Queen Elizabeth II, longest-reigning British monarch, dead at 96

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The most elaborate plans are for what happens if she passes away at Balmoral, where she spends three months of the year. This will trigger an initial wave of Scottish ritual. First, the Queen’s body will lie at rest in her smallest palace, at Holyroodhouse, in Edinburgh, where she is traditionally guarded by the Royal Company of Archers, who wear eagle feathers in their bonnets. Then the coffin will be carried up the Royal Mile to St Giles’s cathedral, for a service of reception, before being put on board the Royal Train at Waverley station for a sad progress down the east coast mainline. Crowds are expected at level crossings and on station platforms the length of the country – from Musselburgh and Thirsk in the north, to Peterborough and Hatfield in the south – to throw flowers on the passing train. (Another locomotive will follow behind, to clear debris from the tracks.) “It’s actually very complicated,” one transport official told me.

"For a time, she will be gone without our knowing it."

"The prime minister will be woken, if she is not already awake, and civil servants will say “London Bridge is down” on secure lines."

"From the Foreign Office’s Global Response Centre, at an undisclosed location in the capital, the news will go out to the 15 governments outside the UK where the Queen is also the head of state, and the 36 other nations of the Commonwealth for whom she has served as a symbolic figurehead"

"Governors general, ambassadors and prime ministers will learn first. "

" ... the announcement will go out as a newsflash to the Press Association and the rest of the world’s media simultaneously."

"At the same instant, a footman in mourning clothes will emerge from a door at Buckingham Palace, cross the dull pink gravel and pin a black-edged notice to the gates. While he does this, the palace website will be transformed into a sombre, single page, showing the same text on a dark background."

I'm under the impression she will lie in state at Holyrood for some reason. Parliaments should be suspended. JMO

Am I completely off base?
No, you're not. The wording in your post bought BraveHeart (a la Mel Gibson) to mind, sort of a rising of the clans :D

Last edited:

Plane carrying Royal Household members lands in Aberdeen

The plane carrying seven members of the Royal Family has landed at Aberdeen airport.

It's not known who exactly is on the flight from RAF Northolt.

Aberdeen airport is about an hour's drive from Balmoral.

BBC

1662648946789.png
''It is "quite a significant moment" that members of the Royal Family are travelling to Balmoral to be with the Queen, Sky News' royal commentator has said.''

''The Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall, the Duke of Cambridge and the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are all heading to the Queen's residence in Scotland to be with her.

The Duchess of Cambridge has remained in Windsor as Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis are on their first full day at their new school, Kensington Palace said''

I'm under the impression she will lie in state at Holyrood for some reason. Parliaments should be suspended. JMO

Am I completely off base?

This should answer some of your questions....

BREAKING - Prince William, Andrew and Edward land in Aberdeen

The plane landing in Aberdeen is carrying the Duke of Cambridge, the Duke of York and the Earl and Countess of Wessex, the BBC understands.

BBC

1662649687393.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads