Public appearances and other forms of cashing in ..

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There is no evidence either of them are guilty. Nothing. No evidence. The only evidence points to two other people.

Forgive the autocorrect. Tapatalk has a mind of its own. :)

This thread is not for discussion of the lack of evidence against any of the 3. This thread is about how 3 wrongfully convicted individuals are not supposed to get out the word about what went tragically wrong for fear that someone on the internet may start a thread about how they are trying to cash in on their wrongful convictions. TIA. :pullhair:

Except for the fact that they are GUILTY AS SIN

In your opinion. And not based in evidence. There is no evidence that ties any of them to the events that day.

Forgive the autocorrect. Tapatalk has a mind of its own. :)

Public appearance for Damien in Paris, March 29 .. http://www.ring.fr/article/article....icace-exclusive-au-bhv-marais-le-29-mars-2014 after the book release on March 27 (I think) of LA VIE APRÈS LA MORT which is a French translation of Life After Death by the looks.

Accompanying trailer: http://www.ring.fr/livre/trailer.php/livre/la-vie-apres-la-mort

That was quite "special."

Barf buckets may be required to watch that. I know I can't stand to listen to Damien for two minutes, let alone longer than that.

And this is coming from someone who thought they were guilty, went to thinking that they were not guilty, and back to guilty again. My mind has been firmly made up about their guilt.

JMO

He lays it on pretty thick about the southern states of the USA being a 'bible belt' and what he wants the French to think that means, I hate to break it to him, but the French have a great affiliation for the USA and are not so naive that he can pull the wool over. I'm getting very tired of hearing him say that he was arrested / charged / convicted because of his beliefs, the obvious reason he was arrested / charged at least was because of Jessie's confession which implicated him, I can't say convicted because those confessions didn't make it into his trial, but there was a lot more to the story than the 'I wore black and was Wiccan, and therefore spent 18 years on death row' line.

He lays it on pretty thick about the southern states of the USA being a 'bible belt' and what he wants the French to think that means, I hate to break it to him, but the French have a great affiliation for the USA and are not so naive that he can pull the wool over. I'm getting very tired of hearing him say that he was arrested / charged / convicted because of his beliefs, the obvious reason he was arrested / charged at least was because of Jessie's confession which implicated him, I can't say convicted because those confessions didn't make it into his trial, but there was a lot more to the story than the 'I wore black and was Wiccan, and therefore spent 18 years on death row' line.

Thank you MrsG! You wrote that much better than I could!

JMO

IIRC, there was a newspaper, published in West Memphis, called The Evening Times That paper was what I was referencing earlier. I believe it is now defunct and this (apparent) blog is the replacement. Am I wrong?
I am pretty sure the paper is still going Gary Meece (?) is the Editor and reporter and also writes that blog! Last time I looked their web-site was pretty rudimentary.

Is French not taught in American schools? Even basic stuff? A sentence in French of just 4 words, where two of them are so easy to recognise is mindboggling. Mort is Death...root of Mortician, Mortuary etc etc
Apres is after as in Apres ski etc....
C'st la vie means That's life . .
I guess they would only be recognised up in the French parts of Canada and down South where there was a strong French influence.

Makes me reaise how English and American are two very different languages and cultures!

Interesting that Echols has been granted a visa.

Yes they did. Improperly, but definitely came in and were considered by the jurors.

Yes they did. Improperly, but definitely came in and were considered by the jurors.

Exactly, Also the fact that the candles were made a deal of, not to mention the bullcrap about ritual murder shows that they kinda did. Also, this was the tail end of the satanic panic, when there were a lot more people who bought into that rubbish. A religious and conservative town buying into it? Totally possible.

It's funny seeing how even people who think they're guilty are trying to downplay the fact that the police believed it was a ritual murder.

Didn't two jurors admit that the confessions influenced their decision? If so that should have gotten the verdict thrown out.

[modsnip]

Let me add that I am much more impressed with Jason's post-release activities. Jason has proven himself to be a stalwart defender of the falsely accused, and IMO Jason, not Damien or any movie or media gambit, will be the one who eventually brings the truth to light. Jessie is simply out of his league, given his mental deficiency.

Me too. I am more impressed with Jason as a person. Damien is his own worst enemy at times as others have posted and tends to appear (at least to me) to be talking down, acting superior to the very people who have supported him. Whether he realizes this or it's intentional - who can say? His comments regarding Jason's defense attorneys and his judgment towards Jason's out and out refusal (at first) to take that horrendous Alford Plea in his book - were in poor taste.

According to Mara Leveritt's Twitter @freebirdmojo Dark Spell, a sequel to Devil's Knot, written with Jason Baldwin is coming soon. It will be Part 2 in a trilogy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
liiinebecc
Back