Prosecutors have new material and information that they dont want released to the pub

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM
The Defense did not. And this I realize this of O/T :eek:fftopic: on this thread but wished to answer.
The Feb. 1 2010 deadline ruled by Judge S to the Defense team passed and just to refresh my memory NTS, you were posting on that thread

Casey Anthony’s Defense Misses Deadline-Blames prosecution - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

First Motion from SA filed on Sept 10, 2009
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/images/10/08/reciprocal.to.compel1.pdf

Defense Response to motion filed on Sept 17, 2009
http://www.clickorlando.com/download/2009/1007/21230892.pdf

During the Hearing held on October 16, 2009

http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crim...l-date-set-in-fraud-case-murder-charges-stand
"Casey’s legal team was also given additional time to provide proof that someone else—besides Casey—placed 2-year-old Caylee Anthony’s body in the wooded area where her remains were discovered in Dec. 2008. Defense attorney Jose Baez said of the evidence, “There will be something. There definitely will be something.” The information must be given to the court by Feb. 1, 2010."

http://wdbo.com/localnews/2009/10/state-defense-spar-during-case.html
"The Judge Stand Strickland ruled that the defense has to produce evidence specific to the claim made by Macaluso. They'll have until February 1st to do so, or explain why they can't.|

Second Motion Filed by the SA filed on Dec 9, 2009
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/images/12/10/second.motion.to.compel.reciprocal.discovery.pdf

Casey Anthony Defense Team Misses Deadline
http://www.wftv.com/news/22415041/detail.html

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...sey-anthony-deadline-20100202,0,2529495.story
"Prosecutors did not receive any paperwork from Casey Anthony's defense team that backed up one of her attorney's comments in court that someone else left the body of Anthony's daughter in the woods, according to the State Attorney's Office.
Four months ago, Orange Circuit Judge Stan Strickland told the defense team they had until Feb. 1 to provide information.
The attorneys involved are working out a schedule for the release of discovery. "
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I missed the information showing that the Defense did indeed comply with the Judge's order please provide the LINK :eek:nline: to me and it can be posted on the appropriate thread http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95000&page=2.
I would be very interested in reading it. :read: Thanks.

I think what it is, is that the defense probably planned to use the searchers info to claim it was substantial evidence. The judge gave Tes a continuation. That made it impossible for the defense to make their claim with documents. The Judge understood this, and changed the discovery schedule to this week. The deadline was changed by the Judge. He agreed to have both sides sit down this week and go over discovery.

In my opinion, the information from the Tes searchers is substantial evidence that shows the body was not there. They provided this information a long time ago. They did meet the deadline.

I am not sure that the Judge ever said that the defense had to bring this proof to the prosecution, but to him. And to stay on topic, I believe that it is possible that this latest motion may have something to do with a Tes searcher. Mooo

What if LE has been tapping GA/CA's phones, and GA or CA has been recorded as admitting some involvement...maybe SA has to investigate just what GA's or CA's involvement is. ???

Wiretapping hmm, interesting.

.........there are quite a few interview clips on youtube of her,( ginette lewis ) one with NG, and this one from anWFTV interview:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khj6bW3ivCc

Thank you sooo much!! That settles it for me, she says the Anthonys sent her the bear, she had been e mailing back and forth and she had spoken to him before. There is absolutely no chance, zero, that Cindy did not get the truth out of Casey on those nights home on bail that she slept alone in the room with her. Cindy knew where the baby was. This explains the difference in her reaction of shock and horror when LP was searching at Blanchard Park compared to not rushing to the scene of the woods once she and George departed the plane (having heard that remains were found near their home). Can you imagine Beth Holloway rushing to the scene if she received a phone call that possibly the remains of her daughter were found? Did the Anthonys even go to the scene? No. They went to the Ritz, had dinner and took walks. People tell on themselves.
It is a fact that detectives heard Cindy say that she had sent someone to the woods. There is no getting around that.
It is possible this gal was on the phone with Dom and also possible that it is Cindy who set it up.

