Post Verdict -Working Out The Unresolved Questions

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
GS never testified in front of the jury. He was called by defense and he testified in a hearing but was never used as a witness by either side. I don't think he would have been useful as a witness. Defense just wanted him to use against the State as withholding a witness and that is the only reason he testified for the hearing. It ended up getting GS into a lot of trouble. That seems to be the case for many of the witnesses who were able to testify on Jodi's behalf. jmo

We always knew Travis had good taste:

"At Grammys, Daft Punk dominate with 4 big wins"

I never knew you in life Trav, but I miss you a lot when I see things like that.

We always knew Travis had good taste:

"At Grammys, Daft Punk dominate with 4 big wins"

I never knew you in life Trav, but I miss you a lot when I see things like that.

Daft Punk's Random Access Memories won album of the year.
Jodi will want to take credit for that. Mitigating factor?

We know she deposited $300 in her bank account after she supposedly met with PS. Most people don't have $300 in cash so I would imagine there is a paper trail for him and we know there is one for JA. She deposited $400 in cash, $300 in cash and $100 in cash. Three separate deposits on the same day within a short period of time, which is very suspicious. So it appears someone gave her $400, $100 and PS gave her the $300. Plus she said under oath she had about $180 plus or minus cash on her, I believe. Darryl also testified that Jodi had told him she was going to Mesa. So it is quite possible she did tell PS that she needed the money because of a cheating boyfriend and he fell for it and gave her the money.

PS had nothing significant to add to the State's case and I would imagine that was why he was never called to testify. They had Darryl's statement which is the one they wanted. JM also never attempted to contact Gus about testifying. Darryl was clearly the most credible on the stand. Not sure I'd believe the other two were I on the jury. So maybe JM made a judgment call. I don't know. It's interesting because JM had Bobbi, Matt, Gus and PS to give statements. Who did he pick to testify? It was the man who sounded the most credible of all of them. jmo

BBM ~ IMO, Gus, Matt, Bobbi probably all have criminal records..? Which would be why JM didn't want them.

Also, Daryl was the only supposed person that Jodi stopped and visited on her "road trip" to Mesa.

Way back when, there was speculation that MM was with Jodi and/or knows where the weapons are stashed.

Personally, I don't believe Travis was borrowing from Jodi. I don't think she had the amounts he'd need. Wasn't he trying to get some amounts in the thousands from the Hughes?

And if you look at the trips, it seems they didn't take one after September or October of 2007, and I personally don't believe he made her pay for Sedona or the Hibasupi trip. Travis wore his heart on his sleeve and he loved to help people. I just don't see him making her pay him back for short trips. Longer, more expensive trips with flights involved, probably--especially after money was getting tight for him.

My guess is this. He either paid for her to fly home for Christmas, and that's what these checks are about, or she was paying him for the upcoming convention trip in OK City.

ETA--

I believe she wrote in her diary at Christmas that Travis had given her a 1000 places calendar? Or maybe ALV testified to that. So I believe the travelling was probably something new Travis wanted to do as a 2008 goal. It's entirely possible that Jodi actually gave him the calendar when he announced to her that he had his own 1000 places goal, and she simply latched on to his plans.

I have to go back an look at her journals and make sure she didn't mention 1000 Places before x-mas of 2007, though.

Perhaps he was borrowing the commission from her PPL sales?

This is one thing that is never brought. Did Jodi actually make money working for PPL??

Jodi documented her activities of June 2 - June 7 very carefully. Except for when she was in Mesa like Martinez said.
Just in case anyone suspects her of murder, she was prepared to show all her receipts to show the absence of her being in Mesa. She saved them carefully in her shoe box.:floorlaugh:

I analyzed what Jodi was trying to do at WAMU on June 3.
Here I am assuming the check deposit came from her own check writing, because I remember during cross Martinez asked her about why she was moving money between accounts. She answered something to do with income tax deduction and Martinez asked her if she ever filed income tax return, quickly followed by objection from defense. Judge sustained the objection. I want to watch this again but can't find any video with this portion of cross included.

-Deposits $400 (we still need to know who gave her the cash) to xxxx8006, Balance $548.65
-Writes a check for $300 from xxxx8006, deposits to xxxx7148. Balance $240.43. Available balance $207.43. WAMU withholds $33 because it is a check deposit.
-Writes a check for $100 from xxxx8006 or has extra cash $100, Deposits to xxxx7148.

