Prosecutor Juan Martinez releases new book, February 2016 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is, the prosecution has to turn over all the evidence to the defense. They don't have to tell the defense their conclusions (work product?). Also, the prosecution sends the defense a list of witnesses. Someone on the defense team seems to have ignored the WalMart people. That's their problem.

Yea the Walmart rep was definitely a witness that was called so at some point the defense had to have known someone from Walmart was a witness. They may have not realized what that was all about.

Here's a little something that is new to me:

"Though Arias had only met Ryan once, Angela recalled Jodi telling her how much she liked him, that he was her 'soul mate,' and that she was convinced the two would get married" (Chapter 9).

Is this new info?

I read that -- I definitely don't remember hearing anything like that before.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

The reason why JM and only JM worked out the third gas can is in Chapter 10. I won't spoil it for you. :)

"Though Arias had only met Ryan once, Angela recalled Jodi telling her how much she liked him, that he was her 'soul mate,' and that she was convinced the two would get married" (Chapter 9).

Is this new info?

Ryan must be thanking God every day that JA is behind bars. He might well have become her next victim--Unless he married her, of course. Scary thoughts, all!

The thing is, the prosecution has to turn over all the evidence to the defense. They don't have to tell the defense their conclusions (work product?). Also, the prosecution sends the defense a list of witnesses. Someone on the defense team seems to have ignored the WalMart people. That's their problem.

Juan also said he tried to appear uninterested in Brewer's statement so as not to tip off Nurmi. Did not personally interview him (only witness he did not). He wanted Brewer to testify before Jodi to lock in the gas can info

The reason why JM and only JM worked out the third gas can is in Chapter 10. I won't spoil it for you. :)

:pillowfight: Paul Harvey ..tell us !

If you don't tell us I'm going to take away your W on your computer again !(inside joke ..Becky computer had issue with *w* key during trial ) :biggrin:

Chapter Two deals with the initial interviews of TA friends/roommates. TA CTR ring in the kitchen per Enrique. Mimi says Jodi had followed them on dates. Lisa reported she and T fell asleep in loft watching TV one night. They awoke to Nap barking. Noticed a light going off downstairs. T found Jodi standing in his kitchen. She admitted she'd let herself in. She also told T she had gone upstairs and watched them sleep. Lisa reported the email she received and the tire slashing.
JM says Flores called him and let him know Jodi had called several times wanting to speak with investigators. Flores said he was going to call her back but was headed to the station so he could record the call. Flores called JM back around 4pm. He had called Jodi at 2:35. JM had Flores bring a tape of the call by his office. He wanted to hear her voice. The call was 41 min, 14 seconds long

Mesa PD couldn't spring for a Helio for their detectives?

Can't believe that Nancy Grace was actually respectful towards Juan Martinez and let him speak.

I took it as a former prosecutor to prosecutor form of admiration...

It's ok, I fangirl over JM sometimes... hah.

Just dawned on me! The sheets, etc from his bed were in the dryer according tomDF and another load was in the washer with the camera. My washer takes at least 40 min to do even a small load which means she was cleaning for a long time.

I had noticed that, but it's possible he had run the washer before she dropped by?

The more we've learned about the sadistic evil twisted mind of this witch the more I marvel how apt TA's description of her was on May 26.

He wasn't pelting her with insults, he was telling her that her mask was off and he now clearly saw her as the vile, pure evil, corrupted carcass she is.

How intolerable for her it must have been to hear someone tell her the truth of what she is.

Was the 1,000 places book on the nightstand in the sex photos?

Interesting thought. I think I know what you mean. Lets suppose Juan figures something interesting out like that on his own. And lets say he is still figuring things out like that.
Then at some point he would have to turn over discovery. But he is still figuring things out and doing research. So at some point he can make a conclusion and use it in his case.
Only he can decide when his research is complete about that. He could find even more for all he knows.

I dont think he would have to turn over discovery until he feels he is ready to use it in his case and he has figured everything out. He himself doesn't know how much more he may find so he keeps digging and preparing his case.

It brings up some legal questions that I have no idea how and when things like that have to be turned over.

Its a good point you bring up about things like this. Because if LE had been the ones to determine that then I would have to agree it would have had to be turned over right away but since Juan figured things out and he is still digging then whos to say when he is done researching. Very interesting subject.

When the prosecutor has to turn everything over to the DT, they don't have to turn over their ideas and tactics do they, or what they're gonna do with the material? Like, JM didn't have to tell the DT what was in the magazines, just that there were some magazines in evidence?

Yes. Juan looked through the receipts gathered by detectives. Then he told NG that he personally called Walmart to identify the items purchased

It was probably 3 am and he was burning the midnight oil and just had to know right then.

Is this new info?

That is new info. Does he say when the said that to Angela?

She started working Ryan the last week in April, had him inviting her to Utah by May 3, and was talking/texting with him daily throughout May.

I've always wondered what Ryan's very first thought was when she "adjusted" him, literally jumped his bones, after weeks of her lecturing him that he needed to get more righteous and be a better Mormon.....like her.

That is new info. Does he say when the said that to Angela?

She started working Ryan the last week in April, had him inviting her to Utah by May 3, and was talking/texting with him daily throughout May.

I've always wondered what Ryan's very first thought was when she "adjusted" him, literally jumped his bones, after weeks of her lecturing him that he needed to get more righteous and be a better Mormon.....like her.

After the memorial service (and about a page after he describes her bikini-shopping). The larger context is her weird and very un-griefstricken behaviour after returning from the killing.

One thing that always confused me was the timing of the tire slashing. Juan says he discovered a police report that Travis had made in February 2008 about his tires being slashed in front of his house. Then Juan learns from Flores that his tires were slashed on consecutive nights.

According to the text messages on Beth Karas's site, Travis texted a friend on December 7, 2007 that his tires have been slashed twice in two days and judging by his texts with Lisa, this happened at her house. In February 2008 he texts a friend that his tires have been slashed for the third time in two months.

Not sure how important this is, it's just confusing.
Does anyone know the date of the third event? If the third tire slashing were right around Feb. 7th, 2008, wouldn't that be two months from Dec. 7th, 2007?

And even if the third slashing were around the middle of the month (Feb), that's still in the ballpark of two months if you're just thinking off the top of your head and not looking at dates you'd written down or committed to memory. Well, that's my 2¢ anyway.

Another gem. This is from his very amusing description of Jodi acting "pro per" during the pedo letters hearing. He describes her trying to act lawyerly as she wields her golf pencil (tee-hee) but is defeated by the stupidity of her witness and her own ignorance: "After years of seeing how Arias manipulated situations and people to her advantage, it was instructive to watch as she floundered in a courtroom, where rules are nonnegotiable." I like that final phrase.

Another gem. This is from his very amusing description of Jodi acting "pro per" during the pedo letters hearing. He describes her trying to act lawyerly as she wields her golf pencil (tee-hee) but is defeated by the stupidity of her witness and her own ignorance: "After years of seeing how Arias manipulated situations and people to her advantage, it was instructive to watch as she floundered in a courtroom, where rules are nonnegotiable." I like that final phrase.

Going pro per didn't make possible the promotion to the prop of a proper pencil? LMAO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove