Pretrial motions

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously? Off to go check WRAL.com

ETA: I don't see anything online about it.

I've heard independently that the trial is not starting tomorrow. Maybe Wednesday. Or maybe Thursday... a full jury (incl. alternates) has not been seated yet. Plus they still need to go through some motions before the trial begins.

The positive though is that they actually seated 12 jurors so far. I was convinced it would take them at least another week. These wheels of justice sure turn slowwwwlllly.

Hey SG,

Can you tell me which courtroom BC is in? I have the hardest time finding things in the online calendars, and I'm hoping to be able to attend some.

Thanks!

I have no idea as I haven't been to the courthouse. However, the judge is Gessner so wherever he is.

It looks like 3B from the live feed. Definitely third floor, Wake County

Hi RKAB! So glad you're still around.

Regarding motions, something to keep in mind: just because the defense asks for something in a motion, it doesn't mean it a. exists or b. is the truth.

Attorneys play lots of games with each other and filing motions is one way to put information (and rumor) out into the public. [ snipped ]

So the bottom line: don't believe everything you read in a motion. Wait for trial testimony to see what is and isn't true.

Quite correct SG,

I know of at least 2 situations. My wife was a paralegal and was writing a request for discovery at the behest of an attorney. He asked what she thought was a strange question regarding the person ever being confined to or treated by a mental hospital. When she questioned the attorney about this to find out if he knew anything about it he told her "no, I am just throwing him a rabbit to chase and get him worried that I might know something about his client that he does not know".

In another instance, I was on a jury once. It was a strange case for a jury trial and believe it or not was about a divorce. There was a lot of testimony and evidence introduced and a lot of bickering by the legal team. At one point one of the lawyers had some pictures of the lady on his desk that showed her with a bandaged head, severely black eyes and face swelling. They were not introduced in evidence and to me it was apparent that they were the result of some surgery that she had undergone. There was testimony about the surgery, but I had a strong feeling that the attorney might have left them on his desk within view of the jury to attempt to gain sympathy for the client. I am sure he could have introduced them and said that the husband did not provide for her comfort after the surgery or something, and maybe that was the intent, but you never know.

CyberPro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member