Surely even Dom could see that there is no reason to imagine that these folks would treat him any differently than they had everyone else if it would suit their purpose. He saw first hand that they would go in to a discredit and destroy mode in two seconds flat if they set their sites on anyone that could deflect attention away from Casey, Amy, Jesse, the Grunds, Ricardo, Tony, Kronk. What is that saying of Dr. Phil's ...if they will do it with you ...they will do it to you. A lot of time has passed and emotion has faded. Infatuations are fleeting and enough time has passed that the fog of any unrequited romantic notion he may have had toward Cindy has lifted.

I think he may have taken a number of steps to cover his butt, just in case, he may have recorded and memorialized things, handed over his bat phones and everything else he had been gathering over this year and half.

Someone who has nothing to hide, hides nothing. The lengths he has gone to and the protracted fight he has put up to avoid testifying ( for a year ) indicate he has things that are damaging. That is a given. We know there is no love loss between he and Baez as he did not hesitate to make a bar complaint against him. It was apparent in the recent hearing when Baez did a double take to Andrea when Ms. Tennis told the judge that Dom would be perfectly willing to testify if the Anthonys would waive their confidentiality agreement terms, and that he had been communicating back and forth with the defense over time, apparent that Baez was shocked by that remark. The inference we can draw from Baez finding that so incredible was that no... Dom and the defense do not have a perpetual relationship, quite the opposite. So, he hasn't been silent to protect Casey. That leaves us with mom and pop. George has stated publicly ( in the ZFG depo) that he rarely ever speaks to Dom. That leaves us with Cindy. She hasn't divorced, as he may have imagined she would by now. So there he is as many have pointed out, unpaid and his reputation a joke in his industry, didn't get the girl.....

so reality has set in. The judge did tell the state to go ahead and use the time they had scheduled and exercise their right by statute to question him under an investigative subpoena, so I trust that did happen. He had no reason not to answer any questions, as I am sure the judge set him straight about real quickly. Remember the judge told Ms. Drane-Burdick to call him if there was a problem? Mr. Hornsby explained to us that the judge meant that literally, call during the depo and the judge will rule over the phone as to any objections. It may have been with a heavy heart, but in my opinion, Dominic did answer questions and supply any all items related to the case he has compiled, including the phones, his computer and anything else they asked for. Even hard core lifetime mafia members squeal when it comes down to the me or them question. The best he could do for Cindy, he did, which was delay the inevitable.

The fact that he suddenly closed up his office .....you just can't make this stuff up![ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls_dUmQTgNM[/ame][ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAuXZ3jqJ70[/ame] Watch Mr. Baez closely in the second video. Priceless! He seems to have a very poor understanding of the proceeding.
o/t Just a side note: Ms. Tennis has opined publicly, on national TV that she thinks the defense should consider a insanity/diminished capacity angle.

I do not believe this has anything to do with Dc. The motion said new material and information obtained by Law Enforcement. There is nothing new with Dc. I disagree with Rh that this could be some new witness that the Sa want to protect from the defense going out and impeaching. Why would the Judge want to get involved with the tit for tat. The defense has every right to impeach witnesses.

I think this is exculpatory information and the Sa wants time to confirm it before turning it over to the defense. Stay tuned for a plea deal coming from the Sa. Moo

BBM
If the Investigative Subpoena interview with DC was held(we do not know) it could very well be that information gathered during that meeting led to new materials and information which is now in the possession of LE.
Just a thought.

Thank you sooo much!! That settles it for me, she says the Anthonys sent her the bear, she had been e mailing back and forth and she had spoken to him before. There is absolutely no chance, zero, that Cindy did not get the truth out of Casey on those nights home on bail that she slept alone in the room with her. Cindy knew where the baby was. This explains the difference in her reaction of shock and horror when LP was searching at Blanchard Park compared to not rushing to the scene of the woods once she and George departed the plane (having heard that remains were found near their home). Can you imagine Beth Holloway rushing to the scene if she received a phone call that possibly the remains of her daughter were found? Did the Anthonys even go to the scene? No. They went to the Ritz, had dinner and took walks. People tell on themselves.
It is a fact that detectives heard Cindy say that she had sent someone to the woods. There is no getting around that.
It is possible this gal was on the phone with Dom and also possible that it is Cindy who set it up.

Surely even Dom could see that there is no reason to imagine that these folks would treat him any differently than they had everyone else if it would suit their purpose. He saw first hand that they would go in to a discredit and destroy mode in two seconds flat if they set their sites on anyone that could deflect attention away from Casey, Amy, Jesse, the Grunds, Ricardo, Tony, Kronk. What is that saying of Dr. Phil's ...if they will do it with you ...they will do it to you. A lot of time has passed and emotion has faded. Infatuations are fleeting and enough time has passed that the fog of any unrequited romantic notion he may have had toward Cindy has lifted.

I think he may have taken a number of steps to cover his butt, just in case, he may have recorded and memorialized things, handed over his bat phones and everything else he had been gathering over this year and half.

Someone who has nothing to hide, hides nothing. The lengths he has gone to and the protracted fight he has put up to avoid testifying ( for a year ) indicate he has things that are damaging. That is a given. We know there is no love loss between he and Baez as he did not hesitate to make a bar complaint against him. It was apparent in the recent hearing when Baez did a double take to Andrea when Ms. Tennis told the judge that Dom would be perfectly willing to testify if the Anthonys would waive their confidentiality agreement terms, and that he had been communicating back and forth with the defense over time, apparent that Baez was shocked by that remark. The inference we can draw from Baez finding that so incredible was that no... Dom and the defense do not have a perpetual relationship, quite the opposite. So, he hasn't been silent to protect Casey. That leaves us with mom and pop. George has stated publicly ( in the ZFG depo) that he rarely ever speaks to Dom. That leaves us with Cindy. She hasn't divorced, as he may have imagined she would by now. So there he is as many have pointed out, unpaid and his reputation a joke in his industry, didn't get the girl.....

so reality has set in. The judge did tell the state to go ahead and use the time they had scheduled and exercise their right by statute to question him under an investigative subpoena, so I trust that did happen. He had no reason not to answer any questions, as I am sure the judge set him straight about real quickly. Remember the judge told Ms. Drane-Burdick to call him if there was a problem? Mr. Hornsby explained to us that the judge meant that literally, call during the depo and the judge will rule over the phone as to any objections. It may have been with a heavy heart, but in my opinion, Dominic did answer questions and supply any all items related to the case he has compiled, including the phones, his computer and anything else they asked for. Even hard core lifetime mafia members squeal when it comes down to the me or them question. The best he could do for Cindy, he did, which was delay the inevitable.

The fact that he suddenly closed up his office .....you just can't make this stuff up!

EXACTLY!!! That is exactly what I think, too.

BBM.. WHY would JB allow the prosecution to go ahead and serve DC with an investigative subpoena KNOWING full well that if he went that route he (JB) couldn't be present at the depo???[/B]

I am wondering the same thing beach2yall. What could the reason be?

Didn't RH cover this in one of his blogs or his thread here? If DC were to be on JB's witness list, there may be things JB doesn't want discussed and apparently it could be much worse for more of them, that's apparently why JB didn't have him on his witness list. JB just sat there in his office with fingers crossed saying to himself - please please don't ask DC that question.

The fact that he suddenly closed up his office .....you just can't make this stuff up!

I hate to quote your whole post with just a few words but I'm going to anyway ...

I think this is the BEST post I have read today.

I think what it is, is that the defense probably planned to use the searchers info to claim it was substantial evidence. The judge gave Tes a continuation. That made it impossible for the defense to make their claim with documents. The Judge understood this, and changed the discovery schedule to this week. The deadline was changed by the Judge. He agreed to have both sides sit down this week and go over discovery.

In my opinion, the information from the Tes searchers is substantial evidence that shows the body was not there. They provided this information a long time ago. They did meet the deadline.

I am not sure that the Judge ever said that the defense had to bring this proof to the prosecution, but to him. And to stay on topic, I believe that it is possible that this latest motion may have something to do with a Tes searcher. Mooo

you've got me on this one - can you please provide a link where searcher's from TES provided evidence the body wasn't there? I've seen no proof of this at all. They had statements from several people who were searching outside of the TES organization but nothing to prove, that I've seen, that could be considered anything close to proof. Quite the opposite IMO.

I wonder if Mn disclosed records to Le to head off the defense at the pass. Perhaps there were records at Tes. Perhaps someone wrote down information during search and filled it out on a tes card. Perhaps they wrote down Disney bag or something close to the body, but did not see a body.

