Q: re Casey being coached

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I didn't think it was allowed for a person to defend themselves in a Murder trial?

She is being coached.

No more stolen sunglasses and tied up T's for Casey. Yesterday when being arrested she had schoolmarm glasses (ala Sarah Palin).

At trial she'll probably have her hair in in a bunor ponytail and wear a longish jumper (to emphasize her youth and primness). She have hankie in hand and wipe her eyes at the mention of Caylee.

I agree.

I think that an attempt at coaching her was made. But, I don't think that JB is seasoned enough or has good enough resources to do a thorough job at coaching her.

IF he was she would not have been wearing those pinstriped pants to the press conference yesterday. She would not have worn anything at anytime, once he started representing her, that she had stolen from Target/Amy H. He would have also coached CA and GA to keep their mouths shut and he would have changed the focus to finding Caylee not just talking about how others should be looking for Caylee. I think that any attempt he made at 'coaching' her was poor and that she is probably also 'unteachable'.

As far as her representing herself, I highly doubt a judge would allow it. But oh how I would love to see her make an even bigger fool of herself day-in-day-out on TV.

I'm wondering what has been going on at the attorneys office for 6 hours a day with Casey. Some idea's kind of make me shutter but now that the indictments have been handed down it made me wonder just how much coaching she has received and what kind. They had to know this was coming.

poise

speech

legal of course

how to answer questions

Is this really done? I know I watch too much tv.

I would say "absolutely"! Any good attorney will coach their client (not coaching as in 'how to lie' but coaching on all the issues listed above).

T

I saw one tear and only 1. Do I think she was coached, absolutely!!! She had on make-up, yet no running mascara??? Almost as if she knew she would be crying so she wore water proof mascara, imagine that!!!!!!!!!!:boohoo:

Did anyone else think she her face looked pretty (before she started crying)? I think Casey is a pretty girl (though I sometimes fail to see it because I think her insides are so black).

Ted Bundy chose to defend himself, but he had to have an experienced co-cousil. Not sure, but I think it is possible.

Bundy was a different breed than Casey because at least Bundy had been to law school (and Bundy had PDs to back him up)! Even Bundy did not last the whole trial representing himself! There is no way in hell a judge is going to let her represent herself -- no way in hell! She did not even finish high school! Not only will any judgment be reversed on appeal, I think we have enough suspicion that Casey might not be "all there". In a pre-qualified DP case it is not gonna happen.

T

In the words of Sheriff Kevin Beary (regarding apologizing to the A family), "It ain't gonna happen!"

If she was being coached, Baez was doing a terrible job at it. The heavy makeup, the painted on tight jeans, flaunting the stolen goods, smirks, giggles, smiles shown day after day with no change until it got to the zero hour. If he would have had an ounce of common sense, he would have told her to ditch the off duty stripper look a long time ago.

You must have seen a different interview than I did. I definitely saw tears roll down her cheek.

After reading the boards yesterday without the benefit of having watched the interview I expected the usual KC, I saw a much more emotional KC than described...ITA that her emotion was feeling sorry for herself and being scared of spending life in prison...I'm of the opinion that she'll never talk...or take the stand...I hope I'm wrong.

bundy was a different breed than casey because at least bundy had been to law school (and bundy had pds to back him up)! Even bundy did not last the whole trial representing himself! There is no way in hell a judge is going to let her represent herself -- no way in hell! She did not even finish high school! Not only will any judgment be reversed on appeal, i think we have enough suspicion that casey might not be "all there". In a pre-qualified dp case it is not gonna happen.

T

in the words of sheriff kevin beary, "it ain't gonna happen!"

bundy was intelligent - kc was shameless....

Bundy was a different breed than Casey because at least Bundy had been to law school (and Bundy had PDs to back him up)! Even Bundy did not last the whole trial representing himself! There is no way in hell a judge is going to let her represent herself -- no way in hell! She did not even finish high school! Not only will any judgment be reversed on appeal, I think we have enough suspicion that Casey might not be "all there". In a pre-qualified DP case it is not gonna happen.

T

In the words of Sheriff Kevin Beary, "It ain't gonna happen!"

Hahahahah thanks T for clearing that up.

You must have seen a different interview than I did. I definitely saw tears roll down her cheek.

They never got a chance to "roll". She would catch the one or two that she was able to muster, before it streamed down her face. She didn't want to smudge her makeup is my guess.

I bawl when I see documentaries like the one recently made about Arlington National Cemetary. Seeing mothers who recently lost their young-adult sons to the war is so sad to me being that I have a 9 month old son and get scared for his future.

KC has yet to show very much emotion for the death of her 2 yr old daughter. The couple of tears she caught with her finger were more for herself than for Caylee, IMO.

Well, if she is or isn't, she didn't listen to the notes given... or even thought what MIGHT be prudent.