What she was documenting here is to prove the trip was for business. "Take a look at it prosecutor, I borrowed $400 from my personal acct, and I'm charging all my travel expenses to my business acct. My trip to Utah was for business."
She did not deposit the initial $400 directly to the business acct because if a future prosecutor asks about $400 profit/income, she had an answer ready.

All in all she had $340.43 in her business acct plus some cash for this trip. (and $148.65 or 248.65 in her personal acct.)
She used cash to purchase the gas can at Walmart, and to purchase gas for gas cans at Arco, Pasadena. She was smart enough to use cash for the gas can plus gas but she was dumb and lazy to keep those receipts purchased with cash.

She spent around $300 on gas only(paid with debit card only), and she needed another $250 or so to pay for the rental car as of June 7. She probably needed to make more deposit before returning the rental car if she was sticking to her original plan.
I recall her June 6-7 activities after Sparks Nevada location are somewhat murky. She purchased more gas than was necessary for her trip from SLC to home even if we believe her story about going to Yreka first then to Redding.
I suspect she used those extra gas to get to places, get more cash and deposit into her account before heading to Budget.

:cheers:

BBM ~ And I wonder what places were those? Crater Lake perhaps?

Daft Punk's Random Access Memories won album of the year.
Jodi will want to take credit for that. Mitigating factor?

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Thanks! pocketaccent you made my day!!! :loveyou:

This is one thing that is never brought. Did Jodi actually make money working for PPL??

From memory only during the trial, I thought she allegedly earned less than $5K total from PPL over a two-year period.

She was at the bottom of the ol' PPL MLM pyramid, and didn't have the personality and well-heeled connections to make it work for her.

Besides, TA said she neglected to 'work the program'.

BBM ~ IMO, Gus, Matt, Bobbi probably all have criminal records..? Which would be why JM didn't want them.

Also, Daryl was the only supposed person that Jodi stopped and visited on her "road trip" to Mesa.

Way back when, there was speculation that MM was with Jodi and/or knows where the weapons are stashed.

BBM: That has never been reported in the MSM. Gus was just not credible, Bobbi is an actor with nothing to add as far as testimony and Matt, well, he would have gotten into a lot of trouble had he tried to testify according to JM. JA testified she stopped the day her trip started and spent the night with Matt and one of Matt's friends. JA then went to have breakfast with Darryl and his son. Knowing JA as we do, I would think she wanted something from Matt and probably got it. We may never know for sure unless Matt writes a tell-all book when this is over. jmo

From memory only during the trial, I thought she allegedly earned less than $5K total from PPL over a two-year period.

She was at the bottom of the ol' PPL MLM pyramid, and didn't have the personality and well-heeled connections to make it work for her.

It just seems odd that she was able to attend all those conventions. Maybe I don't understand how that works. Do PPL people have to pay their own to these events? TIA.

BBM: That has never been reported in the MSM. Gus was just not credible, Bobbi is an actor with nothing to add as far as testimony and Matt, well, he would have gotten into a lot of trouble had he tried to testify according to JM. JA testified she stopped the day her trip started and spent the night with Matt and one of Matt's friends. JA then went to have breakfast with Darryl and his son. Knowing JA as we do, I would think she wanted something from Matt and probably got it. We may never know for sure unless Matt writes a tell-all book when this is over. jmo

BBM ~ Wouldn't that be nice.

I wonder what Matt would have that Jodi wants? Money? Drugs? Learn how to shoot a gun? Since she claims she was terrified of guns.

BBM ~ Wouldn't that be nice.

I wonder what Matt would have that Jodi wants? Money? Drugs? Learn how to shoot a gun? Since she claims she was terrified of guns.

He worked in a lot of restaurants. Maybe he had some nice knives. Didn't JA say, when she was arrested, that she was returning the box which contained books and a couple of knives to a "friend". I think that might have been Matt. I hope he does write a book. He has a lot to share. jmo

BBM

If that's true, then Matt probably can't say/write a word of truth without implicating himself as well.

I'm not holding my breath.

It just seems odd that she was able to attend all those conventions. Maybe I don't understand how that works. Do PPL people have to pay their own to these events? TIA.

I don't think we've ever seen a complete accounting of all of her cash 'sources'.

We know that she 'waitressed' for pay.

We know that TA paid her for cleaning his house -- and for whatever else.

We know that she grew cannabis on her parents' roof.

She was known to sleep in vehicles and under Christmas trees.

Why would she even need a room at a PPL event?

She could crash in the lobby, her car, or share a room with another willing PPL'er or a stranger.

PPL probably provided at least snacks and drinks.

And when she rode/stayed with her victim, she didn't even have to drive or get a room.

I don't think we've ever seen a complete accounting of all of her cash 'sources'.

We know that she 'waitressed' for pay.

We know that TA paid her for cleaning his house -- and for whatever else.

We know that she grew cannabis on her parents' roof.

She was known to sleep in vehicles and under Christmas trees.

Why would she even need a room at a PPL event?

She could crash in the lobby, her car, or share a room with another willing PPL'er or a stranger.

PPL probably provided at least snacks and drinks.

And when she rode/stayed with her victim, she didn't even have to drive or get a room.

She was the PPL and LDS leecher.

She more likely 'worked the room' rather than the program. :facepalm:

GS never testified in front of the jury. He was called by defense and he testified in a hearing but was never used as a witness by either side. I don't think he would have been useful as a witness. Defense just wanted him to use against the State as withholding a witness and that is the only reason he testified for the hearing. It ended up getting GS into a lot of trouble. That seems to be the case for many of the witnesses who were able to testify on Jodi's behalf. jmo

Gus Searcy was so a witness in the trial before the jury. On this video, about 1:14 minutes in, Nurmi asks Searcy to introduce himself to the jury. At about an hour into this, they are notified of one jury question for Searcy.

[video=youtube;d2X6CeMq834]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2X6CeMq834[/video]

He also testified in a closed hearing that included Chris Hughes, Abe, and maybe Sky, I can't remember if Sky came in.

So, as I was saying before, if Stern actually could testify that Jodi came to him the day before the murder and got money from him, and if she'd actually told him she was frantic to see Travis, this would be the needle in her syringe.

I don't believe this man was seeking fame. I believe he simply got his year wrong. And if Pocketaccent is right about her floating checks somehow, the new question could be where is this supposed money from Paul?

I believe the rest of what he said is credible, and he's the one who funded Jodi's move from Big Sur to AZ, and not Travis.

I'm not sure how he can borrow off her commission sales before the checks hit her always bouncing bank account. How can he access that before she can?

It was brought up a few times that she was not successful in PPL. That is the reason she went to Gus for help. Additionally, she said she only did well one month out of the whole thing, and I believe that's the month she won that trip she took Travis on.

It was brought up that she hadn't done well by her own self, Gus, Travis in a text message where she was trying to get his help making a goal but hung up on him, and by Darryl, who made it sound as if she thought she was going to make it big in PPL.

ETA--while I'm at this. Her taking Travis on the only trip she ever won from PPL for the best earnings she'd ever had and then hearing that he was taking Mimi on the international trip would probably not sit well with Jodi. Speculating that they could have even had an agreement that he'd take her on the Cancun trip in return or something. Just speculation, but if so, him breaking that agreement would probably infuriate her.

He worked in a lot of restaurants. Maybe he had some nice knives. Didn't JA say, when she was arrested, that she was returning the box which contained books and a couple of knives to a "friend". I think that might have been Matt. I hope he does write a book. He has a lot to share. jmo

The knives were Darryl's, and I believe she said the books were Matt's.

Jodi documented her activities of June 2 - June 7 very carefully. Except for when she was in Mesa like Martinez said.
Just in case anyone suspects her of murder, she was prepared to show all her receipts to show the absence of her being in Mesa. She saved them carefully in her shoe box.:floorlaugh:

I analyzed what Jodi was trying to do at WAMU on June 3.
Here I am assuming the check deposit came from her own check writing, because I remember during cross Martinez asked her about why she was moving money between accounts. She answered something to do with income tax deduction and Martinez asked her if she ever filed income tax return, quickly followed by objection from defense. Judge sustained the objection. I want to watch this again but can't find any video with this portion of cross included.....

Snipped for space.

I don't understand what's going on with the checks. You gave a detailed description. I appreciate it, but I still don't get it. I, too, recall how JM asked her about borrowing money from her accounts like that to put money from one into the other, but I didn't understand how that can been seen on the bank receipts presented.

I would think it would say "transfer," but I guess if she wrote checks, we wouldn't see that.

I also recall JM asking her when the last time was that she filed some taxes, and he got a standing objection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member