President Gerald Ford passes away

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Tom'sGirl said:
Betty Ford was never a tall person as far as I can tell in any photos I have seen of here standing next to another woman. I'll have to ask my aunt as she saw her several times down in Palm Desert at different functions.

She'll be 89 in April and how she endured a week long event such as this is to be commended and I don't know how she did it.

I never knew she had been married prior to Gerald, somehow I must have missed that years ago.

Yes. She is an amazing person. She and President Ford have done us proud as a nation. They are loved and respected by people of all backgrounds and political persuations.

capps said:
I have always admired President Ford,he seemed the most down to earth and sincere,I felt his death and funeral was some what squeezed into the news,beccause of the other big news, the deaths of James Brown and Saddam Hussein.I received my Time magazine,and they had only two pages on his passing and history ...when President Reagan passed,half the magazine was about him.

It irritated me also. He only got one page in People with the other page being a photo. You're right it was unfortunate that it happend in the midst of all this other stuff.

kato said:
It irritated me also. He only got one page in People with the other page being a photo. You're right it was unfortunate that it happend in the midst of all this other stuff.

I agree; I sure hate that Saddam got more press than President Ford.

He wouldn't have cared though; he just loved his family and friends. From what I saw though, they had a lovely, understated funeral considering; and Grand Rapids went "all out". I love small, midwestern towns and cities. they have "class". IMO

Tom'sGirl said:
Betty Ford was never a tall person as far as I can tell in any photos I have seen of here standing next to another woman. I'll have to ask my aunt as she saw her several times down in Palm Desert at different functions.

She'll be 89 in April and how she endured a week long event such as this is to be commended and I don't know how she did it.

I never knew she had been married prior to Gerald, somehow I must have missed that years ago.

I heard on TV that when he was elected to Congress, he was advised by everyone "not to marry Betty" (loose woman, divorced)

He said to hell with it, I'm marrying the woman I love.

Marthatex said:
I agree; I sure hate that Saddam got more press than President Ford.

He wouldn't have cared though; he just loved his family and friends. From what I saw though, they had a lovely, understated funeral considering; and Grand Rapids went "all out". I love small, midwestern towns and cities. they have "class". IMO

Like I told my BF he seemed to be a good Christian man. I was only 9 when he took office so don't remember those days. Just from what I've read and seen since.

Marthatex said:
I heard on TV that when he was elected to Congress, he was advised by everyone "not to marry Betty" (loose woman, divorced)

Good for him! I never knew she had been married before.

Marthatex said:

Yes, but he did agree to keep their engagement a secret until after the election. I've never read that Betty was a loose woman, just a divorcee. Unless being a Martha Graham dancer makes one loose! ;)

ljwf22 said:
Yes, but he did agree to keep their engagement a secret until after the election. I've never read that Betty was a loose woman, just a divorcee. Unless being a Martha Graham dancer makes one loose! ;)

Did you see 60 Minutes the other night, about Betty? She is awesome. Honest, down to earth, warm and classy. Love her. By the way, am I right that you are from Mich.? Where? I grew up in Kalamazoo.

Eve

eve said:
Did you see 60 Minutes the other night, about Betty? She is awesome. Honest, down to earth, warm and classy. Love her. By the way, am I right that you are from Mich.? Where? I grew up in Kalamazoo.

Eve
I am south of Kalamazoo, 20 min. Grew up in Sturgis, live south of Vicksburg. I agree Betty Ford is a gem.

ljwf22 said:
I am south of Kalamazoo, 20 min. Grew up in Sturgis, live south of Vicksburg. I agree Betty Ford is a gem.

Well, hey there to a fellow SW Michigander!

Eve

eve said:
Well, hey there to a fellow SW Michigander!

Eve
Hey back at you! I am a teacher as well. It's silent reading time.... ;)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SluethinAway
Back