Post-Verdict Therapy

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I felt this way after the OJ trial too, took me a while to get over it. I never did get over my opinion of the jury however. It will help me in this case to hear what they have to say, then maybe I will be able to turn off my opinion of it. But till that time I am just shaking my head. I find it so hard to believe they found 12 people to vote not guilty. There just had to be one person thinking like the majority of the rest of the world. A hung jury I would been able to buy, but 12 saying not guilty is just incomprehensible to me.

*I need to edit this to add, thank God that Scott Peterson was found guilty. I rarely ever reflect on that trial anymore, so I have to believe it is because I agreed with the verdict, but OJ and Casey Anthony forever will return to my mind.

You know, as painful and frustrating as it is to think of Casey being free, having a lucrative life, having another baby (which I heard on the Today show is one her first plans when she gets out), Caylee is ok. If you don't believe in any sort of afterlife, well then she is just gone, and has been for three years. No more pain. She doesn't know this even happened. And if you do believe in an afterlife, she is still out of pain. This verdict doesn't hurt her. She is so beyond it. She is in another world. A beautiful happy peaceful one where this horrible earthly travesty of justice does not effect her in any way.

Casey thinks she has it made. She will be 'free', she'll make money, she'll have men all over her. She thinks she will have the beautiful life now. But I don't think so. Maybe for a while, but Karma is strong. I've dealt with Karma. Nobody escapes it. It may be many years, but it will find her.

I'm still hurting and grieving over this, but Caylee isn't, no matter where she is or what form she is in. She's happy, she's at peace. She is beyond it all. Rest in Peace, little sweetheart. *advertiser censored*

Justice for Caylee is now Just Us for Caylee. But, you are right. Caylee no longer feels pain and does not have to be exposed to a toxic family.

As hard as this is, try to keep some perspective..

There are mothers who kill their kids every day and are never caught! KC was caught. She's already spent three years in jail. Some parents murder their babies, are convicted, and because of wacky laws serve less time than that! Because of her thievery, KC is a felon. That will follow her around her entire life. She may not have been convicted in the eyes of the law- but because of the media attention (and a little common sense), she has been judged by most to be involved in the death of her child. That will make it harder (not impossible, but harder) to make oodles of money off the death of her child and to live bella vita. She is going to be watched closely. If she has another child, all eyes will be upon her. She darn well better be a good mother next time, the kind of mother that Caylee deserved, because if she's not... well, the next jury won't be so forgiving.

As hard as this is, try to keep some perspective..

There are mothers who kill their kids every day and are never caught! KC was caught. She's already spent three years in jail. Some parents murder their babies, are convicted, and because of wacky laws serve less time than that! Because of her thievery, KC is a felon. That will follow her around her entire life. She may not have been convicted in the eyes of the law- but because of the media attention (and a little common sense), she has been judged by most to be involved in the death of her child. That will make it harder (not impossible, but harder) to make oodles of money off the death of her child and to live bella vita. She is going to be watched closely. If she has another child, all eyes will be upon her. She darn well better be a good mother next time, the kind of mother that Caylee deserved, because if she's not... well, the next jury won't be so forgiving.

A crackhead put her baby in the washing machine (yes it was on) The hospital knew this woman was on drugs, why was she allowed to keep her baby? I know of 2 babies being put in microwaves and not too long ago one lost 7 fingers to the family ferret while the parents left the children at home alone. Babies have been left to be eaten by the family dogs, left in cars to die in their car seats. When did our world get this way and why? I guess we need to do more to protect the children, but where do we start? I think there needs to be more laws and harsher punishment for hurting these babies.

I did sign the petition for Caylees law, it's a start.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor
Back