Prosecutor Juan Martinez releases new book, February 2016 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But IIRC there was no strap on the camera or in the washer when it was recovered. Seems a strange thing to think about removing after you've slaughtered your obsession and done a hasty cleanup.

I'm not sure her clean up was all that hasty.

Good point about not strap found in wash, but if it was her own it wouldn't have taken more than a second or two to take it off. She obviously spent time on the camera afterwards, deleting photos, so I don't think it's a stretch she simply took off her strap at the same time.

Thinking more about it, I just can't imagine that she held that camera in her hand the whole time she stabbed him 27 odd times, some of the stabs more than 5" deep.

I think her only focus was on killing him and her rage. If she wanted a trophy photo she could have taken one of him dead. She didn't. And I don't see how the camera could have been videotaping if the inadvertent photos were individual shots, not stills from a video, which they apparently weren't.

Oy, poor Daryl.
The change in his tone as soon as Juan starts asking about the gas cans for the trip to Mesa is extreme. He knew exactly where that was going.
He goes on to avoid committing to any real answer as much as possible, which makes me feel less bad for him but man, those first few questions, you can HEAR him wanting to flee.

Sounds great.

No prison food here, either. I made chicken piccata: thin cut chicken breast in lemon/white wine sauce with mushrooms, garlic, onions, and a few capers. Served with sauteed spinach and a small serving of angel hair pasta. Oh, and a nice buttery Chardonnay.

Choke on that, JA.

I'm choking on it. I had a Big Mac for supper to celebrate an academic win by my son-- his choice of meal.:eek::eek:

Do you deliver?

An oddity.

TA's journal was found in his car, parked in the garage. That's strange for a meticulous man who prized his journals, but add to that, TA's Bible and what looks like a planner were found in his car as well, in the front seat. (first photo below).

But the journal was found somewhere else in his car, and not on a seat. On a floor mat maybe? (second photo below).

I'm thinking she may have taken his journal into his car to read while he slept, not knowing yet she was there.

Attachments

• IMG_20160218_121115.jpg
    IMG_20160218_121115.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_20160218_121033.jpg
    IMG_20160218_121033.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 66
Ha! JM tells him he interviewed with the Maricopa Co. Public Defender office. He was rejected because he wasn't "aggressive" enough

The is was good interview with Vinnie Politan. And JW Juan Martinez didn't mentioned anything that would have violated his office ethics. Unlike what you did during the trial.

News Break (since everyon is here...mods can move if need be)

K Nurmi is on The Daily Share with Mike Galanos of HLN.

Topic is "the next jodi arias case" and the likeness between the 2 cases.

Angelika Groswald murdered her fiance Vincent Viagore on Apr 19, 2015.

Suspect Groswald was interviewed by PD for hours until she 'broke down' according to KN. During the time alone in the interview room, Groswald played imaginary hopscotch, did yoga, and the small bit I saw she was acting strange when the detective was talking to her (MOO).

KN then plugged his book and the entire time had his website on the screen. He looks like he did during the first trial, but older...time has been hard on him.

Wonder how much KN got for giving his expertise knowledge on the new case. This could be a new side job?

This should be posted on HLN later, it was not as of 11:50am CT

I'm not clear when exactly, in the sequence of events, this photo was taken. It's in the bathroom, but before Travis' throat was slit? After that they're headed down the hallway and she drags him back?

I thought the other photo with the pant leg was after the episode in the hallway and his throat was slit. If before, it's gotta mean that the events unfolded over a longer extent of time (in terms of elapsed seconds) than was originally calculated?

'Cos it doesn't seem as though Travis' throat was slit in this photo, which means it wasn't slit in the other similar photo either.

I agree that his throat was not cut in that picture at least not cut the way the autopsy pics showed. My DH had throat surgery and afterwards he had to keep his head and neck still. He had a sign at the head of his bed that stated "DO NOT MOVE PATIENTS HEAD" His neck muscles were cut and one was removed because of cancer. It was replaced with a muscle from his chest. He could not raise his head alone for a long time. He had to use his hand to help raise his head. So if Travis's neck was cut clear to the spine, his head would have flopped and no way it would be raised like it was in the picture, if he had no muscle to hold it up.

Doncha know? We're all still going to be on this board discussing the case when the sidebar secrets get released!

New case now being compared to the felons is the Angelika Groswald case...even entertains the camera waiting for the dectective to finish questioning....will we all move over there? After CA and JA now this one?

Hopefully this will be allowed since it's just a bigger pic of what we've already seen from numerous sources... this one is from JM's book. http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/006...pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=2230154002&pf_rd_i=916520

View attachment 89289

For reference, here's a couple pics of the bathroom cabinets/vanity from the crime scene pics, I'm thinking, based on the lack of bleaching on some of the items in the washing machine(and what we can see under the sink in these pics), that perhaps the smell of bleach was from JA using the cleaning sprays, the one missing brown towel from just outside the toilet cubicle, and the messed up brownish t-shirt to mop/clean up with and did not actually dump laundry bleach in the whole wash.

Oh and the bullet casing was found right by that door stop in the second pic, just under the opened cabinet/vanity door.

View attachment 89290View attachment 89291

I must beg to differ with JM on one point (descriptor under photo), T's throat couldn't have been slit at that point with his head as high as it is, even if he were unconscious or deceased she'd have had to have grabbed ahold of his hair to have his head at that level (and we'd be seeing one of those super-sized hands of hers) - with a slashed neck, I just do not think it's possible.

IMVHO the only way his neck could have been cut at that point is if what we're seeing is the neck slash itself (with chin above it and her arm reaching over his face), and the dark blob being the back of her head. But I feel less convinced of that, something is just wrong with the 'head', no blood on the back of it (and there is a great lot of it in the autopsy picture), too high for a deceased, neck-slashed person, I just don't think we're seeing what we think we see in it.

You could be right about the cleaning solution causing the bleach-spotting Val, I can't recall the testimony about the bleach (in rebuttal, right?) whether JM said there was evidence on the bottle that she's used it or if he only presumed because of the spotting on some of the laundry contents.

I'm not sure her clean up was all that hasty.

Good point about not strap found in wash, but if it was her own it wouldn't have taken more than a second or two to take it off. She obviously spent time on the camera afterwards, deleting photos, so I don't think it's a stretch she simply took off her strap at the same time.

Thinking more about it, I just can't imagine that she held that camera in her hand the whole time she stabbed him 27 odd times, some of the stabs more than 5" deep.

I think her only focus was on killing him and her rage. If she wanted a trophy photo she could have taken one of him dead. She didn't. And I don't see how the camera could have been videotaping if the inadvertent photos were individual shots, not stills from a video, which they apparently weren't.

Yes. JM and Flores said the cleanup "took some time". Could she have stripped the bed after the sex and put the sheets in the washer? Then after the killing she gathered the towel etc, the camera and put it in the washer, the sheets into the dryer and started them both on her way out the door?

It's very hard to imaging trying to kill Travis with a knife in one hand and camera in the other

I'm not clear when exactly, in the sequence of events, this photo was taken. It's in the bathroom, but before Travis' throat was slit? After that they're headed down the hallway and she drags him back?

I thought the other photo with the pant leg was after the episode in the hallway and his throat was slit. If before, it's gotta mean that the events unfolded over a longer extent of time (in terms of elapsed seconds) than was originally calculated?

'Cos it doesn't seem as though Travis' throat was slit in this photo, which means it wasn't slit in the other similar photo either.

There's only one photo with a pant leg, it's the second to last accidental picture (1st accidental pic was his lower half in the shower at 5:30:30, 2nd pic was of the ceiling at 5:31:14 (44 sec later), then the pant leg photo at 5:32:16 (1 min, 2 sec after ceiling, 1 min 46 sec after 1st pic) then the 'dragging pic at 5:33:32 (1 min, 16 sec after pant leg pic, 3 min 2 sec after 1st pic).

I think the attack began just as the 1st accidental pic was taken and he was deceased at the last pic, 3 min and 2 sec later (mainly because I was able to isloate his hand in the very last pic, and it appears quite limp and blood is all over the hallway), I think in that very last pic she was dragging him to the shower area to shoot him and then try to hide him. I do not think everything was accomplished between the 1st and 3rd (pant leg) pic, not enough time to get from the shower to the bathroom area and then down the hallway to where she slashed him.

Hope my math on time is correct, it's not my strong suit. :eek:

I must beg to differ with JM on one point (descriptor under photo), T's throat couldn't have been slit at that point with his head as high as it is, even if he were unconscious or deceased she'd have had to have grabbed ahold of his hair to have his head at that level (and we'd be seeing one of those super-sized hands of hers) - with a slashed neck, I just do not think it's possible.

IMVHO the only way his neck could have been cut at that point is if what we're seeing is the neck slash itself (with chin above it and her arm reaching over his face), and the dark blob being the back of her head. But I feel less convinced of that, something is just wrong with the 'head', no blood on the back of it (and there is a great lot of it in the autopsy picture), too high for a deceased, neck-slashed person, I just don't think we're seeing what we think we see in it.

You could be right about the cleaning solution causing the bleach-spotting Val, I can't recall the testimony about the bleach (in rebuttal, right?) whether JM said there was evidence on the bottle that she's used it or if he only presumed because of the spotting on some of the laundry contents.
FWIW - we can't see whether or not (God forbid) if one of her hands is supporting his head at that angle after the throat slash, because she has a grip on his hair to hold it up. Just throwing out an option.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Ha! JM tells him he interviewed with the Maricopa Co. Public Defender office. He was rejected because he wasn't "aggressive" enough

Hi Tex, I loved this personal little revelation about Juan. A couple things come to mind regarding this and a few other personal disclosures he made during this interview, particularly in light of Juan having demonstrated very clearly that he is quite private and never shared personal information about himself throughout this years long ordeal---First, he wanted to set the record straight about what kind of person he is despite how the "media" and other lawyers characterized him as "aggressive". Secondly, he wanted to demonstrate that 's cunning and manipulation was so pervasive it was an absolute necessity to employ such hardcore tactics if he were to get a conviction. Finally, I sense that Juan may have been slightly offended by the negative way he was sometimes being portrayed and he wanted people to know a little about the real man behind the professional man-on-the-job warrior prosecutor.

I must say I deeply respect that Juan saw the media and attention as an opportunity for the American people to become more educated about our criminal justice system.

Didn't Flores say in his interrogation of Jodi that he'd worked with JM before?

He said something along the lines, that Juan was a tough prosecutor, and warned JA that she shouldn't continue to lie.

Have any of you read Nurmis book? I had no interest in it, but seeing that it's available online for free and I am looking for something to read on my lunch break I pulled it up.
The contrast between his and Juans approach continues to be stark.
Nurmi writes the way he lawyers... like he's talking to idiots. He got the case, and the case came with a lot of 'stuff'. He had a lot of 'stuff' to learn, but don't worry! He'll tell you about that later. He got more 'stuff', and he'll tell you about that in his next book.
Where Juan obsesses about getting through his court appearance so that he can get back to looking into the gas cans, Nurmi writes 'It was a Monday and I was begrudgingly coming into the
office on a Monday like most of us with nine to five jobs do on Monday mornings. After going through my customary ritual of setting my stuff down and turning on the radio to the local sports talk station I turned on my computer and checked my e-mail.'

I wonder what day of the week that happened?

lawls. Oh Nurmi. I get why your book is free for everyone.

Have any of you read Nurmis book? I had no interest in it, but seeing that it's available online for free and I am looking for something to read on my lunch break I pulled it up.
The contrast between his and Juans approach continues to be stark.
Nurmi writes the way he lawyers... like he's talking to idiots. He got the case, and the case came with a lot of 'stuff'. He had a lot of 'stuff' to learn, but don't worry! He'll tell you about that later. He got more 'stuff', and he'll tell you about that in his next book.
Where Juan obsesses about getting through his court appearance so that he can get back to looking into the gas cans, Nurmi writes 'It was a Monday and I was begrudgingly coming into the
office on a Monday like most of us with nine to five jobs do on Monday mornings. After going through my customary ritual of setting my stuff down and turning on the radio to the local sports talk station I turned on my computer and checked my e-mail.'

I wonder what day of the week that happened?

lawls. Oh Nurmi. I get why your book is free for everyone.

BBM: Really? That is interesting and unexpected. Ok, so I will read it if is free, because I was not about to put one penny LKN's pocket--while I was more than happy to purchase Juan's book. Would you please provide a link Kadoober. TIA

Here you go, with my apologies.
http://www.kirknurmisbook.com/www/book1.txt

"I snapped out of my shock when I heard Ms. Arias' howling while
supposedly in the midst of an orgasm. I use the word howling because what
I heard reminded me of an old movie "Porky's." Some of you may know it
was a big hit in 1982 and it contained a scene in which two gym teachers
had sex and the female teacher whose nickname was "Lassie" howled so loud
that a gym full of students could hear her."

^Actual quote from the 'book'.
It's unreadable, IMO. I am browsing it with my jaw on my chest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper