practice law is mind-boggling and that he is a representative of this great system is totally absurd. JMO

I often wonder why the legal profession seems to get so many exceptions. If JB were a Dr., accountant, or garbage man, he would not be working after what he pulled. Same for Macaluso who was convicted of financial wrongdoing of all things...makes NO sense to me. Maybe because we are dumb enough to elect lawyers to write the rules/laws?

I often wonder why the legal profession seems to get so many exceptions. If JB were a Dr., accountant, or garbage man, he would not be working after what he pulled. Same for Macaluso who was convicted of financial wrongdoing of all things...makes NO sense to me. Maybe because we are dumb enough to elect lawyers to write the rules/laws?

Doctors get away with quite a bit, you just don't hear about it. When I worked in medical records for a doctor's office, the stuff I heard was disconcerting, to say the least.

No matter the profession, there will always be those that break the rules, and there will be those that get away with it. That's the way life is.

Also, while the rules which govern professional conduct in the legal profession are written by lawyers, laws are written by politicians, which come from a variety of backgrounds, income levels, and walks of life.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme
Back