Post your PROFILE

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why doesnt the police compare the voice of the man who called Amanda to the voice of the drifter?

The drifter collected "Living Dead" dolls!

We have heard LE say MP and JB are not suspects in the death of SG. I have not heard anyone say THE DRIFTER is not a suspect in her death. Who is he? Can he be heard on the 911 tapes? Where was he when MP went into JB home? Whats his name? Where does he live? Why is he called the drifter? He collects dolls. Is he a machanic? Vernon Geberth DOES NOT believe Shannan died accidently. He believes she was killed.

I do not believe Shannan SAT DOWN in the marsh to take off her pants and pull them over her ankles. Its not what you do if you believe you are being chased or any other reason. Vernon Geberth writings are used to train homicide detectives around the country. He said the area SG was found is consistant with a body being dumped. The area her items were found is consistant with evidence being disposed of.

After all this time, I honestly still don't have a theory. :sigh: I just go back and forth, around and around! :banghead:

It would be interesting to know how Micky was spelt on the burn phones.

Admittedly, I am not even close to finishing this 41-page thread. But in just the first few pages of posts, I'm flabbergasted by the misogyny displayed by so many posters!

Serial killers are present all over the world. They are psychopaths whose brains go awry, either due to genetics, environment, or both. The field of epigenetics is currently exploding. It's the study of how environmental factors turn on or off certain genes and genetic expressions. If the genetic tendencies aren't there to begin with, then the environmental factors can't turn the switches on or off. And these genetic expressions happen way more so in early life than later life.

Serial killers aren't the result of overbearing wives or mothers. Violent psychopaths often do have a history of abuse, and that can come from a mother, a father, another family member, etc.

Some serial killers have a hatred of women, but many are just looking for an easy victim. They enjoy the kill. It's like a drug. And female prostitutes are easy victims; they are already vulnerable, often drug-addicted, and viewed as "less than."

Yes, it's possible that there is some woman-hating pathology present. Ted Bundy killed women who looked like one of his exes. But why, in 2014, do so many of us automatically assume that some hen-pecking woman has pushed a man over the edge? A violent psychopath is a violent psychopath--regardless of whom he marries!

...I think that the GB victims were killed by the same person. I think that a different person or possibly people committed the Manorville killings....
It's interesting that Dormer (or whoever) originally thought Manorville and GB4 were separate, then changed that to just one killer. Maybe the dispersion of Jessica Taylor's body parts had something to do with that? Not that I'm saying that SCPD has been right about anything so far....but for some reason they changed their official line to "just one killer".

It's interesting that Dormer (or whoever) originally thought Manorville and GB4 were separate, then changed that to just one killer. Maybe the dispersion of Jessica Taylor's body parts had something to do with that? Not that I'm saying that SCPD has been right about anything so far....but for some reason they changed their official line to "just one killer".

I always thought that they leaned more toward multiple killers? Or that they initially thought there were more than one, then changed their view to just one, then changed again to more than one? Hard to keep track. Based on what's been made public, it looks like more than one to me; but that's just my theory.

What I got from the latest press conference regarding Bittroff (and I may be completely wrong) was that LE has compelling evidence that links the 10 Gilgo victims amd definitely separates them from Bittroff's victims. Do they have DNA? That would indicate a different killer. Maybe hair or fibers? Of course, I don't know but I got that they have strong evidence we don't know about.

True your right. It could be that. I for some reason have been thinkings that the dna sample was left on the crime scene because they were described as posed. I was thinking bittrolff posed them for himself for sexual reasons. But of course I don't know.

Colleen was also going to the south shore treatment center when she was murdered which lends me to believe she was probably on Methadone? and not currently involved in prostitution. Here mom had said she'd been cleaning up and turning her life around when she died. So if she was not strung out and was on maintenance (im assuming she was a heroin user, again big assumptions here) she might not have been prostituting herself. Then again...why would she get in a car w bittrolff so she may have relapsed around the time of her death...

It would be interesting to see if Bittrolff has ever sought treatment for drug or alchohol problem

True your right. It could be that. I for some reason have been thinkings that the dna sample was left on the crime scene because they were described as posed. I was thinking bittrolff posed them for himself for sexual reasons. But of course I don't know.

Colleen was also going to the south shore treatment center when she was murdered which lends me to believe she was probably on Methadone? and not currently involved in prostitution. Here mom had said she'd been cleaning up and turning her life around when she died. So if she was not strung out and was on maintenance (im assuming she was a heroin user, again big assumptions here) she might not have been prostituting herself. Then again...why would she get in a car w bittrolff so she may have relapsed around the time of her death...
He was 27 then and maybe didn't seem threatening.

I will try to break down a few points to evolve my theory.. Starting with Jessica Taylor's case.

First; the uber-intelligent, super-sadistic white guy, the Hollywood Serial Killer, let's call him Hannibal Lecter.

For the purpose of this discussion let's define three types of dismemberment.
1) Forensic Dismemberment: As in JT's case. Arms and head off, plus mutilation of the tattoo. "The entire tattoo had been a winged heart with ''Remy's angel'' written inside, Lieutenant Fitzpatrick said."
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/02/08/nyregion/in-brief-a-manorville-body-is-identified.html

2) Functional Dismemberment. How to fit a body in a duffelbag? Somewhat as in Carina Saunders case
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ly-details-murder-dismemberment-teenager.html

3) Psychopathological Dismemberment: As in Edmund Kemper's case. No links.

Jessica's is no wonder type 1.

The perp is trying to hinder the identification by defacing the tattoo. Now look at the picture and tell if that looks like Hannibal Lecter's job to you.

http://archive.longislandpress.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Taylor_tattoo_enlarged.jpg

That is a half-azzed job. Hannibal would wipe it clear off.

I need to read some more about the "Peaches" lady too. That tattoo was tried to be bitten, as I recall.

Still, the defacing work on Jessica has some to tell.

The body/torso is easily found. 40°52'38.48" and 72°46'46.29" .. That point is what I inferred from the reports. Corrections much appreciated. The torso is just tossed on some branches or leaves.

So,

One; the guy isn't worried that the body will be found, he is more worried that the body will be identified.

Two, he knows he must do something about the tattoo and does the best he could. He makes sure "Remy's Angel" part is gone, but he is too lazy to remove the wing. He knows bodies could be identified by tattoos, but doesn't know to what extent it is possible. And obvious, the most concerning part for him on the tattoo is "Remy's Angel" . Because Remy points to an actual person or in other words perhaps his primary concern is not law, but it is Remy.

I don't think Remy (Khalil White) did it, because if it were the case, I believe JT would never be found or would never be identified.

For reasons I will not elaborate, I believe JT's killer is an African American and someone around Remy and homies. Not like a friend but, maybe someone hanging out with them from time to time, as a lackey perhaps. I remember he was around here, I wish he would be back and contribute.

Btw, I may have missed, JT was sexually assaulted or not? Confirmed?

I need to work a lot for providing my family, so I can't find more time to make more elaborate recaps. I apologize for that. I'll try to go bit by bit and maybe reach a more comprehensive theory in the future.

The time tested functional value of Gilgo Beach. Hopefully coming next, after I consume the "possible victims" thread. Boy! Long Island is like a giant graveyard.

In regard to the peach tattoo, I believe that the tattoo itself was a peach with a bite taken out of it. I don't think it was actually bitten; it was part of the design.

In regard to the peach tattoo, I believe that the tattoo itself was a peach with a bite taken out of it. I don't think it was actually bitten; it was part of the design.

I'll check that. Seems like a piece of information that makes the point in the previous post stronger. Thank you.

Others have pointed out before that Jessica Taylor's killer could have just cut the whole tattoo off and disposed of it elsewhere. He dismembered her body so we know he's not squeamish. Instead he did...this.

It's possible he noticed the tattoo at the last minute just before dumping her body and did what he could with whatever tools he had on hand. Or maybe the scratches had some other meaning, I don't know. But it wasn't the shortest distance between two points.

I don't know if she was sexual assaulted. I don't believe those specifics have ever been released in Jessica's case. In cases like this, I usually assume that the victims were raped.

I don't know if she was sexual assaulted. I don't believe those specifics have ever been released in Jessica's case. In cases like this, I usually assume that the victims were raped.

Many sexual SKs get their sexual gratification from things other than sexual intercourse. Sometimes the act of killing, torturing, or dismembering is what brings them to "climax," for lack of a better word. More evidence of a "broken" brain, IMO.

Either way, even though rape seems logical in these kinds of killings, it may not actually be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member