Yesterday during the Presser at JB's office, while she was dressed more appropriately for such a setting...she still failed.
She absolutely should have turned on the faucet a bit more. I mean, come one this girl deserves an Oscar for the roles she's played for the last 3 years!
Also - and I said this on my rant - she should have NEVER looked directly into the camera. It totally showed how smug she really is and the notariety she's looking for. Like "look at me world, I'm famous". It showed me anyway who she really was and I keep thinking over and over to myself how sick and twisted she is. Instead of being concerned for what is happening, she looked directly into the lens of the cameras. Was she EVEN PAYING ATTENTION???????

Did anyone else notice this? Am I the only one bothered by how directly she gazed upon the camera?

Maybe someone can help me verify this: I heard on one of the many tv news coverage about this yesterday, that KC had originally planned to speak to the media herself with JB on hand as support but at the last minute she backed out and told JB to do all the talking. Did anyone else read/watch about that too? I know I didn't pull that out of my behind but I can't verify exactly which news station reported that.

Thank you everyone for your responses. I saw tears come from Casey yesterday but there were def for herself when Baez said SHE is somebody's daughter. That's the only "real" tear I saw.

I think she too young and inexperienced in the ways of the law to even ask to defend herself. If she talks her way on to the stand it would be a HUGE WASTE for the defense. IMO.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, if she is or isn't, she didn't listen to the notes given... or even thought what MIGHT be prudent.

Yesterday during the Presser at JB's office, while she was dressed more appropriately for such a setting...she still failed.
She absolutely should have turned on the faucet a bit more. I mean, come one this girl deserves an Oscar for the roles she's played for the last 3 years!
Also - and I said this on my rant - she should have NEVER looked directly into the camera. It totally showed how smug she really is and the notariety she's looking for. Like "look at me world, I'm famous". It showed me anyway who she really was and I keep thinking over and over to myself how sick and twisted she is. Instead of being concerned for what is happening, she looked directly into the lens of the cameras. Was she EVEN PAYING ATTENTION???????

Did anyone else notice this? Am I the only one bothered by how directly she gazed upon the camera?

I caught that same look on her face. It TOTALLY bugged me. It was like the look a bride has on her face when her husband is giving the toast at the wedding reception. It was odd and out of place. It was obvious that she was loving the attention she was receiving. Sick.

They never got a chance to "roll". She would catch the one or two that she was able to muster, before it streamed down her face. She didn't want to smudge her makeup is my guess.

I bawl when I see documentaries like the one recently made about Arlington National Cemetary. Seeing mothers who recently lost their young-adult sons to the war is so sad to me being that I have a 9 month old son and get scared for his future.

KC has yet to show very much emotion for the death of her 2 yr old daughter. The couple of tears she caught with her finger were more for herself than for Caylee, IMO.

I prefer to give her the benefit of the doubt. I don't think she even had any makeup on other than her eyeliner and maybe some mascara and lipstick.

I saw more than one unless they were playing the film clip back to back on TV.

The tears didn't start until Baez stated Casey was someones's daughter. Hence, tears were for herself. She hasn't cried one tear for Caylee. The only other time I have seen her cry was at ther bond hearing. Again, tears for herself.

T

In the words of Sheriff Kevin Beary (regarding apologizing to the A family), "It ain't gonna happen!"

Correcting my wrong-headed, knee-jerk post from earlier:

I'm wrong! It looks like it doesn't matter WHAT the charge is if she can get around a Faretta motion because I guess the nature of the charge is irrelevant to the decision to grant or deny a Faretta motion. In Faretta, the charge on the table was only grand theft (I believe) but in the California v. Dent case it was Murder 1. In Dent, the defendant had two attorneys both of whom did not show up to court on time (one had told the judge the night before he would not be there). When the morning came for trial and the defendant had no counsel the judge took both the attorneys off the case and tried to continue the case for another time. The defendant wanted to talk to the judge about it and the judge was concerned that counsel was not around. Once one of his attorneys did show up the defendant wanted to proceed with the one attorney and himself pro se. The judge (knowing it was a capital case) did not want to do it and the case was appealed for this reason.

It looks like (in sum):

If a motion to proceed pro se is timely interposed, a trial court must permit a defendant to represent himself upon ascertaining:

1)that he has voluntarily elected to do so ("Voluntary"),
2) and intelligently elected to do so ("Knowing"),
3) competently elected to do so ("Competent"),
4) irrespective of how unwise such a choice might appear to be.
5) Furthermore, the defendant’s ‘technical legal knowledge’ is irrelevant to the court’s assessment of the defendant’s knowing exercise of the right to defend himself.”
6) Motion cannot be denied because of the seriousness of charge (can be death penalty qualified)

Erroneous denial of a Faretta motion is reversible per se.

T

I prefer to give her the benefit of the doubt. I don't think she even had any makeup on other than her eyeliner and maybe some mascara and lipstick.

She had foundation, eyeliner, mascara and lipstick. I think she even had a small amount of blush. She was fully made up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoshibee
Back