Prosecutor Juan Martinez releases new book, February 2016 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I rotated it to the left and could tell it was flatish and squared at the top too, maybe the bath mat? It was found quite a distance from the foot of the shower. I have always thought it was a towel she hid the weapons in and just sort of looked sock-shaped in the pic but the more you look at it, the less like a sock it looks.

It looks a little too thick to be a bath mat for my eyes. Will play with pic more but gotta' run for now. Hell even Flores thought it was her foot. I no longer do.. it is too squared.

Yes. I finished it. It exceeded my expectations, actually. He provides a huge amount of information about his trial strategy, beforehand and during, including running commentary about what he believed were strategic errors by the DT --without getting personal about his opposing counsel.

There is actually a lot of new info there, but perhaps much of that is detectable only to the truly obsessed --not naming names here. ;)

He writes really well, and I'm even more impressed with him as a lawyer and as a person than I was before I read his book. :)

BBM

Can you provide any more (than you already have)?

Sorry if I'm being a pest, but without the book, it's a little hard to understand the nuances. :)

Thanks for the lightened pic CA, it shows clearly that there's no leg attached to the 'socked foot' (circled in red), you can see his back between whatever is on the floor and her pant leg. Also, where it looks like a wrinkle or fold in the pant it's actually movement of something, I'll stare at the pic more and see if I can figure out what, all previous versions were too saturated to be able to tell what was moving in that spot but I can see a bit more detail in this pic.

View attachment 89277

To me, that looks like a socked foot down by the vanity.

I rotated it to the left and could tell it was flatish and squared at the top too, maybe the bath mat? It was found quite a distance from the foot of the shower. I have always thought it was a towel she hid the weapons in and just sort of looked sock-shaped in the pic but the more you look at it, the less like a sock it looks.

ETA: Something else, he should already have the stabs to the back of his head by that point, why isn't his hair saturated? Head wounds bleed profusely, but his hair (if that is his hair and not her's bent over) is brown all over.

Oooh, her hair as in she is bent over him... YES!!!

And now, isn't that the rub? It had to infuriate her every single day, instead of living with Travis, as his wife which was the dream...instead, stuffing her life into a tiny, cluttered old and dilapidated house with grandparents.

She had lived a decade without any oversight, freely and without any parental interference. Years with Darryl in a decent spacious 2500 sq. ft. home, dreamed of upgrading to Travis and his standard of living.

In the end, she was right back where she started, on an old, ramshackle house with none of her personality or new standards of living, with nothing left except her tail between her legs with failure.

Yes, I'm sure it grated her on many levels!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

What's a girl to do? (Sorry, couldn't resist--it's the gin and tonic I'm sipping talking :))

I'm not gonna stare with you on that one, but fwiw, if it hasn't already been mentioned about light in that hallway, the windows face south, are about 15' or so down the tiled hallway, and have venetian blinds on them which are tightly closed.

That's a lot of light for 5:30pm, given all that.

The sun seems too high in the sky for 5:30 pm

:)

It's here.

The pics are so much better than we've seen. Only 1 or 2 of TA in shower, no date stamps, no sex pics from the 4th.

Here's one that 's interesting, tho. In same pic is a note from Travis which im guessing is the on she asked him to include in a package he sent her- i think of paperwork he was asking her to do or some such.

I can only read about half of it, but what I read sounded very much like PD have a great future kinda impersonal note. She must have spit tacks reading it, since what she demanded was a "sweet note."

Off to read....

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=89206&d=1455656674

Can you tell me what the note says? (The parts you can read). I can't read any of it. But he does say he loves her at the end. I'm sure that's why she kept it.

I would love to see images, but more than that, I'm intrigued by what's in the epilogue...

TIA!

For me, it was the humility and the bedrock decency of the man that shone through what he wrote of his past and of how the trial had affected him.

He wrote, briefly, of where and how he was raised, of a father whose word was the law never to be challenged, and how much he had come to appreciate the gift of all that, perhaps the most significant lesson being knowing to the core the difference between right and wrong.

And, his honoring of Esteban Flores, a man with the same deeply held values, who attended trial even after the unbearable loss of his beloved son.

OK I have the book but not started it yet (waiting for the weekend because I know I will not stop once I start!).
I am reading the posts here though, not worried about spoilers.