I did note that Mn fired back at the defense last night saying the motion is wrong and the defense is wrong. He talked a big game last time too, until he got in front of the Judge, then he said of course your honor, we will turn over the 32 records.

There were indeed people that searched that area and were Tes volunteers and did fill out Tes info cards. Perhaps they took pictures. I think it is possible that a new witness is one of the searchers. Mooo

The matter you speak of are legally filed Court motions between Baez and NeJame/TES. I do not see where LE would be involved.

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2010/2/3/prosecutors_want_private_hearing_in_casey_case.html
snipped from article

A motion filed in late November accuses NeJame and EquuSearch of lying to the judge, saying “Statements made by TES to this court were inaccurate.”
In August 2009, Judge Stan Strickland ordered EquuSearch to turn over a list of 32 people, who were identified as having searched the area where Caylee's remains were eventually found.
However, the defense claims “There were many more than 32 individuals who searched the area on Suburban Drive near Hidden Oaks Elementary School.”
They back it up with two sworn statements from volunteers who said they searched in that area.
“I don't understand the basis of this,” NeJame said. “It’s incorrect. But if that's the way they want to play it, we'll play it out in court.”
He said his door was open for the defense to examine anything they wanted.“Come by. Take a look. If you see anything, let us know and we'll bring it to the court,” NeJame said.\"
-------------------------------------------------------------------
The Judge ordered TES to turn over the names of 32 people ..the Defense wants more...that's the issue here.IMO.
Back to court they go.
This NTS, will be played out in court not with LE as a go between.MOO

:twocents:

I was referring to the trial date schedule proposal.

Why are you referring to the trial date shedule?
Perhaps you should have been more specific in the previous post.
And provide the link, please I still would like to see this for myself.
Thanks

Code:
lol I was actually wondering the same thing 'bout RR! Sorry friend

Ok, I don't see any coincidence in the fact that:

1) The SA was going to issue an investigative subpoena for DC (That's Dominic Casey, RR.. lol kidding)

2) The trial date has suddenly been pushed further, even though the State appears more than ready, hence that 10% of discovery left.

3) They don't want the defense to be present during a meeting about evidence that they would eventually obtain anyway.

So, like many others.. I'm thinking DC spilled the beans, and the SA is pushing the trial date further to anticipate a replacement for Baez.

Good take! .
We still don't know what Judge Strickland's bar complaint was either. Both Judge and State have had a close eye on Baez to make sure KC can get a fair trial. Baez does strike me as the type that would be ignorant enough to send DC to get rid of the remains in hopes that he could get KC off and be the next Johny Cochran.

:takeabow:

ITA!

I wonder if Mn disclosed records to Le to head off the defense at the pass. Perhaps there were records at Tes. Perhaps someone wrote down information during search and filled it out on a tes card. Perhaps they wrote down Disney bag or something close to the body, but did not see a body.

I did note that Mn fired back at the defense last night saying the motion is wrong and the defense is wrong. He talked a big game last time too, until he got in front of the Judge, then he said of course your honor, we will turn over the 32 records.

There were indeed people that searched that area and were Tes volunteers and did fill out Tes info cards. Perhaps they took pictures. I think it is possible that a new witness is one of the searchers. Mooo

Remember this case is international. There have been many posters who have said that the area by the school (hidden oaks ele.) would be the place to seach if they could.

Just think for a moment of how many lookey-loos have done drive-by's of that area near the school and close to the remains sight. I think you have even mentioned there is a chance the school keeps video tape for an indefinate amount of time, so who ever has been down by the school or even driving down suburban and turning around in front of the school, that will be on tape? I hope so. And I hope that KC herself is on tape making that very turn after dumping Caylee (imo).

There were some folks called "Body finders" or "Body searchers" they had white dogs, black t-shirts and they were in a van.(not down by the river :)) They did a drive-by on Suburban with a camara running, and their dogs apparently got sick right near the area that Caylee was eventually found. This was all on tape. We use to have a link to their site here, but can't find it anymore. Maybe someone else knows or remembers this incident and can shed more light.

But my point. There were other people out there searching other than TES searchers.

