Prosecutors Ask For Hearing On How Baez Is Getting Paid

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Makes me wonder just what her exclusive interview would have been about that Baez has been rumored to be shopping around for half a million bucks, if it isn't her story or that of little Caylee.

Was she planning to talk about the high cost of rice or the recent peanut recall?
Maybe it was his story? Boy can I think of a few choice titles...but I'll be good.

One of the articles posted in the media thread says that it is a video of JB and KC meeting the day that Caylee's body was found and showed both JB and KC crying. (Remember, the remains hadn't been identified yet) So I was wrong on my guess and it looks like it wasn't a pic of JB and KC involved in any wrongdoing. Other than a potential conciousness of guilt of course.

BTW that could be why KC is making the statement about just because she didn't take a plea deal.... that could be her subconcious putting into words her regret that she didn't take the deal when it was offered and before Caylee was found.

JB has been b'ing and moaning about some alleged misconduct regarding a visit with KC, but hasn't explained what visit or what type of misconduct. Now WESH is talking about an alleged taping of JB with KC. That does concern me.

I am not a legal expert but I always thought that attorney/client communications were priveledged. So if it did happen, that does concern me as far as KC's trial goes. But how would JB know if he was taped, unless he was told about it?

I can only think of two ways in which a taping might have been done, one has more repercussions than another. Someone forgot to turn the recording equipment off, or turned the wrong one on... in other words an accident. The other way and I am not sure they can do it, or how they could do it.... but if they believed that there was some misconduct between JB and KC within the jail, could they tape it? Would they need a court order (and of course that order would have to be sealed.) Several here have questioned the relationship between KC and JB. Could the jail staff have been questioning that also?

So what are the legal ramifications of this?

Security cameras record all places in jails and prisons. It is also for the lawyer's benefit that those cameras are rolling and monitored. Defendants have been known to attack lawyers. Once recorded, it is a public record. No one said there was audio so the communications are still privileged.
overreactsmiley.gif

Commending all the legal eagles who brought forward the interesting issues from esteemed Baez's most recent motions!

1) Who lets a client make a statement *in her own handwriting* regarding guilt or innocence in a side motion that affects her criminal AND civil suits, for which she had sought either 5th Amendment rights or attorney? whoa. That can be on the stand AND gives civil pros a way in.

2) Bold Baez lets public know there is yet another video that might affect his client's right to a fair trial (atty and client).

3) Merely technical, but JB never cites case law but only media rumor (footnote to NG?). What an odd defense, he brings it up and underscores it himself.

: )
You're so right...who quotes that in a court hearing?!

T'was nice of KC to provide the prosecution with a current handwriting exemplar today. :doh:

I don't think it's KC that is paying Baez I think it is Geroge and CIndy. Do I think KC is aware that George and Cindy are paying Baez...yeppers

Now try and get the two mental patients (George and Cindy) to admit they are the ones selling the Caylee photo's, and video's. After all it's Cindy's video camera and Cindy paid for the film, so Cindy is the owner of the video's and the still photo's. As we all know KC didn't have any money, and what money she had she spent on herself.

Speculating here. Maybe the cameras were there and always rolling as a matter of policy. Lawyers visiting the jail and inmates have either posted notice or actual knowledge. Perhaps they forgot and did something in front of the cameras. Neither would worry about a camera monitor seeing it -- just jail staff. But, when they discovered it was public record and requested by the media -- that became a whole 'nother ballgame.

Maybe the reason why she signed it the way she did, too.

If I saw that scrawl without knowing who's signature it was supposed to be I would never have been able to read it as "Casey Anthony."

I don't think it's KC that is paying Baez I think it is Geroge and CIndy. Do I think KC is aware that George and Cindy are paying Baez...yeppers

HMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!! Have to think on this one. You think?

I can't even imagine kc taking on the responsibility of hiring and paying an attorney. She has never ever got herself out of trouble on her own and I see no reason for her to begin on this one. I remember when the subject was discussed with the Ants at the beginning....sindy gave a flippant answer...,"Don't worry about it".

Maybe they need to have a hearing, have KC submit EVERYTHING she has that might be considered an asset to sell, then let an uninterested 3rd party negotiate the deals with media. The money would go into escrow. JB and Co. would get paid out of that, and they would make sure something was there until the civil trial is done.
Or something like that. Just a suggestion.

I agree. Stunning. (Of course it does constitute a "media appearance" of sorts by KC.)

Her second one, actually, if we are counting. ie. the statement read by Baez, regarding Caylee's funeral arrangements. Seems she is just like her mama...wants to have some part in the media blitz. :rolleyes:

T'was nice of KC to provide the prosecution with a current handwriting exemplar today. :doh:

HA! I was thinking the same thing when I saw it. Baez insisted in court that the diary was written in 2003 and up pops KC with an impromptu dig at the SA. Jeez, talk about being your own worst enemy.

Has Baez gone completely brain dead?

I bet the letter shredders are working overtime today.

I do wish they'd call me. Shredded paper, mixed with coffee grounds and onion peels, makes a lovely soil amendment for your flower beds.

I'm thinking these particular shredders will be full of manure.

Blaise

Now try and get the two mental patients (George and Cindy) to admit they are the ones selling the Caylee photo's, and video's. After all it's Cindy's video camera and Cindy paid for the film, so Cindy is the owner of the video's and the still photo's. As we all know KC didn't have any money, and what money she had she spent on herself.

OOO I agree, plus none of them are working George, Cindy or Lee. So how are they living we know they were broke and behind in bills before all this even started. Every time we see Cindy it looks to me like she has new clothes on, new hair cut and color. Someone has to be paying for it and it looks like it's Caylee.

Speculating here. Maybe the cameras were there and always rolling as a matter of policy. Lawyers visiting the jail and inmates have either posted notice or actual knowledge. Perhaps they forgot and did something in front of the cameras. Neither would worry about a camera monitor seeing it -- just jail staff. But, when they discovered it was public record and requested by the media -- that became a whole 'nother ballgame.

I have read previously that jail staff had to advise Baez seven times about improper touching or sitting too close, etc, before they actually filed some sort of complaint- how in the world can he claim an expectation of privacy?

One thing is certain, the State is over his antics and hitting him hard.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fat Cinnamon
Back