I wondered if anyone had more info about the index card found in her cell (pictured in the book)?
Who was it meant for? Was this ever brought up before (in trial, in other media, WS sleuthing, etc.)

Is it explained in the book?
For the life of me I can not recall ever seeing or hearing about it.:waitasec:

PS- I am almost through the thread, but I just could not wait and see if it came up, so apologies in advance if this has been covered.

I don't think it was really an index card. It was a postcard she had received and she had peeled off a layer of it to have a clean space to use. (Mind you, I read this a few hours ago and am too tired to check) The "Travis" writing was done in pen. It was another piece of handwriting to compare to the Bob White letters and Travis actual writing.

BBM

Can you provide any more (than you already have)?

Sorry if I'm being a pest, but without the book, it's a little hard to understand the nuances. :)

I'll write up a list tomorrow of all the tidbits that were new. The most significant one for me, because it relates to one of my main obsessions about all this for months , is the info that she began to plan his murder, for certain, in concrete detail, in mid-May, weeks before the May 26 text confrontation.

It looks a little too thick to be a bath mat for my eyes. Will play with pic more but gotta' run for now. Hell even Flores thought it was her foot. I no longer do.. it is too squared.

It only looks squared because it's a shoe with a sock on over it. You can see the impressions of the shoe laces. Also, the length is right. IMO

“They followed the blood down the blood-streaked hallway and into the bathroom, where they found Travis’ decomposing body stuffed on the floor of the shower. After seeing the body, the two men hurried out and told the others that Travis was dead and Mimi called police.”

Excerpt From: Martinez, Juan. “Conviction.” HarperCollinsPublishers, 2016-01-09. iBooks.

It sounds like the friend and roommate walked down the bloody hallway to discover Travis's body. They didn't really walk through the the blood, did they? We never heard that they contaminated the crime scene. Also, they would've tracked blood across the carpet on the way out, which didn't happen.

Yeah, and his bathmat looks like bamboo. lol And no, I don't believe it's a sock either.

I don't think it was really an index card. It was a postcard she had received and she had peeled off a layer of it to have a clean space to use. (Mind you, I read this a few hours ago and am too tired to check) The "Travis" writing was done in pen. It was another piece of handwriting to compare to the Bob White letters and Travis actual writing.

You're correct about the postcards---and there were 50 of them. And peeling off the top layer of paper to reuse the post cards violated jail policy to boot.

ETA. And you're correct about the index card. Her postcards were for practice, I guess.

To me, that looks like a socked foot down by the vanity.
When I saw this pic while watching Nancy Grace, it was extremely clear on my big screen that it is indeed her socked foot at an angle.

Additionally, it was also extremely clear that what appears to be a socked foot by the vanity is Travis' foot, it appears much smaller by the angle and the large presence he has of the forefront of the pic. The white spot that you see on the foot is actually a significant amount of light shining in between his large and 2nd toe.

Yeah, and his bathmat looks like bamboo. lol And no, I don't believe it's a sock either.

Kettle: You are incorrigibly obsessive, salmon flower, about those pics. ;) love, Pot.

When I saw this pic while watching Nancy Grace, it was extremely clear on my big screen that it is indeed her socked foot at an angle.

Additionally, it was also extremely clear that what appears to be a socked foot by the vanity is Travis' foot, it appears much smaller by the angle and the large presence he has of the forefront of the pic. The white spot that you see on the foot is actually a significant amount of light shining in between his large and 2nd toe.

The socks are also an example of premeditation. If she had just lost in a crime of passion, why would she think to wear socks over her shoes? I know that it couldn't be used in court, but perhaps one of the clues that helped them piece it all together in the beginning.

Correction here... it WAS an index card found among a bunch of postcards with a layer peeled off that had the "Travis" writing on it. I couldn't rest until I verified.

“One of Travis’ best friends, Taylor Searle, told detectives about a conversation Travis said he’d had with Arias just the previous week, during which Travis let Arias know that he did not want to ever see or talk to her again. Searle said that according to Travis, this had made Arias very upset.”

Excerpt From: Martinez, Juan. “Conviction.” HarperCollinsPublishers, 2016-01-09. iBooks.

I never heard this. That's huge. I can see JA going nuts after TA told her he never wanted to see her or talk to her again. I'm surprised JM didn't put TS on the stand to say that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member