Thx.:crosseyed:

I found the link to the site about the body finders i will post it. If you have to remove it thats cool.
http://.com/blinddrive/

I think what it is, is that the defense probably planned to use the searchers info to claim it was substantial evidence. ]The judge gave Tes a continuation. That made it impossible for the defense to make their claim with documents. The Judge understood this, and changed the discovery schedule to this week. The deadline was changed by the Judge. He agreed to have both sides sit down this week and go over discovery.

NTS,
Todd M very clearly and loudly stated to the Judge, in open court, that the Defense HAD substantial evidence..
The key word being HAD not planning on having.

Also, both sides were to sit down to work out a SCHEDULE for Discovery, and not to go over discovery.

BBM

Prove to me with a link where Judge Strickland said to the Defense to bring this proof to him and not to file it legally and properly with the Clerk of the County Court.

you've got me on this one - can you please provide a link where searcher's from TES provided evidence the body wasn't there? I've seen no proof of this at all. They had statements from several people who were searching outside of the TES organization but nothing to prove, that I've seen, that could be considered anything close to proof. Quite the opposite IMO.

Just the sworn documents by JJ and the Lady from New Jersey. I will look for the link. thanks

I am not sure about the word proof, but may be substantial evidence and the Judge is satisfied. Moo

Here is the link. Pdf page 15 and 17.

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/21703813/detail.html

Given the way that the Defense investigated RK, it'll be very cool if SA/LE have likewise opened the Pandora's box of DC and JH which leads to CA and JB and goodness knows what. Need to address this loose end.

This was always the most intriguing missing piece given the testimony from JH that DC knew where Caylee was and they were going to go get her and the videos of DC prodding the area ... close to where Caylee was found -- a month before she was found.

This was major when it first broke and JH assisted LE but then we got into the whole game of trying to depo DC and him delaying and trying to slip away based on grey areas of privilege.

This is a key part of the investigation that needs to be thoroughly and fully investigated and concluded before trial since --- DC also had access to the area in which Caylee was ultimately found (like JW and RK) but DC was actually filmed searching, prodding and, digging!!!

Did DC either tamper with or plant evidence and SA figured it out?[/QUOTE]

BBM:

I've often wondered this myself..... What could he have planted, or taken away? Or did he shard his pants and get the helk outta there?
:chicken::eek::runaway:

NTS
What motion?
I would like you to provide a link to the motion you mention above that is not signed by either the SA or the Judge, I would like to see and read that motion also.
Thanks

Here it is:

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/22464497/detail.html

And its just a proposed motion. And I understand why it is not signed. However, in context, I was reffering to a poster that this could not be exculpatory because the prosecution set an court date. I just responded with its not signed, so it doesn't mean anything. Sorry for the confusion. Moo

Where is the hair pulling emoticon lol?

Wait a sec, something's not right here. If this is about DC, and he got his info from CA about Caylee's location, then whatever he was told was bound to contain a few "mistruths."

More likely is Lee found the body, and informed CA. Since they couldn't have family finding the body, CA cooked up some story to tell DC to get him to do the search, fully expecting him to find Caylee. Perhaps she told him she got her info from JB who got it from KC , and also told DC that JB wanted to know before LE was called--so DC was to inform her if he found the body so she could relay that info to JB. Perhaps as soon as DC heard that, he knew he would somehow get thrown under the bus himself, and decided not to find Caylee so as not to incriminate himself, ya know?

Wait another sec. I'll bet CA was going to try to incriminate the people who formerly lived at the vacant house on Hopespring Dr. She may have even had Lee plant something there of Caylee's for DC to discover--again which he didn't discover.

I'll bet someone's in deep, and it isn't JB or DC.
:hypno:

:wink:

There is no way to PROVE it wasn't there, unless there are dated & certified photographs showing the exact location...and those don't exist. They can provide statements from searchers stating they did not FIND anything, but they can't certify it wasn't there.

One more thing gets me about the "it wasn't there" argument. These searchers were looking day after day, foot by foot, at the same thing, over and over again. Undergrowth, bushes, trees, dirt, mud, standing water, and more of the same. I can see how things could get missed. Amateur searchers looking for a body in the bushes, and when they started searching she was probably already a skeleton. It is easy to see how they could search the area and miss that exact spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichelleleighD70