Prosecutors Ask For Hearing On How Baez Is Getting Paid

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
You're right, I was thinking of that guy up in northern CA...the one who said his wife wasn't missing, she was back home in Russia.

Hans Reiser--and yes, he did exchange a lesser sentence for taking them to his wife's body--after he was already convicted.

Well, if the video is of the licorice incident, as gross as it might be, we should all be grateful not to hear the slurping and sucking noises.

Thank goodness, you'd have to take that soap and wash out them ears too.............. :p

I am sure there will be cameras in there and I bet Cindy will be ready for her close up.
overreactsmiley.gif
I hope they check her ahead of time for hammers.

..........and baseball bats.

Yes. That's the defendant. The State offered him a deal if he lead them to her body. To this day, I don't know why he didn't take it. He knew they had her DNA (and how horrible is this, from her TEARS) in his camper/car.

This is exactly how the Westerfield case went down: The DA said they would take the death penalty off the table if he would tell them where the body was located. Westerfield's attorney met with him and obtained a diagram of where the body was located. On his way back to the DA's office with the map, Danielle's body was found and the DA immediately took the deal off the table. Defense attorney showed up.....literally minutes too late. Normally, the SD DA does not disclose plea bargain info--however, in Westerfield's case, after he was convicted Westerfield started a writing campaign re his innocence and people were writing letters to the editors complaining of his innocence etc. The DA got ticked and disclosed it and the defense attorney admitted it. End of story.

This is exactly how the Westerfield case went down: The DA said they would take the death penalty off the table if he would tell them where the body was located. Westerfield's attorney met with him and obtained a diagram of where the body was located. On his way back to the DA's office with the map, Danielle's body was found and the DA immediately took the deal off the table. Defense attorney showed up.....literally minutes too late. Normally, the SD DA does not disclose plea bargain info--however, in Westerfield's case, after he was convicted Westerfield started a writing campaign re his innocence and people were writing letters to the editors complaining of his innocence etc. The DA got ticked and disclosed it and the defense attorney admitted it. End of story.

Wow, I didn't know he drew a diagram. I was not aware of that portion of the case. I do remember reading after the case was over that he was offered a plea. After reading about the DNA found from her tears I couldn't handle any more of the case. I just couldn't stomach it.

Heh, maybe we'll get to see two video tapes?

WKMG-Channel 6's Mike DeForest reported that prosecutors are about to release a videotape of Anthony's reaction in the Orange County Jail on the day Caylee's remains were found. DeForest also reported that Baez plans to file sanctions against prosecutors, who evidently have a tape of the lawyer meeting his client.
"This is the very first time in court documents we're seeing anything about this alleged videotape, apparently secretly recorded, that shows Casey and her attorney meeting," DeForest said. "We're waiting to see what this is that Jose Baez is talking about."

OH I was just thinking- the judge might grant the prosecutor's motion because he cannot rely on KC telling the truth under oath. She admitted that she lied under oath multiple times during her initial interviews with LE. She's now "by nature" untrustworthy

I have not read any posts yet in this thread so I am sorry if I am repeating something someone else may have said.....

BUT......

It's all in the verbage. she has not given Baez her rights to her story nor her daughters story. Then the very next coment she adds there are no other agreements for "MY STORY."

So WHO"S STORY???? is there an agreement for???? Perhaps this tricky word play can be seen to imply there is an agreement for her "daughters" story???

And I think she is very distastful with her write in comment "I believe Mr. Ashton is angry because I have refused to take a please agreement for a crime that I DID NOT COMMIT.

She seems a tad agressive in that comment like a spiteful 12 year old...

http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/Stories/Local/Casey's%20Sworn%20Affidavit%20March%2010.pdf

Well, at least we know she is still planning to plead not guilty.. no "behind the scenes" defense claiming accident or crazy or whatever. It's good to know that she is still denying murdering her daughter.

OH I was just thinking- the judge might grant the prosecutor's motion because he cannot rely on KC telling the truth under oath. She admitted that she lied under oath multiple times during her initial interviews with LE. She's now "by nature" untrustworthy

Is this motion before the same Judge who IIRC stated words to the effect: 'The truth and Ms. Anthony are strangers." ??

<sarcasm alert> Maybe we should take up a collection to get JB access to Westlaw? Or maybe buy him a book?

Themis, you were right. Yet again, not a single authority cited. tsk tsk tsk

Wonder if "cos I say so" has worked for him in those DUI case? Or maybe the personal attacks? ;)

Is this motion before the same Judge who IIRC stated words to the effect: 'The truth and Ms. Anthony are strangers." ??

Yes. Judge Strickland in the criminal case.

Judge Rodriquez in the civil case.

If it's being heard before Strickland then yes.

Most legal experts that I've seen quoted on this topic suggest that JB will not have to disclose the source(s) of funds. The WS astrologers say it's more likely he will. So far, the astrologers have been right in this case. The TH psuedo experts, not so much. :)

anybody else watching JVM? they are discussing a reply from Baez and kc. kc says prosecutors are just mad she didn't take a plea agreement. Supposed to be part of a written reply to investigation into how Baez is getting paid.

Most legal experts that I've seen quoted on this topic suggest that JB will not have to disclose the source(s) of funds. The WS astrologers say it's more likely he will. So far, the astrologers have been right in this case. The TH psuedo experts, not so much. :)

Taking a stab at a prediction. The Judge will have a hearing. JB will be required to disclose the dollar amounts for his services and how payments are received, but not the specific service rendered -- the description beside each line item for the billing. JB will probably have to produce the retainer agreement and any updates in a closed session or in chambers.

And as they're finding out how much and from where the money is coming, how about going ahead with the ZG case and financial crimes cases, so that while there's some money out there, maybe ZG and Amy and BOA and others can get a slice.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lizakind
Back