Pregnant woman crashes car, gives birth alone

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
michelle said:
Oprah actually got her name from the Biblical name orpah but nobody could pronounce it right, they always called her oprah. I guess it just stuck with her and they started calling her that.

Oh! ok, my mistake then. I thought I had heard that they were going for the name Orpah (from the Bible) and misspelled it as Oprah on her birth certificate. Thanks for the correct info Michelle!

Glow said:
Oh! ok, my mistake then. I thought I had heard that they were going for the name Orpah (from the Bible) and misspelled it as Oprah on her birth certificate. Thanks for the correct info Michelle!
I heard that the other day on her show or some show about her. It only stuck out to me because I remember reading the Story in the Bible that she is talking about. It is one of my fav's.

Glow said:
I thought it was a misspelling of Opera!:laugh:

I named my daughter Stefanie, and yes, it was intentional.

Ticamom said:
The name Miracle in Spanish is Milagro. It is considered a pretty name here in Costa Rica. And you have to admit, that baby is a living miracle to have survived all that . I don't think it is an ugly name, and it does stand for something meaningful.It sure beats Apple, dontchathink ?

I don't think it's an ugly name...it the spelling I question. Some of these women are taking "naming the baby" to new levels.

And I think Apple is crazy, but I think spelling this gal saddled her kid with is just as bad. :(

luvbeaches said:
I don't think it's an ugly name...it the spelling I question. Some of these women are taking "naming the baby" to new levels.

And I think Apple is crazy, but I think spelling this gal saddled her kid with is just as bad. :(

I know what you mean, luvbeaches ! Miracle is much nicer than MYracle.
:crazy:

Ticamom said:
I know what you mean, luvbeaches ! Miracle is much nicer than MYracle.
:crazy:

I think so. Sometimes when naming these kids, the very last thing they seem to be doing is thinking about tagging these kids with crazy spellings of their names (for the rest of their lives).

I think she spelled the name the way she wanted it spelled.

There maybe many reasons she did not tell her family she was pregnant.
I had complications with both my sons and can only imagine the fear and pain she went thru.
She was going to the hospital, it is not like she was going to toss the kid in the garbage. And she named the child with feeling. I cannot bash her for anything.

I dont see the problem with the spelling or the name. I mean, parents pick the names they do for a reason. Its something significant to them weather it be they just liked the name or it stands for something. I think its pretty sad that as a bunch of adults we're already making fun of her name, and i thought children were mean.

I don't think anyone is making fun of the name. As names go it's alright, it's the spelling that's horrible.

Take it from someone who had a name no one could pronounce right much less spell, it gets old after a while to always have to say it, then spell it. Normal is much better.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fruit
Back