Prosecutor Juan Martinez releases new book, February 2016 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I realize some are probably tired of seeing this pic, but it has been enlarged and lightened to better see jus how much light was shining in from "somewhere"

12705658_1666831896914806_3685936234894587390_n.jpg

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jodi-arias-believes-punished-death-row-friends/story?id=18547130
"Ann Campbell and Donavan Bering have been a constant presence for Arias wth at least one of them sitting in the Phoenix, Ariz., courtroom along with Arias' family for almost every day of her murder trial. They befriended Arias after she first arrived in jail and believe in her innocence."

" The two Phoenix women say they have been supporting Arias since 2008 when she first arrived at the Estrella Jail in Phoenix. Bering got to know Arias well while incarcerated on an accessory to arson charge. She asked her friend Campbell to visit Arias, too, because Arias' family was out of state. Campbell said, "We hit it off right away. She's very nice and funny. And really articulate."
Their growing friendship continued after Bering was released from jail. Now, they say, they speak to Arias by phone daily and visit often. Bering has been in court nearly every day."

http://dailyentertainmentnews.com/w.../2013/05/Donavan-Bering-Jodi-Arias-friend.jpg
Ann is on the left, Donovan on the right, rumour has it that they are a couple.

http://abcnewsradioonline.com/national-news/tag/jodi-arias?currentPage=2
"The two magazines -- an issue of Star and an issue of Digital Photo Pro -- were intercepted by guards in August 2011 at the Estrella jail in Phoenix. Arias had intended for the two items to be handed over to Ann Campbell, a friend who has been a constant supporter and has visited Arias in jail every week, the prosecutor said.

Martinez did not reveal in court why the items drew suspicion, but at some point someone noticed the small, faint notes written in pencil in the margins.

Like something out of a spy novel, Martinez laid out for jurors what he believes is evidence of Arias' attempt to manipulate the testimony of a witness."

Thanks. Now I have it all figured out. It was fairly obvious to me that Donavan and Ann are a couple the moment I saw the photo of them in court.

Jodi's big thing with the gas cans were the simple lack of receipts from gas stations in Arizona (which she could have just as easily thrown away). This way she could claim to not have been in Arizona, because she had gas receipts from all the other states she filled up in. That's why the real need for the 3rd can, to make it across the whole state of Arizona without having to stop for gas. There are no shortage of gas stations in the desert.
In the case of the astronaut who was involved in the murder plot/love triangle, the diapers were simply a convenience so she didn't have to lose time to stop to pee.

I completely understood that part. I'll back off my point because I don't seem to be doing a good job of phrasing it.

Okay, I realize some are probably tired of seeing this pic, but it has been enlarged and lightened to better see jus how much light was shining in from "somewhere"

View attachment 89274

That's definitely a sock over the shoe. No possibility she did that except in premeditation.

Is that Travis' foot in a sock? That can't be blood: it's not a liquid.

-----------
Mine was a bit of a Snafu and by golly I think you hit the nail on the head ! All straightened out now. Looks very good but I wish they would have had a nice picture of Travis on the front instead of that basket case witch!! There are only a few pics of him during the murder, nothing we haven't seen. How many her read the last page first? :happydance: I do ..

I sometimes read the end of something first too Nore, but I wanted to savor every little morsel of this book, and I have already started reading some parts again. It is a very well written book, and I am not disappointed with any of it. Juan does have a way with words, and the TKO the butcheress and her supporters got from Juans punch and jabs will sting for a long time. "Bestial"... gotta' love it. "Plethora of condoms" in escape car=paid vacation. Didn't her daddy say she would be gone 3 days? Umm, shouldn't need a "plethora" of condoms for 3 days. Oh now I get it, the monogamous self proclaimed goddess probably passed them out to the homeless as an act of kindness. UGH!!

Okay, just in the first half of his book...

Does anyone else think that when Darryl didn't initially hand over the gas cans in earlier May ..she attempted to get him to come to her, I gasped a bit when JM wrote that Darryl initially questioned her in earlier May as to why she wanted the cans. When did she ask Travis to visit her according to the texts, unfortunately I don't remember right now.

We did think it was weird she was trying to get him to visit her, right, to sing?

She called Darryl back final week of May to ask again for the gas cans (2) after TA ignored her text or something...

Edit: I see, it was the 24th, singing the national anthem at some car race. What was she going to do, geez, wouldn't he have told people he was going to visit her? *scratches head*

Apologies if this info was already known before... *sigh*

I still think her original plan was to take TA to the particular list of places she mentioned because they all have remote spots along cliffs. Easy "slip".... She kept redesigning the trip to make it happen, but always these....

JA also used the jibber jabber about the trip because she could say she was expecting him to be visiting her anytime, and was therefore not in Mesa, because she had no need to be. Maybe this is why the visit to Yreka stuff is so confusing: it all had an ulterior motive, whatever that motive was. It never had to make sense.

That's definitely a sock over the shoe. No possibility she did that except in premeditation.

Is that Travis' foot in a sock? That can't be blood: it's not a liquid.

I don't see another foot, I see his right hand, to me it appears she is dragging him by his left arm as he is on his right side.

The duct tape had been on Travis. It was on his arm securing a fitness device he'd been wearing for a while to get in shape for Cancun. He took it off for his shower

If that were the case, wouldn't his dna have been all over the sticky side?

Looking at the photo of her room at grandma's house - easier to see labels on stuff etc. Next to printer she had a can of Slip & Stop Fix for car transmissions...on her bed is a book and it looks like the title is "Black Parenthood" but that makes no sense...

Who's hungry? Tonight it's smothered quail served on rice. Salad.
Sweet tea or homemade sangria
Went to the ranch last week and the quail hunting was fantastic

Bet Jodi has already choked down her slot served supper and washed it down with a lunchroom size carton of milk like kindergarteners get
Do you hunt? DH and I are avid upland bird hunters, and made a visit to MO last weekend for snow goose (yes, even in that cold blast). We do prefer dove, quail, chukar and pheasant. I am from TX, moved to ATL 4 years ago!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Looking at her room...so tiny and cluttered and with zero personality anywhere in it---motel art on one wall, and what I think of is how she responded on the stand to JM commenting that Travis' closet was small, her venemous retort that his closet was larger than where she was living now (a cell in Estrella, of course).

How crazed she must have felt, being forced into a 1,000 mile retreat away from her rightful ownership of everything that was TA's, finding herself almost 10 years after first fleeing Yreka back there at grandma's house, as broke as when she first left, and back in a dreary single room, not even her own, that was in fact not much larger, if at all, than TA's closet.

Juan on Kelly file Fox News after break

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking at her room...so tiny and cluttered and with zero personality anywhere in it---motel art on one wall, and what I think of is how she responded on the stand to JM commenting that Travis' closet was small, her venemous retort that his closet was larger than where she was living now (Estrella, of course).

How crazed she must have felt, being forced into a 1,000 mile retreat away from her rightful ownership of everything that was TA's, finding herself almost 10 years after first fleeing Yreka back there at grandma's house, as broke as when she first left, and back in a room that was in fact not much larger, if at all, than TA's closet.
And now, isn't that the rub? It had to infuriate her every single day, instead of living with Travis, as his wife which was the dream...instead, stuffing her life into a tiny, cluttered old and dilapidated house with grandparents.

She had lived a decade without any oversight, freely and without any parental interference. Years with Darryl in a decent spacious 2500 sq. ft. home, dreamed of upgrading to Travis and his standard of living.

In the end, she was right back where she started, on an old, ramshackle house with none of her personality or new standards of living, with nothing left except her tail between her legs with failure.

Yes, I'm sure it grated her on many levels!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Thanks, i still think he was tased first. Marks on his body but ehy was it not in the autopsy? A miss?
Me too, especially after I saw the long white jaggy arcs on his shoulders in the photo sequence.

OK I have the book but not started it yet (waiting for the weekend because I know I will not stop once I start!).
I am reading the posts here though, not worried about spoilers.

I wondered if anyone had more info about the index card found in her cell (pictured in the book)?
Who was it meant for? Was this ever brought up before (in trial, in other media, WS sleuthing, etc.)

Is it explained in the book?
For the life of me I can not recall ever seeing or hearing about it.:waitasec:

PS- I am almost through the thread, but I just could not wait and see if it came up, so apologies in advance if this has been covered.

Looking at her room...so tiny and cluttered and with zero personality anywhere in it---motel art on one wall, and what I think of is how she responded on the stand to JM commenting that Travis' closet was small, her venemous retort that his closet was larger than where she was living now (Estrella, of course).

How crazed she must have felt, being forced into a 1,000 mile retreat away from her rightful ownership of everything that was TA's, finding herself almost 10 years after first fleeing Yreka back there at grandma's house, as broke as when she first left, and back in a room that was in fact not much larger, if at all, than TA's closet.

Good preparation for the rest of her life in a cell.

I still think her original plan was to take TA to the particular list of places she mentioned because they all have remote spots along cliffs. Easy "slip".... She kept redesigning the trip to make it happen, but always these....

JA also used the jibber jabber about the trip because she could say she was expecting him to be visiting her anytime, and was therefore not in Mesa, because she had no need to be. Maybe this is why the visit to Yreka stuff is so confusing: it all had an ulterior motive, whatever that motive was. It never had to make sense.

She definitely would have tried to push him over the cliff at Crater Lake, much like Jordan Graham did to her new husband.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forensicsdropout